Speculations What is the purpose of having Ulti and Page One meet Luffy?

Why did Oda have them meet Luffy

• a warm up fight for Luffy

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • a warm up fight for Eustass and Killer

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • they will become allies

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • a warm up fight for Zoro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So this chapter ended with Page One and Ulti meeting up with Luffy. I have absolutely no idea where Oda is going with this.

The obvious assumption would be that Oda is planning on giving Luffy a warm up fight against Page One and Ulti, but I just don't see the point in doing this. Luffy is stronger than Page One and Ulti and can easily defeat them with his hands tied behind his back, I think most fans get this. By having veteran tiers constantly used as hypetools for Zoro and Sanji, it won't really mean much to see Luffy take them on and defeat them.

At most it would just waste any potential their characters had.

If Oda wanted to give Luffy a warm up match before kaido, a much better candidate would be against a calamity. Since the calamities are ancient zoans and most likely have zoan awakening, Oda could easily have them be defeated multiple times. Seeing Luffy trash king or jack would show that Luffy is now worthy of the title 5th yonko and capable of taking on kaido.

alternatively, Luffy's warm up could be big mom. Obviously Luffy won't 1v1 big mom, but oda could give them a quick clash, perhaps showcasing Luffy's ACoA, before he memes big mom out of this arc. In fact, I think it was even confirmed in an interview that Luffy would fight big mom again in wano.

But Page One and Ulti? Luffy is simply too strong for them and it would be a waste of their character for Luffy to take them on.

A much better candidate would be Eustass Kid and Killer. Since these two don't have a single W in the new world yet, this would be a great opportunity to showcase their strength and power by having them take on and defeat tobi roppo. But if this was the case, then why would Oda have Ulti and Page One run into Luffy specifically?

The only other option would be if Oda wants to somehow turn them into allies. It is Luffy's greatest strength after all. Perhaps Luffy makes quick work out of them and due to being easily defeated, Queen tries to kill them. Then Luffy would save the two, turning them into allies.

More than likely Flying 6 will be turning on the Beast Pirates. They're no different than what somebody like Capone & Jinbei, strong captains who joined up with her, were for Big Mom, except Kaido had more.

Who's Who already got something against Queen.
Sasaki is friendly with Denjiro and could potentially turn good later.
P1 & Ulti just met Luffy, so they're def. turning good later.
Black Maria is being a bit suspect, and being nice to Momo.
Drake we already know isn't even really part of Kaido's crew at all.

These guys were never part of Kaido's original crew, but just add-ons he added later on.

Last edited:
H

Haoshoku

There’s less reason for the Kid pirates to face them If Luffy molly whops them, Kid molly whops them as well, pretty self explanatory if Kid is anywhere near Luffy. Kid and Killer got bigger cats to take on.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
People really underestimate flying six.... they can give super nova outside luffy and kid a high diff fight. Sasaki and who’s who might even be able to defeat some supernova.
Just because sanji who is yc3 without rs low diff page one doesn’t mean they cannot be useful. Ulti and page one can hold luffy back and push him to high diff in a tag team fight. Luffy won’t even go all out now anyways. It’s probably to test his new Haki or they will stall killer and zoro while kid and luffy run off to low diff jack.

Some of this flying six can actually beat some supernovas. Like I would bet Page One over Apoo based on what we have seen so far. I think this could be the point where we get to see Zoro and Killer start their end of arc fights.

N

NeutralWatcher

Credit to Playa. He made a good point. I think before Luffy would fight Kaido, Luffy would fight the lowest ranks first.

First Luffy fought gifters, then multiple headliners (Apoo in the lead), number (Hatcha), then Flying Six (Ulti and Page One) and fater that might fight Calamity, Jack (King and Queen are saved for Zoro and Sanji) and after beating Jack, Luffy would fight Kaido in a team battle.

Now as for why Ulti is the one to face Luffy:

Sasaki:

I think Sasaki has been taken care out by Denjiro. Sasaki is a fishman so he would fight Jinbei or Kawamatsu (I think Jinbei is too much for Sasaki, Jinbei pushed back Big Mom, tanked Akainu. I don't think Sasaki's feat come close to that when he got captured easily by Denjiro who is around YC3~YC3.5 level).

Black Maria:

She is with Kaido and serves Kaido. Kaido seems to enjoy her company and Black Maria might be spy since she has no interest to become Calamity or she might have no confidence to become calamity since she thinks she is too weak but I don't think that's the case since Page One seems to be the weakest since Sasaki belittled him but I might be wrong on this one.

