Break Week To all the people claiming Luffy used COA last chapter

H

Herrera95

From that, then Ulti>Kizaru as Kizaru is literally pushed back while Ulti is standing her ground? Ulti is a much more interesting character than Kizaru, power-scaling aside.
First, Luffy got way stronger than he was after clashing with Ulti.

Second, Ulti is the one attacking not Luffy. It was Luffy that stood his ground.

Third, you can't tell by the panels that Kizaru was pushed back.

3 pages of analysing a single panel maimwhile when luffy pull out the adcoc kizaru will be flying around like aokiji. thankfull kizaru had lightsaber for matchup advantage.

First, Luffy got way stronger than he was after clashing with Ulti.

Second, Ulti is the one attacking not Luffy. It was Luffy that stood his ground.

Third, you can't tell by the panels that Kizaru was pushed back.

Kizaru is literally getting pushed back. He went from standing up straight to notably flexing his torso. I didn’t say he was sent skidding or flying back.
Kizaru is looking a bit stressed there. He is quickly realizing he has vastly underestimated Luffy and rightly so. Luffy defeated Kaido, with lots of help I admit. Kaido easily > any admiral.

It's like the Imu = weak because of the whole Cobra thing and Sabo surviving.

These dudes don't understand basic storytelling lol.
It's funny, Imu had Sabo looking way worse than he ever did against Issho, but these goons still downplay him despite that.
Anyway, if we're saying Luffy used CoC or ACoC here because of the thin lightning, then I guess Koby and Kuzan have it too, huh?

H

Herrera95

Kizaru is literally getting pushed back. He went from standing up straight to notably flexing his torso. I didn’t say he was sent skidding or flying back.
Kizaru is looking a bit stressed there. He is quickly realizing he has vastly underestimated Luffy and rightly so. Luffy defeated Kaido, with lots of help I admit. Kaido easily > any admiral.
He is flexing to defend not because he is being pushed back. He doesn't seem distressed at all.

It's funny, Imu had Sabo looking way worse than he ever did against Issho, but these goons still downplay him despite that.
Anyway, if we're saying Luffy used CoC or ACoC here because of the thin lightning, then I guess Koby and Kuzan have it too, huh?
Imu weak because of Sabo Is clearly a ruse, but let's be serious here: if instead of 5 Gorosei + Imu there had been 5 Admirals + GA and Sabo walked away in 1vs6 as he did, we would have seen tons, and I really mean tons of shit about the Admirals Jack level at best, incapable of stopping Sabo lol.

So it's a matter of perspective.

By the way, yeah, I think Kuzan and Koby have it too.
Kuzan because of the scene with Garp and also because he was almost on par with Akainu, who I think has it 100%.

Imu weak because of Sabo Is clearly a ruse, but let's be serious here: if instead of 5 Gorosei + Imu there had been 5 Admirals + GA and Sabo walked away in 1vs6 as he did, we would have seen tons, and I really mean tons of shit about the Admirals Jack level at best, incapable of stopping Sabo lol.

So it's a matter of perspective.

By the way, yeah, I think Kuzan and Koby have it too.
Kuzan because of the scene with Garp and also because he was almost on par with Akainu, who I think has it 100%.
We already have this with Luffy escaping Marineford lol

We already have this with Luffy escaping Marineford lol
Not only there were not 6 Admirals though, but to do that all WB crew + Jinbe + Crocodile + Law + Shanks and his crew (etc.) had to act (and BB was doing his things in the meantime). And still was incredibly forced.

Sabo was alone against 6 people.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the narrative point. However, what I am saying is that 9 out of 10 people who cry about the episode with Sabo utilized to prove the Gorosei are not top tiers would have still absolutely clowned the Admiral if Sabo managed to escape in front of 5 Admirals + a GA. And in the blink of an eye.

So it is a double standard.

Not only there were not 6 Admirals though, but to do that all WB crew + Jinbe + Crocodile + Law + Shanks and his crew (etc.) had to act (and BB was doing his things in the meantime). And still was incredibly forced.

Sabo was alone against 6 people.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the narrative point. However, what I am saying is that 9 out of 10 people who cry about the episode with Sabo utilized to prove the Gorosei are not top tiers would have still absolutely clowned the Admiral if Sabo managed to escape in front of 5 Admirals + a GA. And in the blink of an eye.

So it is a double standard.
Double standards are the bread and butter of a lot of “Yonko fans.” It’s always been that way and is always amusing because it basically indicates that they really have little faith in their own claims. Or the other option is intentionally being dishonest in the hopes that no one would call them out for it…even though that never works.

Anyway, I typically don’t bother with the black lightning arguments because Oda himself is just inconsistent with it, so what’s the point?

I will say that none of the replies have actually addressed the OP’s point though. You still have people reaching back for examples before CoC coating was even introduced as a thing.
It doesn’t make anything definitive of course, but Oda has indeed kept from using the lightning frivolously with Luffy when he’s using armament and reserved it for CoC.

It’s silly either way because Kizaru blocking it is to be expected whether armament or CoC.
It’s really only those that stupidly thought ACoC was an automatic win and unstoppable attack that should be getting flustered. So, those referenced in my first paragraph, unsurprisingly…

Double standards are the bread and butter of a lot of “Yonko fans.” It’s always been that way and is always amusing because it basically indicates that they really have little faith in their own claims. Or the other option is intentionally being dishonest in the hopes that no one would call them out for it…even though that never works.

Anyway, I typically don’t bother with the black lightning arguments because Oda himself is just inconsistent with it, so what’s the point?

I will say that none of the replies have actually addressed the OP’s point though. You still have people reaching back for examples before CoC coating was even introduced as a thing.
It doesn’t make anything definitive of course, but Oda has indeed kept from using the lightning frivolously with Luffy when he’s using armament and reserved it for CoC.

It’s silly either way because Kizaru blocking it is to be expected whether armament or CoC.
It’s really only those that stupidly thought ACoC was an automatic win and unstoppable attack that should be getting flustered. So, those referenced in my first paragraph, unsurprisingly…
It's not whether or not Kizaru can block ACoC, it's more of about how the lightning is so thin and there's a touch when Luffy hits him.
Plus Oda usually shows fodders dropping and what not when CoC is used.

It's not whether or not Kizaru can block ACoC, it's more of about how the lightning is so thin and there's a touch when Luffy hits him.
Plus Oda usually shows fodders dropping and what not when CoC is used.
None of that has to do with OP’s point.

OP simply said that ever since Oda introduced the power up, he’s been consistent with it for Luffy in particular.
Trying to discern the thickness of the lightning or if fodder is nearby is besides the point. It’s just that if Luffy in particular is using it on his own, that’s when Oda bothers to draw it.
That at least he held true so far…

I think Oda fumbled haki and hasn't been the most consistent with how it has been depicted (like hardening not existing pre-ts or COC bursts only starting to produce black lightning when Big Mom used it during the wedding in WCI), mainly because whie he had a general idea of the power, he never planned the details.
It's not like Kizaru is even clashing directly with Luffy (as clashes sometimes have own visual effects), he's just blocking his kick without using visible haki.

My point with this thread is that in spite of this, Oda has been surprisingly consistent when it comes to portray his protagonist (the character who gets all the panel time and fights) haki visually for the last 5 years and I don't see why he would suddenly break the pattern and make things more confusing again as it's a basic but easy distinction.

I don't like pumping myself up but I genuinely believe I'm being much more reasonable than people who bring examples 200 chapters before aCoC was even a thing or from secondary characters

Last edited:
I genuinely believe I'm being much more reasonable than people who bring examples 200 chapters before aCoC was even a thing or from secondary characters
I agree.

I mean, it is clear as a day that Oda: A) didn't plan these things beforehand; B) is very sloppy in consistent drawing.

So bringing prehistoric examples makes no sense, at least for me. Oda did not even know that Adv Coc was, let alone how to draw it. Even less because Oda is not consistent even nowadays, for example in some of Garp's scenes or Kaido and G5's ones.