ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

I don't necessarily expect a 3rd. Wouldn't it depend on whether 2nd is a success first?

Where would 2nd and 3rd even end? I imagine maybe end of Alabasta for 2nd unless the want to rush the show a lot more?
Season 3 Skypea? Really makes you wonder how compressed will the story be if this goes on.

It's a good thing for Wano at least.
Alabasta is where the story really starts to shine so it means that people will want more. I'd say
Furthermore, Alabasta will be much closer to the original material as there will be no real need to bring the bad villain toward the middle of the second act, the story naturally follow a classic storytelling pattern from wiskey to the end with Robin.

By episode id say:
1 (1h-1h30) : Logue Town + Cape Laboon + Wiskey Peak (festa)
2 End of wiskey peak(battle) + little garden + bad guys misselinious
3 Drum
4 End of Drum(with Ace) + Bad guys misselenious + start of Alabasta + rebels
5 Yuba + Rainbase, ending with the win of Crocodile on Luffy
6 Rebels + Vivi's flashback + Start of the war
7 Battles ending on Luffy Arriving
8 Defeat of Crocodile + Palace + Ending + Ending on Robin.

Alabasta is very practical in term of narration. We can create something close to the material while still keeping the rythm of a normal serie. Skypiea on the other hand is another challenge.

the OP budget was 144m (tho idk where it went)
Post automatically merged:

money.
Yeah but again Netflix has never based their renewals on rating of a series. Which is precisely why 80% of Netflix catalogue is complete thrash with inifinite seasons, because people watch it.
The OA had a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and still got cancelled, The Get Down suffered the same fate...
Netflix does not care if a show is getting negative reviews as long it will bring people to buy more subscriptions and watch said show.

We don't even know how successful season 1 is, hold your horses :halt:
It's just a question of logic. This serie is a hit by defaut because of the first hype. Everything then holds on the shoulder of season 2 to keep up the hype. I think that because of the quality of Alabasta, it will holds, but I skypiea might demand too much $ to be done.

It's just a question of logic. This serie is a hit by defaut because of the first hype. Everything then holds on the shoulder of season 2 to keep up the hype. I think that because of the quality of Alabasta, it will holds, but I skypiea might demand too much $ to be done.
If they don't get Vivi's casting right.... :lusalty: