Break Week To all the people claiming Luffy used COA last chapter

Nah bro clearly Sabo has ACoC because it helps my agenda if I claim he has ACoC over something that is very clearly a showcase of Armament
Still love the Sabo Burgess haki clash here. Burgess gets a lot of hate despite how strong his haki is.

But there’s still the point of the lack of trailing from Burgess’ elbow and Sabos hand which is present in luffys kick and every other use of CoC coating.

There are clearly two sides
1) Oda is always consistent and planned how COC coating would look decades ago, and since the lightning are as thick they could be( even though they don't actually look thinner than some cases of Kaido and Luffy using COC coating to hit each other) it's just COA as there are examples of COA around that thickness (but then that would mean they are instances Luffy and Kaido using COA when they were clearly using aCoC lol)

2) Oda is inconsistent and didn't properly plan haki and the visual cues, but stayed surprisingly consistent with the depiction of his MC's haki for the last 5 years as he needed to make clear for the readers when Luffy is using X, with a basic but simple distinction that is absence of lightning in case of COA and presence of lightning in case of COC.

I'm in the second camp.
Now I myself said that Oda is inconsistent so mayyybe he truly said fuck it and decided to suddenly draw Luffy's COA with black lightning to make things more confusing for the readers again lol, I just believe it's very unlikely as he was still consistent in his depiction of Luffy's COA against the seraphims a bit earlier in the arc.

After rereading, it seems that this distinction is applying to all confirmed aCoC users in Wano. When Big Mom punched Law several times, people immediately called the PIS because they could tell it wasn't aCoC due to the absence of lightning.
Just like Luffy, Zoro did not have lightning when fighting Seraphims.
Heck, just the page before Luffy kicking Kizaru Zoro attacked Lucci with hardened sword and people can tell it's not COC either for a very simple reason.
I guess Oda may toy with the readers for unconfirmed COC users (so you got stuff like Ulti) but for the confirmed aCoC users it's not that far-fetched that he at least want to not confuse the readers about what haki they're using.

Could you say the same? Lol
Pretty sure I could, yeah.
There are clearly two sides
1) Oda is always consistent and planned how COC coating would look decades ago, and since the lightning are as thick they could be( even though they don't actually look thinner than some cases of Kaido and Luffy using COC coating to hit each other) it's just COA as there are examples of COA around that thickness (but then that would mean they are instances Luffy and Kaido using COA when they were clearly using aCoC lol)

2) Oda is inconsistent and didn't properly plan haki and the visual cues, but stayed surprisingly consistent with the depiction of his MC's haki for the last 5 years as he needed to make clear for the readers when Luffy is using X, with a basic but simple distinction that is absence of lightning in case of COA and presence of lightning in case of COC.

I'm in the second camp.
Now I myself said that Oda is inconsistent so mayyybe he truly said fuck it and decided to suddenly draw Luffy's COA with black lightning to make things more confusing for the readers again lol, I just believe it's very unlikely as he was still consistent in his depiction of Luffy's COA against the seraphims a bit earlier in the arc.

After rereading, it seems that this distinction is applying to all confirmed aCoC users in Wano. When Big Mom punched Law several times, people immediately called the PIS because they could tell it wasn't aCoC due to the absence of lightning.
Just like Luffy, Zoro did not have lightning when fighting Seraphims.
Heck, just the page before Luffy kicking Kizaru Zoro attacked Lucci with hardened sword and people can tell it's not COC either for a very simple reason.
I guess Oda may toy with the readers for unconfirmed COC users (so you got stuff like Ulti) but for the confirmed aCoC users it's not that far-fetched that he at least want to not confuse the readers about what haki they're using.
Let's just wait and see.
Still love the Sabo Burgess haki clash here. Burgess gets a lot of hate despite how strong his haki is.

But there’s still the point of the lack of trailing from Burgess’ elbow and Sabos hand which is present in luffys kick and every other use of CoC coating.
Burgess was simply against someone way out of his league there.
It's like how Kidd gets slandered for being one shot by Shanks.
He can't help that he was against a top tier.
Though Sabo isn't a top tier (YET), but you get the point.
And yeah, there's no trailing in his elbow or in Sabo's hand, but Oda's proven to be a little inconsistent with Haki lately so I wouldn't fret over it.

Let's just wait and see.

And yeah, there's no trailing in his elbow or in Sabo's hand, but Oda's proven to be a little inconsistent with Haki lately so I wouldn't fret over it.
Fair enough. And honestly, I don’t even think burgess was out of his league there until Sabo got the fruit. Pre fruit that fight was going to be a pretty hard one.

Fair enough. And honestly, I don’t even think burgess was out of his league there until Sabo got the fruit. Pre fruit that fight was going to be a pretty hard one.
Not sure about that.
The fight was a neg-low diff with it, so I feel that at most it'd be a mid diff without it.
But then again this is the guy who was trained by Dragon for years and is his strongest man, I don't know if Burgess could match up to him even if he didn't get the Mera.

Not sure about that.
The fight was a neg-low diff with it, so I feel that at most it'd be a mid diff without it.
But then again this is the guy who was trained by Dragon for years and is his strongest man, I don't know if Burgess could match up to him even if he didn't get the Mera.
Eh I feel like the way Sabo had to use bartos barriers and the shock of the people coming to normal to win the fight in the colosseum is pretty good for Burgess. All in all I think it’s be a high diff fight for Sabo

Eh I feel like the way Sabo had to use bartos barriers and the shock of the people coming to normal to win the fight in the colosseum is pretty good for Burgess. All in all I think it’s be a high diff fight for Sabo
Sabo barely used the Mera Mera no mi to fodderize Burgess and gave him the Vice Admiral treatment.
I don't know where you got that it would be a high diff wth ?

Ultimately it wouldn't matter, Sabo was still nearly unscathed at the end while Burgess was covered in bruises and marks, to the point where Sabo could have easily finished him off if he wanted and didn't care when Burgess had a knife to his head:

What do you mean? The big ending was Sabo having to use the mera meras AP and body morphing?
I need to reread the chapter to be sure but from memory, Burgess gets slapped then tries to sneak attack with a knife, Sabo wasn't cut (which shows Burgess doesn't have haki or it's an inconsistency) and then sabo sends him flying with fire.
The fight was extra quick and barely required a sweat from Sabo.

Let's just wait and see.

That’s good I guess.

Just thought it was ironic since you have nearly 10 times the number of messages I do
:shocking:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The man has set up his power system in such a way where there will always be an endless nonsensical discussion/traffic, a guessing game, for something that doesn't even end up mattering (see Kuzan apparently matching an advCoC fist with an ice glove according to most people)

goda has done it again, he always wins :finally:

C

Cruxroux

I mean I haven't seen Kaido use just CoA even Once.
Bro knows AdCoC bro will spam it , he ain't gonna look whether he's strong or not.
Same goes for shanks , Garo types.
Bigmam is a clown though

Explain why Oda has been consistently
drawing Luffy’s COA only turning the body part black as visual effect since Wano started?

Even again Kaido on the rooftop, where he was angry for what he did to the scabbards had no reason to hold back his haki output he didn’t start showing black lightning til he unlocked COC coating

it stayed consistent in Egghead against Seraphims :

What happened in Wano? Official introduction of aCOC as power and Luffy getting it.
Simple and logic take : For his MC, Oda chose to make his abilities clear to everyone when he got both.
Black limb only : COA
Black lightning : COC

It’s pointless to bring me examples from side characters as some attempt at counter point either : The protagonist who gets by the most spotlight and fights get precedence when it comes to visual representation of his powers.

For what reason Oda would suddenly break a simple pattern he was still following for Luffy ~10 chapters ago and make it confusing?
is this ACoC?

Explain why Oda has been consistently
drawing Luffy’s COA only turning the body part black as visual effect since Wano started?

Even again Kaido on the rooftop, where he was angry for what he did to the scabbards had no reason to hold back his haki output he didn’t start showing black lightning til he unlocked COC coating

it stayed consistent in Egghead against Seraphims :

What happened in Wano? Official introduction of aCOC as power and Luffy getting it.
Simple and logic take : For his MC, Oda chose to make his abilities clear to everyone when he got both.
Black limb only : COA
Black lightning : COC

It’s pointless to bring me examples from side characters as some attempt at counter point either : The protagonist who gets by the most spotlight and fights get precedence when it comes to visual representation of his powers.

For what reason Oda would suddenly break a simple pattern he was still following for Luffy ~10 chapters ago and make it confusing?
Luffy has had black lightning since dressrosa. Oda's inconsistency in showing it is just oda being inconsistent. Black lighnint doesn't mean adcoc. cause don chin had black lightning and so did doflamingo and both lost to g4 Luffy.

Black lightning is the haki equivalent of menacing kanji in JoJo. It is there to show there is a feat of haki occuring, and about the only thing one can garner is that strong haki is required to produce it.

edit (for substance): I still believe aCoC imbued attacks work similar to pyschic/stamina damage, and is why Luffy got knocked out of Gear 4 so easily by Big Mom/Kaido. I think CoC gets zenkai boosts and is why Luffy was suddenly able to endure blows that no sold him a few weeks prior. The attacks didn't do less physical damage, he was just now able to maintain his haki's strength under the oppressive aCoC effects.

Last edited: