Break Week To all the people claiming Luffy used COA last chapter

No wonder he got a higher bounty than Sanji.

On god. This clash is less relevant than admiral bros think. Even if I'm the first one to bring that it's CoA, I have said multiple times that this doesn't downplay Kizaru at all.

That's literally what I told him but he didn't listen. He thinks he can arbitrarily disqualify the panels that don't suit his opinion. That's not how this works.

Everything in that panel screams CoA and nothing in that panel potentially suggests it's aCoC. I really can't comprehend how some fans can be so biased. Like I get the "it's not 100% clear" but it's 95% clear it's CoA.

I couldn't care less about this clash. What I hate is having to face a fandom that believes it's aCoC when it is in fact CoA. That's what I care about.

Admiral doesn't want to face Kaido.
Admiral scared by Shanks.

Then, they'll tell you that admirals = yonko.

They find it normal that an admiral doesn't face Kaido or Shanks but when it comes to Luffy, it's always downplaying time.

Double standards.

One more reason why Luffy has to take down Kizaru.

1. Luffy used CoA and this changes nothing to Kizaru's portrayal.
2. Oda doesn't care about your made-up headcanons about what admirals can do and cannot do.
3. This panel is a simple clash between Luffy and Kizaru, the first clash after the timeskip. It being CoA is the most rational thing (besides all the evidence that I already brought up multiple times).
4. This is clearly a "show of superiority against an old enemy". Also, you are still unable to make an argument without insulting people and being rude. Luffy faced Kizaru in Sabaody and now he is facing him again. He clashed him with CoA and told him they now were 100x stronger. This fight is about Luffy's yonko status so people like Lucci, and also certain fans, start acknowledging Luffy for the yonko that he is, for the yonko who took down Kaido. This goes even deeper and it is clearly indicated by the narrative.
-> By defeating Kizaru, Luffy is going to be portrayed as a yonko like Shanks and Blackbeard. Shanks took down Kid, Blackbeard took down Law, Luffy is taking down Kizaru, Cross Guild will also take down a strong opponent.
-> By defeating Kizaru, Luffy is going to be portrayed as the only one of the "monster trio" (Luffy, Law and Kid) to have succeeded.
If you still believe that Luffy doesn't have to defeat Kizaru, then there is nothing I can do.
5. No, that's not the only thing needed to show that things changed. You ignore the whole plot of this fight: the Egghead incident that will shock the entire world, triggered by Luffy coming to Egghead. Luffy simply "capturing" Vegapunk is not a shocking event, even Saturn approves the title of the article that is already in the news. So what is shocking? I'll let you think for a second.
6. The chances that Luffy wins against Kizaru are significantly higher than Luffy losing, whatever the diff of the fight.

On god. This clash is less relevant than admiral bros think. Even if I'm the first one to bring that it's CoA, I have said multiple times that this doesn't downplay Kizaru at all.

That's literally what I told him but he didn't listen. He thinks he can arbitrarily disqualify the panels that don't suit his opinion. That's not how this works.

Everything in that panel screams CoA and nothing in that panel potentially suggests it's aCoC. I really can't comprehend how some fans can be so biased. Like I get the "it's not 100% clear" but it's 95% clear it's CoA.

I couldn't care less about this clash. What I hate is having to face a fandom that believes it's aCoC when it is in fact CoA. That's what I care about.

They find it normal that an admiral doesn't face Kaido or Shanks but when it comes to Luffy, it's always downplaying time.

Double standards.

