Chapter 236: Go South

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
The only thing that was offscreened was πŸ‘–'s body being pierced, a single instant; we saw everything else. Sukuna didn't heal anything. He's still missing a hand and has the same wounds he had right after Hollow Purple. Just like πŸ‘–'s injuries are still the same mid-healed ones they were on that panel, and his legs are standing upright.

It was only moments before the Hollow Purple thing that Sukuna got the adaptation he wanted from Maho, but still tried to play it safe and got ousmarted by πŸ‘– who managed to detonate Purple. However, πŸ‘– failed to put the pieces of Sukuna's strategy together and was probably off guard coming out of Hollow Purple after seeing Sukuna's state. Sukuna went for the kill with his first "adapted" slash that he barely had gotten a hold of moments earlier when his gambit paid off.

There is no offscreen. πŸ‘– died the same instant last chapter ended: a slash simply went through his infinity. That's why the first thing we saw was him in "heaven", because it was as abrupt and instantenous for him as it was for us.

Both characters came out looking great from the fight.
- πŸ‘– got more than ten chapters of showing off his full potential and everything he can offer in every aspect, and got Sukuna to praise his strength and claim he will remember his name forever. And let's remember he did make Sukuna feel nervous after the black flashes. Even if he ultimately knows he had no way of winning, he is still the only character so far who's not low diff material for Sukuna, actually got him to strategize and even injured him quite heavily. Not to mention he kept doing "impossible" things and Sukuna actually learnt a trick from him.
- Sukuna outplayed him and killed him, and got confirmed as being the stronger (after all, he was always portrayed as the strongest in history. A history that included πŸ‘–'s ancestors with his same skill sets). All this, "ultimately he still needed Maho to win" is what we get from people skimming over the fight, specially over the starting parts, during which πŸ‘– was surprised Sukuna was banking so much on Maho instead of going with much more secure/efficient strategies. He could bypass infinity just through domain expansion and domain amplification, and we know he's still hiding stuff we don't know about. Had he not had Ten Shadows, he would have simply gone with a different strategy.

Good chapter, good death, very much in tune with the tone of the series.
Exactly the same opinion πŸ‘Œ

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
5/5 outcome for any wild Sukunabro!

Like seriously this is literally the perfect ending, the opponent got literally dismembered & he admitted his inferiority while drawing his last breath

but 1/5 for the execution...cmon we getting a flashback of what happened for sure cuz this is nonsense....
Nah that was a beautiful chapter. Real time showing what happened, can't replicate the impact this has.

One of the worst chapters in shonen jump history
I fear jjk ending will be much worse then Aot ending
If you want a normal Shonen you can read Black Clover. From the moment that Gege killed that guy Yuji was trying to befriend it was pretty clear to me that it wouldn't be a normal Shonen

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
This is just utter defeat for Gojo fans. This is just brutal lmao. Seeing your idol lose is 1 thing. Seeing your idol split apart like that is another. Seeing your idol admit that he would never win under any circumstances? Leaving no room for excuses or any consolation prize. Damn son.....just...damn. Gege is truly built different.

RIP.

This is just utter defeat for πŸ‘– fans. This is just brutal lmao. Seeing your idol lose is 1 thing. Seeing your idol split apart like that is another. Seeing your idol admit that he would never win under any circumstances? Leaving no room for excuses or any consolation prize. Damn son.....just...damn. Gege is truly built different.

RIP.
+ Gojo didn't fought 20 fingers Sukuna but 19

I hope Nobara has the last of them and saves the day when everything is dire

Regarding the whole adaptation thing, I don't agree this was a metaphysical attack that "by aiming at space instead of Gojo it somehow ignored that space was protected by infinity just like Gojo is": I know it's a popular explanation but it makes no sense to me, and that would be the only thing that could spoil (not ruin) this fight to me after it focused so heavily on planning and technique.

The attack from Maho right after his second adaptation, the attack that showed Sukuna the way to bypass infinity, struck Gojo and went through the building behind him: it wasn't specifically aimed at the space Gojo resides or anything like that, but went well beyond him while, by Sukuna's own words, not being a flying slash, unlike all attacks by Sukuna until now. So if it's not a flying slash but just a slash aimed at the space Gojo "was existing in" inside Infinity, why didn't it just struck Gojo and instead went beyond him and infinity in a straight line?

I'll go back to my original interpretation earlier this week: to me, this still makes more sense as a Lille (Bleach) style application of dismantle, that by instantly hitting everything in a straight line, like a sure hit effect to everything in front of him, it literally cut "everything", which includes an infinity space and what resides beyond it. Kind of like Lux ultimate in LoL: it looks like a projectile, but it's a vector that appears all at once from A to B instead of actually traversing from A to B. As long as Gojo is within A and B, within that space, slash.

So I'm sticking to that for now unless future chapters or the official translation tell me othwerise. Just letting it out there.

