Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1091 Spoilers Discussion

Do you agree with Rayleigh scaling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not getting it. You can fight for whatever the reason. You will develope your Swordsmanship and strength for that reason. To me its different than PK cause its just a fighting type. PK is a place. So its not a specific fighting style so Luffy villians all use any fighting style they want
I think the general complaint is that, for a goal as grandiose as defeating Mihawk and becoming the WSS, Zoro's opponents don't reflect that.

Or at least, that would be my complaint.

Imagine if Luffy's path to PK was Buggy - Arlong - Lucci - Katakuri and then suddenly Imu or whoever.

King was a step in the right direction for Zoro but even his hype ended up being iffy.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That was my point there were no competitors for WSM & WSC or even Yonko per say it just happen and that is how the story set it up .
But the story did set up WSS as a title you can go directly after problem was that most people in story don't use swords alone.
So Zoro have to get stronger fight differnt people than pure swordsmen before he fights Mihawk .
Oda was never going to do there is a pure swordsman on every crew for Zoro to fight
There is no such thing as "pure swordsman" tbh.

There are swordsmen who use DF abilities like Brook or Fujitora or even Kaku.
Then there are swordsmen who use Haki abilities like Vista, Scabbards, Zoro, Shanks & Mihawk.

WSS is simply the strongest swordsman, you don't have to beat every swordsman in the sea to be called the strongest, you have to beat the current strongest and then you will be known as the next one.

Meanwhile, you gotta beat every pirate in the sea in the race to become the Pirate King.
I'm sure one or two rival swordsmen for Zoro would be nice, no doubt.
But his ambition doesn't work the same way as Luffy's does.

No point in using the metric for the Pirate King title or Yonko title or Shichibukai title & comparing it to the titles of Worlds Strongest.

No the WSC is about the strongest creature which is the beast Kaido.

The WSM is about the man who is currently the strongest person alive based on overall strength.

The WSS is about the person who is the strongest and has the most skill with the blade.

Anyone could theoretically challenge for each of these titles. Most people are challenging for the WSM title unconsciously probably.
WSS title is the exact same as the WSC title or WSM title.
It's the Strongest Swordsman.

Meaning in a fight between two Swordsman - Mihawk will always win.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think the general complaint is that, for a goal as grandiose as defeating Mihawk and becoming the WSS, Zoro's opponents don't reflect that.

Imagine if Luffy's path to PK was Buggy - Arlong - Lucci - Katakuri and then suddenly Imu or whoever.

King was a step in the right direction for Zoro but even his hype ended up being iffy.
Zoro's opponents lack the Fame which is a characteristic of Luffy's opponents.
Zoro's opponents got plenty of Power tho.

?? King was stronger than anyone Luffy beat pre Wano.

Then there are swordsmen who use Haki abilities like Vista, Scabbards, Zoro, Shanks & Mihawk.

WSS is simply the strongest swordsman, you don't have to beat every swordsman in the sea to be called the strongest, you have to beat the current strongest and then you will be known as the next one.

Meanwhile, you gotta beat every pirate in the sea in the race to become the Pirate King.

No point in using the metric for the Pirate King title or Yonko title or Shichibukai title & comparing it to the titles of Worlds Strongest.

In general I agree that Zoro doesn't necessarily have to beat every aspiring swordsman if he can just beat Mihawk instead

But I don't want another Luffy vs. Kaido 2.0 against Mihawk where Zoro is clearly much inferior and then suddenly gets X power-up to miraculously win

And if Zoro was nearly good enough to fight Mihawk since the timeskip, then there's no real satisfaction in that because we never actually got to see his growth

Uhm yeah I never disagreed with this what's your beef?

I mean it's arguable whether he'd always win but the narrative is there. Just because you're the current strongest doesn't mean someone can't surpass them.

Whitebeard used a blade but was the WSM not WSS. Mihawk would not beat Whitebeard in 1 v 1 using all in their capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.