2. Oda doesn't care about your made-up headcanons about what admirals can do and cannot do.
3. This panel is a simple clash between Luffy and Kizaru, the first clash after the timeskip. It being CoA is the most rational thing (besides all the evidence that I already brought up multiple times).
4. This is clearly a "show of superiority against an old enemy". Also, you are still unable to make an argument without insulting people and being rude. Luffy faced Kizaru in Sabaody and now he is facing him again. He clashed him with CoA and told him they now were 100x stronger. This fight is about Luffy's yonko status so people like Lucci, and also certain fans, start acknowledging Luffy for the yonko that he is, for the yonko who took down Kaido. This goes even deeper and it is clearly indicated by the narrative.
-> By defeating Kizaru, Luffy is going to be portrayed as a yonko like Shanks and Blackbeard. Shanks took down Kid, Blackbeard took down Law, Luffy is taking down Kizaru, Cross Guild will also take down a strong opponent.
-> By defeating Kizaru, Luffy is going to be portrayed as the only one of the "monster trio" (Luffy, Law and Kid) to have succeeded.
If you still believe that Luffy doesn't have to defeat Kizaru, then there is nothing I can do.
5. No, that's not the only thing needed to show that things changed. You ignore the whole plot of this fight: the Egghead incident that will shock the entire world, triggered by Luffy coming to Egghead. Luffy simply "capturing" Vegapunk is not a shocking event, even Saturn approves the title of the article that is already in the news. So what is shocking? I'll let you think for a second.
6. The chances that Luffy wins against Kizaru are significantly higher than Luffy losing, whatever the diff of the fight.
They know another Aramaki is coming. So they have to throw out more insults to cope.

Exactly. The world already knows Luffy has VP hostage.

Why would him escaping shock the world?

No. The shocking event is EXPLICITLY said to be something nobody saw coming.

I assume it will involve Saturn.

You need CoA to touch a Logia...

What's the problem here?
Exactly.

A very specific fandom thinks that Luffy used conqueror's coating to hit Kizaru.

We are all telling them that it's not conqueror's coating but armament haki and that it's not a big deal.

However, they firmly believe it's conqueror's coating.

Apparently, if you ignore all of the panels of the series where Luffy's and other people's armament haki attacks do black lightning, then you can see that Oda never draws black lightning for Luffy's armament haki and so, they conclude that the attack used against Kizaru must be conqueror's coating.

The problem is that nothing in that panel suggests it's conqueror's coating.

Double standards.

It will never not be hilarious seeing someone complain about using double standards while objectively using them in the very same comment.

You tried the same silly argument of “the Admirals didn’t go and face Kaido” when we had the top Yonko Whitebeard (with an actual reason to face Kaido unlike the Admirals) decline to do so. The same goes for Shanks who believed that his friend’s children were suffering under Kaido yet did nothing.

Are WB and Shanks not “Yonko level?”
Kaido was scared by Shanks according to you since he turned from his goal of going to Marineford.
“Then they’ll tell you that Kaido, WB & Shanks are Yonko level.”

^That’s a legitimate double standard…and the very fact that you somehow didn’t recognize it while typing it out shows you’re in the same boat as the usual suspects despite pretending to be reasonable.

I believe I said it in this very thread already, but double standards are the bread and butter of “Yonko fans” arguments and has been that way for years. All you’ve done is reiterate the point with perfect examples.

I'm still a bit confused on CoC coating being "new", because Luffy's been CoC clashing since Dressrosa. AdvCoA was the new haki technique he was flexing, and G5 the devil fruit techniques. Luffy hasn't used advCoC to my knowledge and has only really used the base applications of it. Maybe his animal taming or selective knockouts (if you count those). Zoro has weaker CoC, but can also manifest two shadow clones with real swords, which IMO is a better feat of control than any of Luffy's showings.

edit: Is it really just because Kaido mentioned Luffy being able to attack with CoC? If so, just about every final boss he's fought with post TS has made a similar comment.

Exactly.

A very specific fandom thinks that Luffy used conqueror's coating to hit Kizaru.

We are all telling them that it's not conqueror's coating but armament haki and that it's not a big deal.

However, they firmly believe it's conqueror's coating.

Apparently, if you ignore all of the panels of the series where Luffy's and other people's armament haki attacks do black lightning, then you can see that Oda never draws black lightning for Luffy's armament haki and so, they conclude that the attack used against Kizaru must be conqueror's coating.

The problem is that nothing in that panel suggests it's conqueror's coating.
I mean, you can see in the Katakuri fight there is instances where Luffy and Katakuri are both using CoA, without even attacking each other, and they have black lighting sparking off their hands.

CoC trails are completely different, as they look like long wavy lines, not the lightning like effects that CoA, and impact indicators have.