Drake:

Drake is a double agent. I think Queen wants to eliminate him when he said there is Flying Six who he wants to eliminate. Drake vs Queen is a good possibility to give insight how Sanji vs Queen would go since Sanji fought Drake. It could also hype Drake since Drake is a supernova and Apoo got his hype (by injuring Luffy and Zoro) and Kidd got his hype too by clashing with Apoo so this might be Drake's turn to get his hype.

Who's Who:

I think he is the strongest Flying Six. he led the Flying Six meeting Kaido and the one to lead the conversation about who would replace Queen if Queen dies. Based on his portrayal I think he would be the one to find Yamato. I think he would be Zoro's warm up fight too since Zoro needs a warm up fight before going against YC1. If Who's Who finds Yamato, he might fight King and this would also give insight how Zoro vs King would go since Who's Who fights Zoro and this would hype King too so Zoro's victory over King would not be underwhelming.

Ulti and Page One:

That left Ulti and Page One. I think Oda chose Ulti to be the first Flying Six to meet Luffy because Ulti might play important role in the future. The first character from each group who met main character usually would play a major role.

- The first yonko and YC1 Luffy met were Shanks and Benn Beckman and they would play a major role at EOS.
- The first shichibukai Luffy met was Mihawk and he would play a major role at EOS.

Other reason also might be to highlight Ulti and Page One relationship. So far their relationship seems like one sided with Ulti wants Page One's attention while Page One is annoyed with Ulti's persistence.

If Luffy beat Ulti, Page One would go ape shit on Luffy and this would show that Page One cares about Ulti even though Page One showed annoyance at Ulti all this time.

If Ulti and Page One met Sanji instead, Sanji would not be able to hurt Ulti since she is female and there would be no bond to be highlighted between Page One and Ulti.

Zoro might get lost as usual (my headcannon) while Kidd and Killer might fight Apoo and other Beast Pirates so they are also not good options to fight Ulti.

More than likely Flying 6 will be turning on the Beast Pirates. They're no different than what somebody like Capone & Jinbei, strong captains who joined up with her, were for Big Mom, except Kaido had more.

These guys were never part of Kaido's original crew, but just add-ons he added later on.
Lol so who the fuck are the alliance members gonna fight if Kaido’s 6 Vets are all betraying him?

Luffy is surrounded by Beast Pirates, I don’t think he can afford to have a full fledged fight with 2 Tobi Roppo in this area. Either there will be a misunderstanding which will result in them ignoring each other and getting back to their business without any conflict happening or there will be a small skirmish. Most likely a small skirmish, I think.

Lol so who the fuck are the alliance members gonna fight if Kaido’s 6 Vets are all betraying him?
His actual crew that's been with Kaido since the start??
Not really sure why anybody would think that bunch of kids he recruited recently were his main force lol.

Then there's also Big Mom and dozens of her children, for all we know there are stronger ones that Oven and etc that we didn't see. (completely possible since Snack > Oven and Daifuku but played a minimum role in WCI).

His actual crew that's been with Kaido since the start??
Not really sure why anybody would think that bunch of kids he recruited recently were his main force lol.

Then there's also Big Mom and dozens of her children, for all we know there are stronger ones that Oven and etc that we didn't see. (completely possible since Snack > Oven and Daifuku but played a minimum role in WCI).
Lol Haccha got introduced like a fodder headliner

SNs have bigger hype to em, and it makes sense em turning against Kaidou, for ambition. Bt not Flying Six, they are random character made this arc. I could see one of em being in collaboration with Drake as Marine Spy, bt that's it.
And honestly I wouldn't want em turning good either. Better to have many opponents for alliance And SHs/SNs/RS to get good fight. There ain't many notable opponents beside Calamities, Flying Six and few BMPs. Headliners are fodders.

Sasaki n Who Who being serious to catch Yamota for promotion make em Loyal to Kaidou, they wants to rise ranks. Page one n Ulti aren't as serious bt they still searching, only one that might seem to be potential ally is Black Maria for staying with Kaidou, bt again that could be simply her personality.

I feel like personality wise they can't get along so if those fodders mention Luffy's name they would probably fight , what if Luffy stalemate both in their Zoan forms (since he should neither waste energy nor get hurt) til some Strawhats get in that place, it could be the duo Brook - Franky or Nami - Carrot - Shinobu even Sanji , but My guest are Brook - Franky since we didn't see them for a while , allowing Luffy to move forward as Pageone and Ulti will be busy for a moment as little as it gets.