Theory A failed Joyboy tried to overthrow the government 200 years ago

I believe that 200 years ago, a failed Joyboy tried to overthrow the world government.

At the end of this chapter, we see that the beating of Luffy's heart was somehow able to revitalize the ancient robot. If this is the case, it begs the question, what happened 200 years ago?

While Vegapunk states a version of what happened, its unclear if this is actually what transpired. As we know, the WG has an iron grip on information. If there was any info related to this event that the WG might perceive as dangerous, I think its very likely that they would have censored it.

I think that rather than this robot simply appearing out of the blue and running out of power, the robot was part of a larger rebellion against the WG led by an inheritor of the Will of D who aspired to be the next Joyboy.

If the Nika fruit could revitalize the robot, then it is possible that there exist other mythical zoans that could similarly activate the robot.

Perhaps this scene from fishman island was foreshadowing that there exist other God fruits besides Nika. I think that whomever revived the robot was a user of such a god fruit.

Robin's statment hints that this event has some connection to the fishmen rights movement. This proves that there is more to the story than Vegapunk's simplistic narrative. My guess is that the D who led this rebellion was a fishman. The WG, fearing future such rebellions, decided to slowly change their opinions regarding fishmen.

Lastly, I think its possible that this D still exists to this day, either due to his DF or the ope ope no mi.

If the burned man was some sort of failed joyboy, it would perfectly explain his actions. He keeps the final poneglyph waiting for the man who could do what he could not. Once he encounters Luffy, I believe that he could serve as a mentor, prepping Luffy for what he will experience in mariejois, maybe even drop some info about Imu and the gorosei.

Maybe Iron giant destination was same as Zunesha
Imo it's pretty clear that Kuma & Ancient Robot are heavily related, it's like their Story is same & one
But what i find interesting is that Kuma was Activated at Start of Egghead Arc even though He was very Far from Island
While Ancient Robot only got Activated now, even though He is on Egghead

It's possible that Egghead Island has nothing to do with both Robot & Kuma
Something from outside is triggering them

If both were Activated Simultaneously then We could say whatever Triggered them could be anywhere in the World & both were simply Programmed to detect it, but since Kuma was Activated a day before Ancient Robot, then this means "The Trigger" was in Paradise (Near Kuma) & now it's near Egghead, in other words, it's a "Moving Target"

A New Character is about to be Introduced imo, and seeing how Rushed Kuma is, i don't believe it's an Ally.
Also since Ancient Robot is from Void Century & yet it's Programmed to react to this Character's Presence then it's someone who was known since that time, it's not a Newly Born Character, We are talking about a "Villain known since Void Century"

I've been talking about it for Years now, but everything i analyzed leads me to One Conclusion only
"Final Villain" is coming to Egghead & He is Luffy's Storm, just like Law says "D. will bring another Storm"

And if you go check Mihawk's Introduction Chapter, it's Titled "Storm" even though Mihawk has nothing to do with such thing
It's cuz He represents Zoro's Storm or in other words, his Biggest Obstacle (Storm is just a word for your biggest Obstacle toward your Goal)
So if Law says "D. will bring another Storm", it means Luffy (Who is a D.) will bring upon him a Super Villain who will endanger Entire World

After Nika awakening chapter
They only mentioned that they failed to acquire it for 800 years.

And it hasn't awakened for centuries.
It could be mean there was someone who manage to awakened it 200 years ago , 400 years ago or even 500 years.

They were going to create movie about previous user of gomu gomu no mi.
There is no way they will show Joyboy in movie. That means there were different users of gomu gomu no mi.

Last edited:
Also,Hacchi in Fishman Island says that exactly 200 years ago the island was recognized by the World Government as an official WG island. So there is a connection between fishmen/FI and the robot. Maybe their laughters of enthusiasm that day of the recognition activated the robot.

I think it was Luffy.

Sorry. I mean, I think it was a previous incarnation of Luffy.

I think Joyboy is actually like tons of people we've seen already.. he may have even been Noland at one point.

If Luffy was Joyboy and Joyboy has been reincarnating since ancient times in the Void Century then that means Joyboy has reincarnated about 10 times already and this implies he failed 10 times before to overthrow the government and he also died.

His last incarnation was Roger.

It would bring "new" meaning (I quote new because it would only be new to you guys not to me) to the smile Luffy has all the time and which the D descendants are known for. It's a death smile. They understand they will be reborn and find their friends someday, so they are never lonely and they don't get sad.

Meaning... even if they die- they expect to get a new body and their friends will get new bodies and they will meet each other again because destiny says they will. Also they gravitate toward each other based on liking each other's personalities.