It will never not be hilarious seeing someone complain about using double standards while objectively using them in the very same comment.

You tried the same silly argument of “the Admirals didn’t go and face Kaido” when we had the top Yonko Whitebeard (with an actual reason to face Kaido unlike the Admirals) decline to do so. The same goes for Shanks who believed that his friend’s children were suffering under Kaido yet did nothing.

Are WB and Shanks not “Yonko level?”
Kaido was scared by Shanks according to you since he turned from his goal of going to Marineford.
“Then they’ll tell you that Kaido, WB & Shanks are Yonko level.”

^That’s a legitimate double standard…and the very fact that you somehow didn’t recognize it while typing it out shows you’re in the same boat as the usual suspects despite pretending to be reasonable.

I believe I said it in this very thread already, but double standards are the bread and butter of “Yonko fans” arguments and has been that way for years. All you’ve done is reiterate the point with perfect examples.
You wrote so much, yet you said nothing, typical admiral fan post.

1. WB had no reason to fight Kaido. He already knew about the One Piece, he went to Laugh Tale and he still decided not to go after it. He wanted to have a family instead and he got it.

2. Kaido was stopped by Shanks, not scared of Shanks.

I mean, you can see in the Katakuri fight there is instances where Luffy and Katakuri are both using CoA, without even attacking each other, and they have black lighting sparking off their hands.

CoC trails are completely different, as they look like long wavy lines, not the lightning like effects that CoA, and impact indicators have.
I agree 100%, that's what I keep arguing. @MonsterKaido and I brought the panels multiple times and showed them to admiral bros. I think I already brought the Luffy vs Katakuri panels 10 times since 1091 was posted.

Why is it that everyone but admiral fans acknowledge that this is armament haki?

There's like max 2 AdmiraLs who have CoC, because they are governement dogs first, and people second. They can't CoC clash, but I think the AdmiGODS are still a threat without it

1. WB had no reason to fight Kaido. He already knew about the One Piece, he went to Laugh Tale and he still decided not to go after it. He wanted to have a family instead and he got it.

I agree 100%, that's what I keep arguing. @MonsterKaido and I brought the panels multiple times and showed them to admiral bros. I think I already brought the Luffy vs Katakuri panels 10 times since 1091 was posted.

Why is it that everyone but admiral fans acknowledge that this is armament haki?
It’s only “nothing” for anyone without the ability to read English.

1. Kaido killed WB’s brother, and there was a possibility that the children of that brother were being oppressed by Kaido.
So what reason did you think the Admirals had to go after Kaido over that? What did you think was the gain there?
Again, just a silly double standard on your part.
What about Shanks, Big Mom & Blackbeard not going to Wano for years or even decades in some cases? Forgot about that did you? It’s only for the Admirals that it’s apparently a bad thing though, eh?

2. Ah…so when it’s Kaido the terminology changes? Once again, double standard.
Aramaki was already going after 1 Yonko, and another Yonko crew showed up behind him…yet it’s bad that Aramaki didn’t stay and fight like an idiot, but it’s okay when Kaido avoids the Red Hair Pirates.

This particular excuse is even more terrible considering that even the Pirate King himself avoided fighting 1 Yonko crew when he didn’t have to. Yet you hold an Admiral to a higher standard.
That’s the funniest thing about this topic.
Such Yonko fans’ hatred of the Admirals ironically indicates a deeper level of respect where the Admirals are always expected to do more.

All you’ve done is repeat the same old, tired crap that’s been used even a decade ago.

Last edited:
There is no pattern, haki streaks rarely show up for CoA in the first place...doesn't change that we've seen many, many times that basic CoA has the exact same appearance as what Luffy kicked Kizaru with.
We’ve never seen CoA leak directly (connected to) from someone’s body part from a ACOC user.

Generalizations won’t help you either. There are “Admiral fans” that don’t think it’s CoC and “Yonko fans” that think it is. Oda is simply inconsistent with it, so nothing can be said definitively either way.
What you’re doing on the other hand is just circumventing OP’s point about changes Oda made since CoC coating was introduced.

