ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1091 : SENTOMARU

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Sanji has been like this bro, he would’ve reacted this way before Wano, pre timeskip and all.
Lucci Vs Zoro difficulty is anyone’s guess tho…. Lucci doesn’t look too pressed about Zoro. But based on where I have Zoro I would expect him to beat Lucci Mid/high Diff.
Sanji didn’t even yell out Stussys name like Vegapunk and Nami, he showed no anger and no emotion. You think pre timeskip or post timeskip sanji would act like this?

The sanji who yesterday In verse asked Stussy to be her loyal servant and now today doesn’t care that she was stabbed? There is not a single moment in the manga where Sanji sees a woman get hurt and he doesnt care.

Sanji didn’t even yell out Stussys name like Vegapunk and Nami, he showed no anger and no emotion. You think pre timeskip or post timeskip sanji would act like this?

The sanji who yesterday In verse asked Stussy to be her loyal servant and now today doesn’t care that she was stabbed? There is not a single moment in the manga where Sanji sees a woman get hurt and he doesnt care.
Could it be "Germa genes" affecting his character?

Peeping is a common eastern gag that’s not the same as ignoring a woman who’s just been stabbed right in front of his eyes.
Yeah that gag does not work with the character oda tries to make sanji out to be and really undermines a lot of the great character work for him. One of my biggest problems with Oda's writing is that he tends to have his cake and eat it too. He wants sanji to be chivalrous but also the perv and the way he writes it is like two separate characters. Which this discussion is happening how, the two characterizations of sanji's character are in conflict with each other and doesn't seem to match what we expect because they don't really work for the way the character has been written for a bulk of the story

Yeah that gag does not work with the character oda tries to make sanji out to be and really undermines a lot of the great character work for him. One of my biggest problems with Oda's writing is that he tends to have his cake and eat it too. He wants sanji to be chivalrous but also the perv and the way he writes it is like two separate characters. Which this discussion is happening how, the two characterizations of sanji's character are in conflict with each other and doesn't seem to match what we expect because they don't really work for the way the character has been written for a bulk of the story
That’s not an oda thing, it’s a Japanese thing. Why do you think Jaraiya was named Jariaya the gallant and would constantly sneak to peep on women in the bath.

It’s just an eastern gag

K

Kotone

Sanji has been like this bro, he would’ve reacted this way before Wano, pre timeskip and all.
Lucci Vs Zoro difficulty is anyone’s guess tho…. Lucci doesn’t look too pressed about Zoro. But based on where I have Zoro I would expect him to beat Lucci Mid/high Diff.
Sanji or not Sanji???

Not bad chapter
Love zoro's dialogue and taking lucci away from the crew but he reacted late didn't like that tbh
Not happy not sad him facing lucci maybe he is the only threaten alongside kizaru
I think stussy is done so sad because i was starting to like the character
Bonney better do something she is been a dissapointment and a burden to the crew

Best part of the chapter btw:myman:

I was actually glad Sanji ignored Stussy and straight went to capture Kaku into that bubble. A very quick response without this overly simping reactions like in Wano when he rather wanted to rescue some prostitutes instead of helping Nami and the others.
Not really bro.
After his family bloodline was revealed, Sanji has ignored saving woman in danger twice: Nami when being beaten by Ulti and Stussy. Good old Sanji would have quickly jumped to save the damsel, like good old Sanji saved Vivi from Crocodile's aligator or Tashigi from Vergo.
It is as if the third son is slowly becoming a cold blooded man like all other Judge's sons.

Bad chapter for admirals imo.

Luffy took like 2 or 3 kicks of Kizaru at marineford, dude doesnt do that much damage, just sends them flying. Huge explosion but a complete Sentomaru.

Even Lucci performed better than Kizaru IMO.

That’s not an oda thing, it’s a Japanese thing. Why do you think Jaraiya was named Jariaya the gallant and would constantly sneak to peep on women in the bath.

It’s just an eastern gag
Yes it is an oda thing because of how he is using the gag for his character. If he wrote the gag for Usopp it doesn't really mess up any of Usopp's other characterization but it does for sanji. That's my point. Just because its a common trope doesnt mean you can just insert the trope anywhere and not have it matter

Yes the Sanji who didn’t freak out or get mad about Stussy cause he knows and trust Zoro will Pack Lucci Up.

The Sanji who knows there are women who can handle themselves And women who can’t.