Tf, this chapter is worst than what I’ve anticipated from the spoilers.
First thing Gojo gets off panelled.
Secondly Dude feels sorry for his opponent who by no measure is Narutoverse bad guy who just wanted peace.
Thirdly Gojo acting like all is sorted even though he just left everything on the hands of his students.

the only saving grace is Kashimo wasting no time to jump Sukuna.
Post automatically merged:

We have Sukuna among us, turning Gojo into …:josad:
Too soon guys too freaking soon..:josad:

Tf, this chapter is worst than what I’ve anticipated from the spoilers.
First thing πŸ‘– gets off panelled.
Secondly Dude feels sorry for his opponent who by no measure is Narutoverse bad guy who just wanted peace.
Thirdly πŸ‘– acting like all is sorted even though he just left everything on the hands of his students.

the only saving grace is Kashimo wasting no time to jump Sukuna.

We have Sukuna among us, turning πŸ‘– into …:josad:
Too soon guys too freaking soon..:josad:
1. From last chapter to torsoless Gojo took no time.

2. He feels bad for him because he knows what's to be on top and not having opponents on your level. Gojo could had been like Sukuna if he didn't met Geto et al.

3. He said he has no regrets to oppose what Panda's father told Yuji at the beginning about Sorcerers always dying with regrets .

The only thing that was offscreened was πŸ‘–'s body being pierced, a single instant; we saw everything else. Sukuna didn't heal anything. He's still missing a hand and has the same wounds he had right after Hollow Purple. Just like πŸ‘–'s injuries are still the same mid-healed ones they were on that panel, and his legs are standing upright.

It was only moments before the Hollow Purple thing that Sukuna got the adaptation he wanted from Maho, but still tried to play it safe and got ousmarted by πŸ‘– who managed to detonate Purple. However, πŸ‘– failed to put the pieces of Sukuna's strategy together and was probably off guard coming out of Hollow Purple after seeing Sukuna's state. Sukuna went for the kill with his first "adapted" slash that he barely had gotten a hold of moments earlier when his gambit paid off.

There is no offscreen. πŸ‘– died the same instant last chapter ended: a slash simply went through his infinity. That's why the first thing we saw was him in "heaven", because it was as abrupt and instantenous for him as it was for us.

Both characters came out looking great from the fight.
- πŸ‘– got more than ten chapters of showing off his full potential and everything he can offer in every aspect, and got Sukuna to praise his strength and claim he will remember his name forever. And let's remember he did make Sukuna feel nervous after the black flashes. Even if he ultimately knows he had no way of winning, he is still the only character so far who's not low diff material for Sukuna, actually got him to strategize and even injured him quite heavily. Not to mention he kept doing "impossible" things and Sukuna actually learnt a trick from him.
- Sukuna outplayed him and killed him, and got confirmed as being the stronger (after all, he was always portrayed as the strongest in history. A history that included πŸ‘–'s ancestors with his same skill sets). All this, "ultimately he still needed Maho to win" is what we get from people skimming over the fight, specially over the starting parts, during which πŸ‘– was surprised Sukuna was banking so much on Maho instead of going with much more secure/efficient strategies. He could bypass infinity just through domain expansion and domain amplification, and we know he's still hiding stuff we don't know about. Had he not had Ten Shadows, he would have simply gone with a different strategy.

Good chapter, good death, very much in tune with the tone of the series.

Perfectly said and I agree wholeheartedly.

Gojo still could've won if Sukuna didn't have 10 Shadows, but Sukuna obviously had a very high chance (which is what I was saying the whole time when people were insisting that it was conclusive, when there was literally no evidence for that lol)

Lmao,πŸ‘–is happy that sukuna win. He doesn't care about the rest of the world or even his student

You misinterpreted his character

Regarding the whole adaptation thing, I don't agree this was a metaphysical attack that "by aiming at space instead of πŸ‘– it somehow ignored that space was protected by infinity just like πŸ‘– is": I know it's a popular explanation but it makes no sense to me, and that would be the only thing that could spoil (not ruin) this fight to me after it focused so heavily on planning and technique.

The attack from Maho right after his second adaptation, the attack that showed Sukuna the way to bypass infinity, struck πŸ‘– and went through the building behind him: it wasn't specifically aimed at the space πŸ‘– resides or anything like that, but went well beyond him while, by Sukuna's own words, not being a flying slash, unlike all attacks by Sukuna until now. So if it's not a flying slash but just a slash aimed at the space πŸ‘– "was existing in" inside Infinity, why didn't it just struck πŸ‘– and instead went beyond him and infinity in a straight line?

I'll go back to my original interpretation earlier this week: to me, this still makes more sense as a Lille (Bleach) style application of dismantle, that by instantly hitting everything in a straight line, like a sure hit effect to everything in front of him, it literally cut "everything", which includes an infinity space and what resides beyond it. Kind of like Lux ultimate in LoL: it looks like a projectile, but it's a vector that appears all at once from A to B instead of actually traversing from A to B. As long as πŸ‘– is within A and B, within that space, slash.

So I'm sticking to that for now unless future chapters or the official translation tell me othwerise. Just letting it out there.

Yeah, at first I thought Mahoraga's attack was a traveling one, but it makes sense if that was just the end of it's "range"

Also, the other alternative I thought of, was that, what we saw, wasnt the fully fledged 2nd adaptation, given the wheel had only turned once. And that it told Sukuna all he needed to know to fill in the blanks himself