You are doing exactly what OP predicted in going for chapters before CoC coating was even introduced to try and detract from a point that’s based on only chapters afterwards.
It’s like those claiming pre-time skip characters weren’t using Haki just because it wasn’t coloured black. It’s an irrelevant answer.

It doesn’t much matter what it is either way…but it’s clearly the Yonko fans more invested in trying to reject it being CoC because they are the ones that have historically overblown the ability to begin with…with some pretending that you could even one shot an Admiral with it.
Obviously Kizaru blocking an attack with it would be devastating to them. Most fans are expecting Kizaru to be able to take multiple such attacks anyway.

All that is besides the point of the criteria laid out in this thread, so it’s bad enough to waste time on such a tangent.
Trying to say it’s definitely just Armament is just as bad as those trying to say it’s definitely CoC when there’s no objective criteria. All anyone can do is try to make sense of the mess Oda’s made of it. Addressing the points being made directly rather than detracting with irrelevant crap goes a long way towards that.

I don't think it was CoC that was used on Kizaru last chapter but its irrelevant since Luffy will use it at some point if this is meant to be a fully fledged fight. I still doubt that Oda is gonna write an admiral out of the story this early but I suppose we will see.

Generalizations won’t help you either. There are “Admiral fans” that don’t think it’s CoC and “Yonko fans” that think it is. Oda is simply inconsistent with it, so nothing can be said definitively either way.
What you’re doing on the other hand is just circumventing OP’s point about changes Oda made since CoC coating was introduced.

You are doing exactly what OP predicted in going for chapters before CoC coating was even introduced to try and detract from a point that’s based on only chapters afterwards.
It’s like those claiming pre-time skip characters weren’t using Haki just because it wasn’t coloured black. It’s an irrelevant answer.

It doesn’t much matter what it is either way…but it’s clearly the Yonko fans more invested in trying to reject it being CoC because they are the ones that have historically overblown the ability to begin with…with some pretending that you could even one shot an Admiral with it.
Obviously Kizaru blocking an attack with it would be devastating to them. Most fans are expecting Kizaru to be able to take multiple such attacks anyway.

All that is besides the point of the criteria laid out in this thread, so it’s bad enough to waste time on such a tangent.
Trying to say it’s definitely just Armament is just as bad as those trying to say it’s definitely CoC when there’s no objective criteria. All anyone can do is try to make sense of the mess Oda’s made of it. Addressing the points being made directly rather than detracting with irrelevant crap goes a long way towards that.
Blablablablabla, so much text just to say "it's not admiral fans that are bad but yonko fans and we can't say it's 100% CoA", go straight to the point, Jesus.

I already took my time to explain all of my points to OP, in a more respectful manner than they did. Yet, instead of actually trying to address these points, they decided to start another topic with the exact same arguments.

You quoted my post out of its context and went Blablablablabla. That's a strawman. Go read my previous posts before and then we can discuss.

Double standards.

1. You are selecting some panels of the Wano arc to justify an argument that is heavily contradicted by all the other panels you did not select. When you acknowledge the other panels, you will realize that this can't be aCoC. You are heavily ignoring the clear evidence of CoA provided in the fight of Luffy vs Katakuri only to support your agenda. It baffles me how you would rather deny some clear instances of CoA, just to support an opinion that in your case, is supported by lack of evidence (= evidence that you deem worthy), not by any evidence at all.

2. Luffy in Gear 5 uses both armament and conqueror's haki so your example is fallacious when we know that both forms of haki are used and that the lightning can't be attributed to one of them specifically. Yes, the lightning you see in that panel could be armament haki's lightning but we both know there is also conqueror's involved, as Kaido said below.

Stop overanalysing this and stop using "lack of evidence" to justify your argument. When I say "lack of evidence", I of course mean lack of evidence that you consider as evidence because I actually provided you with clear examples of Luffy vs Katakuri, Ulti vs Usopp, Scabbards vs Kaido that are clearly similar to Luffy vs Kizaru clash.

In fact, the haki used in that clash is less relevant than you think and says nothing about Kizaru's strength. The initial clash can be CoA if Luffy wants to use CoA. In none of my arguments I said that this downplayed Kizaru.

Armament haki is portrayed with thin lightning.
Advanced conqueror's haki is always portrayed with black trails (thick lightning with borders).

If you can't support your opinion with clear evidence and you have to use the lack of evidence because you select what you consider as evidence in the first place, then don't you think that you should reconsider your opinion? I'm providing you with clear examples and you are ignoring them all just to support your agenda that is supported by nothing.

What you have is not an opinion, it's a belief. You believe that Luffy used aCoC because you simply can't accept that it's CoA so you use fallacious ways to prove your belief. However, the best you can come up with is selecting what panels are "CoA" and what is not "CoA" and you think that Oda decided out of the blue to change CoA representation, when there are recent examples that show that he has not changed it at all. We both know that there are panels of CoA that are highly similar to Kizaru vs Luffy clash and that the lightning in that clash does not resemble at all the thick trailing lightning seen in aCoC clashes.

So, unless you can provide me with evidence and stop questioning the panels I send (also stop being rude), I will not discuss this further.
Why still mad?

Oda has been extremely consistent with CoA and aCoC representation yes, see for yourself here below.

CoA: aCoC:
Now I let you choose where to put the Luffy vs Kizaru clash.

Spoiler: it's going to be in the CoA category.
So rude. Did I hurt your feelings that you had to say "stop coping"?

I would also have preferred that this was CoC but as I said, this changes nothing to Kizaru's portrayal so chill down.

I can't believe you can't tell the difference between CoC and CoA.

Scabbards using CoA against Kaido.

Ulti using CoA against Usopp.

That is definitely a clash of strong armament haki. We can tell because it does not include the trailing katakana characters that are used to denote Conqueror's Coating.

Furthermore, Oda has always been clear when it comes to conqueror's haki. There has always been an effect on the surroundings: people falling unconscious, skies splitting, clear black trails that are not simple lightning, no touching, the evident katakana characters...

So put your ego aside, or stop coping like you told me, and accept that it's armament haki.
It is clearly CoA, the lightning is thin (not trails), like the CoA shown in the fight of Luffy vs Katakuri.

Now, in no way this says anything about Kizaru's strength as this is a simple clash and we can't conclude anything from it.

However, it clearly is simple CoA and nothing else.

COA isn't even the only thing that got visual changes btw .
Before WCI COC bursts (to not confuse with COC coating or conquerors colliding) were never depicted generating black lightning prior to WCI ( it started with Big Mom in the wedding and Luffy & Katakuri both using a COC burst to knock flambe & co out )

Now the counter-argument could be that these characters (beginning of post-ts Luffy, Chinjao, Doffy) are weaker than the current conquerors and that would be why, but that's bullcrap.

Rayleigh did not generate black lightning when using conqueror pre-ts or when fighting Kizaru, yet it was the first thing he did did in his only appearance post-Sabaody

Same for Shanks
pre-ts COC burst
Wano COC burst

Same for sky splitting clash involving emperors
Depiction pre-ts :
In Wano

I'm not being anymore arbitrary than the author is.
But for how arbitrary he can be, Oda stayed consistent with the distinction between Luffy's COA and COC from the arc where he officially introduced aCoC and gave it to him, and that's the whole point of this thread.

Blablablablabla, so much text just to say "it's not admiral fans that are bad but yonko fans and we can't say it's 100% CoA", go straight to the point, Jesus.

I already took my time to explain all of my points to OP, in a more respectful manner than they did. Yet, instead of actually trying to address these points, they decided to start another topic with the exact same arguments.

You quoted my post out of its context and went Blablablablabla. That's a strawman. Go read my previous posts before and then we can discuss.
The only posts you actually made in this thread don’t address OP’s point at all.
Again, you were literally going dozens of chapters back before CoC coating was introduced to appeal to Luffy vs Katakuri as an excuse.
From what I see, you only made appeals to your own suppositions and nothing tangible…saying that it must be CoA that Luffy uses first against Kizaru with no basis (why couldn’t Luffy use CoC, hm?)