This is basically proven when Roger meets Rayleigh for the first time and he tells him that they are destined to turn the world on its head. Rayleigh had no idea who Roger was back then, but Roger knew because he had previous knowledge about himself.

I think that's probably the problem with Roger.. he grew up knowing about the Void Century and that's what made him fail to become Joyboy. Luffy started his journey without any knowledge of the void Century AND he made a point to everyone at Sabaody that if he found out stuff about the One Piece/Void Century he would stop trying to become a pirate.

That's probably because he has an innate understanding from his previous life as Roger that he can't do that or he will fail like he did the last time. That's why he tempers his curiosity.

I also suspect Luffy doesn't kill anybody (except Kaido) because Roger ruthlessly killed people to get the One Piece, and that turned out to be a mistake. So, he refuses to kill people now.

That one old guy in a filler arc who claimed Roger destroyed his ship and his crew and left him with nothing- that's why he failed. He hurt innocent people and The Heavens decided to stop favoring him.

Last edited:
C

CensoredbyWG

Perhaps this scene from fishman island was foreshadowing that there exist other God fruits besides Nika. I think that whomever revived the robot was a user of such a god fruit.
Skypeia already said that 800 chapters earlier, there are 4 god fruits:

Sun god, rain god, earth god and nature god(ryokugyo is a logia, this one is a mythical zoan).
Robin's statment hints that this event has some connection to the fishmen rights movement. This proves that there is more to the story than Vegapunk's simplistic narrative. My guess is that the D who led this rebellion was a fishman. The WG, fearing future such rebellions, decided to slowly change their opinions regarding fishmen.
My guess is that the fishman D who was joyboy friend and also the whirlpool man is davy jones, the owner of water logia waiting for the new joyboy to return and help him to lead the revolution against the WG.

I think it was Luffy.

Sorry. I mean, I think it was a previous incarnation of Luffy.

I think Joyboy is actually like tons of people we've seen already.. he may have even been Noland at one point.

If Luffy was Joyboy and Joyboy has been reincarnating since ancient times in the Void Century then that means Joyboy has reincarnated about 10 times already and this implies he failed 10 times before to overthrow the government and he also died.

His last incarnation was Roger.

It would bring "new" meaning (I quote new because it would only be new to you guys not to me) to the smile Luffy has all the time and which the D descendants are known for. It's a death smile. They understand they will be reborn and find their friends someday, so they are never lonely and they don't get sad.

Meaning... even if they die- they expect to get a new body and their friends will get new bodies and they will meet each other again because destiny says they will. Also they gravitate toward each other based on liking each other's personalities.

This is basically proven when Roger meets Rayleigh for the first time and he tells him that they are destined to turn the world on its head. Rayleigh had no idea who Roger was back then, but Roger knew because he had previous knowledge about himself.

I think that's probably the problem with Roger.. he grew up knowing about the Void Century and that's what made him fail to become Joyboy. Luffy started his journey without any knowledge of the void Century AND he made a point to everyone at Sabaody that if he found out stuff about the One Piece/Void Century he would stop trying to become a pirate.

That's probably because he has an innate understanding from his previous life as Roger that he can't do that or he will fail like he did the last time. That's why he tempers his curiosity.

I also suspect Luffy doesn't kill anybody (except Kaido) because Roger ruthlessly killed people to get the One Piece, and that turned out to be a mistake. So, he refuses to kill people now.

That one old guy in a filler arc who claimed Roger destroyed his ship and his crew and left him with nothing- that's why he failed. He hurt innocent people and The Heavens decided to stop favoring him.
I dobt think Noland was df user.

It makes sense there was previous Gomu Gomu user who used it to rebellion.

I agree Noland would be a weird reincarnation of Joyboy if he was one. He's too smart to really fit the Joyboy persona.

Roger and Luffy both were known to be careless morons who loved life. That's basically the theme of Joyboy reincarnations if they existed at all.

With that said, I think it's possible Joyboy's soul tried to change its destiny several times via the reincarnations and so personality changes aren't out of the question.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I had a similair theory on saturday, just that my one has more direction and less speculation.

I shared it on The Last Ark discord server, where we are actively theorizing. Too lazy to write my own theory on WG rn, or rather too busy.

I had a similair theory on saturday, just that my one has more direction and less speculation.

I shared it on The Last Ark discord server, where we are actively theorizing. Too lazy to write my own theory on WG rn, or rather too busy.
Giant pirates might be really interesting answer.

It is possible someone before luffy ate Gomu fruit created havoc 200 years ago.