ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

Finished it,
Earlier majority of people complaining shanks due to appearance
But he is the best actor with buggy plus Shanks wasn't a bad cast either to begin with.
Acting skills>>> anything even if the cast isn't looking much identical to canon manga( unless it's so bad like lucky roo)

Most of the cast are pretty young and aren't really professional actor which is understandable.
So ye as results, the acting skills need to improve alot and need to learn how to act according to the mood of current situation/plot. They appear to be emotionless and robotic at several scenes.
Mostly the villains, Kuro, Buggy, Morgan plus Mihawk, Shanks, Garp literally the growm ups one are doing great job at acting.

Ye as one piece main cast need to be young just like canon kinda hard to have the perfect professional actors at such( Nami really is great among her age groups).
Nonetheless it's good overall rather than closer to being bad

Last edited:
This show is so mid. Even if I wasn't a One Piece fan, I would think this is a mid show. This is the exact kind of show people usually shit on in general. Poorly made netflix show with bad acting and cringe dialogue.
I have never related with this clip more in my life... I feel like I'm the only one on the internet that has this take...

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Jacob/Usopp with the: "New guy carries the clown head" to Sanji when they have Buggy's head in the bag actually destroyed me. So funny, they gave Usopp great lines
Post automatically merged:

I've watched 6 episodes and I'm disappointed with how they handled Baratie doesn't nearly have the emotional stacks that the manga did and feels kind of random for Sanji to join up with the crew
The Kaya stuff and crew tending to injured Zoro scenes should have been cut way down to give time for Gin to bring Krieg to the restaurant. Sanji fighting Gin, and Zeff commenting on Luffy, were honestly big moments. Gin refusing to kill Sanji out of kindness is a big part of Sanji's character, and it wouldn't have been hard to have Krieg show up for like 15-20 minutes and get stomped. Sanji seeing Luffy fight against Krieg, combined with watching Zoro fight Mihawk, is a big reason he decided to trust the Straw Hats. The adaptation loses that a little.

Last edited:
This show is so mid. Even if I wasn't a One Piece fan, I would think this is a mid show. This is the exact kind of show people usually shit on in general. Poorly made netflix show with bad acting and cringe dialogue.
I have never related with this clip more in my life... I feel like I'm the only one on the internet that has this take...
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Barely anything makes me cringe, but I can't watch this for longer than 2 minutes without cringing. I have no clue why this has better review than pretty much any other garbage Netflix series based on a manga.
Post automatically merged:

Matt Owens is such a fucking hack... Why the hell did Oda trust this guy?!
Oda is a genius, he's hyping up the series so he can get some good cash, it doesn't matter if it's trash or not. Honestly, I don't blame him.