- This is besides the point, but even your peripheral logic is terrible.
Luffy doesn’t have to prove anything, he’s a Yonko whether you (or anyone else) like it or not. None of the other Yonko have defeated an Admiral, so Luffy doing so actually places him above them in estimation if anything.
Blackbeard & Shanks beat inferior forces to their own to get poneglyphs, while in Luffy’s case they’re the ones that are outnumbered. They have no need for poneglyphs either.

Not sure what you thought quoting your previous comments was supposed to do. It just proved my point. Nothing I said was a strawman (likely you don’t even understand what that is). You were going back to panels in Dressrosa, WCI and before the Raid to try and answer an argument based on everything afterwards. Are you going to try and deny that now?
All you’ve done is shown that you either didn’t bother to read Wiwi’s post at all or simply couldn’t comprehend the argument being made.

It’s not rocket science: in the current arc, Oda has gone out of his way to refrain from using lightning when Luffy is just using CoA on any single attack. It’s only in the most recent one that he bothered to do so, so it’s just possible that that’s the manner he wants to highlight CoC. It’s as simple as that.
You also just threw in a bizarre line about double standards when the only one objectively using them was you. The irony was just hilarious, I had to point it out.

Last edited:
Oda stayed consistent with the distinction between Luffy's COA and COC from the arc where he officially introduced aCoC and gave it to him, and that's the whole point of this thread.
Don’t be silly. Are you asking me to go and hunt down your comments outside of this thread? For what?

The only posts you actually made in this thread don’t address OP’s point at all.
Again, you were literally going dozens of chapters back before CoC coating was introduced to appeal to Luffy vs Katakuri as an excuse.
From what I see, you only made appeals to your own suppositions and nothing tangible…saying that it must be CoA that Luffy uses first against Kizaru with no basis (why couldn’t Luffy use CoC, hm?)

- This is besides the point, but even your peripheral logic is terrible.
Luffy doesn’t have to prove anything, he’s a Yonko whether you like or not. None of the other Yonko have defeated an Admiral, so Luffy doing so actually places him above them in estimation if anything.
Blackbeard & Shanks beat inferior forces to their own to get poneglyphs, while in Luffy’s case they’re the ones that are outnumbered. They have no need for poneglyphs either.

Not sure what you thought quoting your previous comments was supposed to it. It just proved my point. You were going back to panels in Dressrosa, WCI and before the Raid to try and answer an argument based on everything afterwards.
All you’ve done is shown that you either didn’t bother to read Wiwi’s post at all or simply couldn’t comprehend the argument being made.

It’s not rocket science: in the current arc, Oda has gone out of his way to refrain from using lightning when Luffy is just using CoA on any single attack. It’s only in the most recent one that he bothered to do so, so it’s possible that the manner he wants to highlight CoC. It’s as simple as that.
Ok.

….Um….do you not understand that that is still several chapters before Luffy learns CoC coating in 1010?

Are you really just not reading or not understanding the point here?
Oh yes, now I see it!!!

Oda decided in chapter 1010:

"Let's change armament haki representation, for Luffy only, so lightning is always aCoC and not CoA anymore, when I spent a whole arc representing his CoA as lightning whenever it clashed with somebody else's, I will still represent CoA as lightning for the Scabbards, Jinbe, Ulti vs Usopp (even after 1010) because I'm a troll lol".

He also said:

"I'm doing this for admiral bros, so when they see Luffy clash with Kizaru, they will know it's aCoC and not CoA, because I stopped representing CoA from chapter 1010 for Luffy (the moment he learned aCoC and realized he couldn't use regular CoA against Kaido anymore -> no regular CoA clashes anymore against Kaido but aCoC only -> regular CoA clashes were replaced by aCoC clashes), when I still did it for others, I will not make it clear it's aCoC, I will draw nothing that I drew for all of the other aCoC panels (skies splitting, thick lightning trail), I will purposedly confuse the fandom that is mainly teenagers but only admiral fans will know".

You are right.

I really wonder how I did not realize this sooner.

@MonsterKaido @RebelliousSoma @Durableguy @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier @Kerkovian I think I saw the light.

Last edited: