Theory A failed Joyboy tried to overthrow the government 200 years ago

Worst

Custom title
Rather than a failed joyboy, what if the fishmen ( because they were so oppressed ) unconsciously managed to play the " drums of liberation " the robot heard them and came to rescue ?

I think it was Luffy.

Sorry. I mean, I think it was a previous incarnation of Luffy.

I think Joyboy is actually like tons of people we've seen already.. he may have even been Noland at one point.

If Luffy was Joyboy and Joyboy has been reincarnating since ancient times in the Void Century then that means Joyboy has reincarnated about 10 times already and this implies he failed 10 times before to overthrow the government and he also died.

His last incarnation was Roger.

It would bring "new" meaning (I quote new because it would only be new to you guys not to me) to the smile Luffy has all the time and which the D descendants are known for. It's a death smile. They understand they will be reborn and find their friends someday, so they are never lonely and they don't get sad.

Meaning... even if they die- they expect to get a new body and their friends will get new bodies and they will meet each other again because destiny says they will. Also they gravitate toward each other based on liking each other's personalities.

This is basically proven when Roger meets Rayleigh for the first time and he tells him that they are destined to turn the world on its head. Rayleigh had no idea who Roger was back then, but Roger knew because he had previous knowledge about himself.

I think that's probably the problem with Roger.. he grew up knowing about the Void Century and that's what made him fail to become Joyboy. Luffy started his journey without any knowledge of the void Century AND he made a point to everyone at Sabaody that if he found out stuff about the One Piece/Void Century he would stop trying to become a pirate.

That's probably because he has an innate understanding from his previous life as Roger that he can't do that or he will fail like he did the last time. That's why he tempers his curiosity.

I also suspect Luffy doesn't kill anybody (except Kaido) because Roger ruthlessly killed people to get the One Piece, and that turned out to be a mistake. So, he refuses to kill people now.

That one old guy in a filler arc who claimed Roger destroyed his ship and his crew and left him with nothing- that's why he failed. He hurt innocent people and The Heavens decided to stop favoring him.
This ^^

Joyboy has been reincarnating and failing
Noland, Roger, the person who commanded the robot 200 years ago....

But what is a failed joyboy? Because joyboy awakened for the first time in 800 years.. You mean a fake joyboy?
This may actually be inaccurate because as of now we have to deal with certain information.

The elephant 🐘 in the room is that ancient robot became operational 200 years ago and the only thing we know of that it uses as an energy source is Joyboy's Haki.

That means one of two things- either people were not being truthful when they said Joyboy hasn't appeared in 800 years OR there are other sources of energy that can power the ancient robot aside from Joyboy's Haki because SOMETHING activated the ancient robot.

It's also considered a mystery by the entire verse as to why it did what it did or where it came from. There is a very limited amount of people who would have any clue which complicates this further because it was claimed Joyboy hasn't awakened in 800 years, but there is also a mystery 200 years ago nobody seems to know the answer to which suggests Joyboy had to be there.