Break Week To all the people claiming Luffy used COA last chapter

None of that has to do with OP’s point.

OP simply said that ever since Oda introduced the power up, he’s been consistent with it for Luffy in particular.
Trying to discern the thickness of the lightning or if fodder is nearby is besides the point. It’s just that if Luffy in particular is using it on his own, that’s when Oda bothers to draw it.
That at least he held true so far…
Why are two deciding factors of CoC usage besides the point lol
The same people that just claimed Kuzan and Garp have ACoC for thick lightning trails and other stuff are now claiming that those details don't matter for CONFIRMED ACoC users like Luffy?

Why are two deciding factors of CoC usage besides the point lol
The same people that just claimed Kuzan and Garp have ACoC for thick lightning trails and other stuff are now claiming that those details don't matter for CONFIRMED ACoC users like Luffy?
Again, I’m just using the criteria that OP specifically mentioned. Oda’s inconsistencies make it pointless to even discuss if we go down that route…but if we are talking about just 1 specific character then we can at least try to make sense of it.

The thickness of lightning trails is a pointless criteria because Luffy has similar when using it in gear 5 against Kaido, and no one is denying those instances. There’s no fodder next to Luffy or Kizaru, so how would that even help anything?

It’s just what Wiwi said: Oda has abstained from using it when Luffy is using basic armament Haki. We have instances of Luffy using armament in recent chapters in the arc without it…so it’s reasonable that Oda’s keeping it exclusive for a reason.
It’s not supposed to be a rocket science analysis, nor does it even make it definite. It’s just a simple observed fact.

I feel like people are getting too technical about when CoC/CoA/advCoA is being used, but forget that Oda himself is much more relaxed about using indicators. Obv Luffy was using strong CoA (hence the lightning), and he very well could have used advCoA (even if there is physical contact) personally I feel he used very strong CoA, and Kizaru either couldn't/didn't block with advCoC.

Luffy has probably been waiting to punch that dude for a while and doesn't tend to go whole hog at the start of a fight. But since it is a base form damage upgrade, it would be a bit strange if didn't use the technique to add the extra pain. The way I see CoA/advCoA, is that the advanced form is just significantly more efficient usage of Haki. The scabbards/Luffy had it and were even able to damage Kaido with its slicing/internal damage improvements. However only Luffy was strong enough to consistently contest and survive Kaido's attacks, so only he could provide the consistent and sustained DPS to take down a monster like him. His initial showing against him wasn't horrible when you consider what it took to bring him down. He still knocked Kaido out of the sky and sobered him up without advanced CoA.

Either way base Luffy basically spawned on Kizaru who was barely able to block in time (while also getting pushed back). It is clear that Luffy can hit much harder than he just hit Kizaru, and Kizaru's already (literally) on the backfoot. I am really fucking hoping for a reverse Sabaody, and Kizaru while maybe not completely defeated gets shoved around a bit.

Provide panels then it should be easy
You literally just have to read the G5 fight. But If you want, I'll just post a few ones:

Kaido literally said Luffy is using CoC, but you can see, clear as a day, that the punch made contact since his head took the exact form of the punch.

If you want an example or two from Kaido using CoC and still touching:

This is both Luffy and Kaido attacking each other and making contact:

And so on. There are tons of others.

Last edited:
You literally just have to read the G5 fight. But If you want, I'll just post a few ones:

Kaido literally said Luffy is using CoC, but you can see, clear as a day, that the punch made contact since his head took the exact form of the punch.

If you want an example or two form Kaido using Cox ant still touching:

There's a huge misunderstanding of the "no touching", although Oda is partially to blame for that.
No touching is just an application of COA, Luffy literally said he learned how to it from Hyogoro, we also have an example of Luffy using no touching haki before the raid :

The more I read this thread. The more I realize it doesn't really matter either way.

OK. Assume Luffy used acoc.

Are we seriously pretending Luffy isn't winning here lol?
Luffy is winning no doubt imho, if the fight goes to the end.
Just high/extreme and not mid, low or even neg as someone with a lot of creativity said again and again about Emperors vs Admirals.

Luffy is winning no doubt imho, if the fight goes to the end.
Just high/extreme and not mid, low or even neg as someone with a lot of creativity said again and again about Emperors vs Admirals.
The series is about bonds. Kizaru sort of paralleled Garp in forsaking his Ace. Sentoumaru.

That..I see as an absolute red flag Kizaru isn't just going down. He's losing pretty badly.

The series is about bonds. Kizaru sort of paralleled Garp in forsaking his Ace. Sentoumaru.

That..I see as an absolute red flag that Kizaru isn't just going down. He's losing pretty badly.
Maybe, but the first Admiral to fall, the first one to probably showcase Rogia awakening and someone deeply connected with the past of the mugi as Kizaru is (as the mugi themselves reminded us), someone like that, I don't think it will fall easily.

I think it will be a hard fight, high/extreme. Luffy is incredibly strong, has beaten Kaido, and is the new Joy Boy, and is surely winning, but still.

But we'll see.

IMO he used ACoC

But Oda was and is almost always inconsistent in terms of drawing Haki

We can't be surre about this until it will be very clear in the next chapter

Maybe, but the first Admiral to fall, the first one to probably showcase Rogia awakening and someone deeply connected with the past of the mugi as Kizaru is (as the mugi themselves reminded us), someone like that, I don't think it will fall easily.

I think it will be a hard fight, high/extreme. Luffy is incredibly strong, has beaten Kaido, and is the new Joy Boy, and is surely winning, but still.

But we'll see.
Kizaru should be humiliated here for making the *wrong* decision. No different than Aramaki imo

If you want an example or two from Kaido using CoC and still touching:

Only G5 panels. G5 is special among Luffy's Gear. You litteraly provided a panel of Kaido hyping G5 versatility

Never in base or G2, G3, G4 provide panels in G4 or lower of Luffy using AdCoC and we don't have the no touching effects
I will wait I'm sure they have none that's why you only brought G5 and Kaido

Irrelevant Luffy use CoC with AdCoA

C

Cruxroux

Only G5 panels. G5 is special among Luffy's Gear. You litteraly provided a panel of Kaido hyping G5 versatility

Never in base or G2, G3, G4 provide panels in G4 or lower of Luffy using AdCoC and we don't have the no touching effects
I will wait I'm sure they have none that's why you only brought G5 and Kaido

Irrelevant Luffy use CoC with AdCoA
Oh but kaido definitely does have Adcoc with touching effect.
What does no touching even indicates? 🤦🤦🤦.
Garo every attack connected to Aokiji and they were touching.