Speculations Luffy gets Kitetsu

What if luffy ends up getting shodai kitetsu?
  1. Zoro has sandai and uses 3 swords
    • wss and shimotsuki
  2. Momonosuke will likely get nidai and use 2 swords
    • Shogun, kozuki, and possibly moon god
  3. Maybe luffy gets shodai and uses 1 sword
    • Pirate king, d., sun god/nika, and joyboy

Joyboy/nika has a sword along with roger and shanks. On top of that luffy is the only emperor without a weapon and luffy just likes swords.
Him getting a blade from wano and weapon from elbaf would be really cool imo. Both being warrior counties luffy has tons of love for and both likely famous for their blacksmith

Swordsmanship.... isn't Luffy's style.

Look at how serious Luffy is in the fanart thing I posted. Do you EVER think Luffy will look serious like that with a sword? I don't.
- I think it has something to do with his concentration. Luffy can't be a serious swordsman because he's.... mostly not serious. That non-seriousness is what allows him to benefit from his unique fighting style which is dependent on his un-serious attitude.

You donโ€™t need to be a serious person to use a sword lol. Brook exist
Luffy has future sight
and when Brook fought the version of Ryuma that used his Shadow he got his ass kicked because he wasn't serious like Zoro or Ryuma

He noted that they were on a different level than him

Franky and all the other "non-swordsmen" you pointed to are all unserious too and they aren't that good at it

It would look cool, and Iโ€™ve always wanted to see him use one, but it means nothing if he doesnโ€™t know how to use it properly.

He just threw it around with his punches during Wano. Not very exciting. :usoprice:

You donโ€™t need to be a serious person to use a sword lol. Brook exist
Luffy has future sight
Brook actually has experience in using a sword though. :brootea:

and when Brook fought the version of Ryuma that used his Shadow he got his ass kicked because he wasn't serious like Zoro or Ryuma

He noted that they were on a different level than him

Franky and all the other "non-swordsmen" you pointed to are all unserious too and they aren't that good at it
Point is you donโ€™t need to be a serious character to use a sword
King isnโ€™t a swordsman and heโ€™s serious
It would look cool, and Iโ€™ve always wanted to see him use one, but it means nothing if he doesnโ€™t know how to use it properly.

He just threw it around with his punches during Wano. Not very exciting. :usoprice:

Brook actually has experience in using a sword though. :brootea:
I donโ€™t think heโ€™ll be all that good at it but maybe be able to use 1/2 cool attacks

Yeah brook is an actual swordsman. Only mentioned him to prove you donโ€™t need to be serious to use a sword

I donโ€™t think heโ€™ll be all that good at it but maybe be able to use 1/2 cool attacks

Yeah brook is an actual swordsman. Only mentioned him to prove you donโ€™t need to be serious to use a sword
We don't have anything to discuss. What you call a serious swordsman and what I call a serious swordsman are two different things.

Sorry for disrupting your thread. That was not my intention.

Yes. I will concede that *anybody* can use a bladed weapon.

I may have even argued the point you're trying to make, myself. Though, I tend to stay away from things that do not have recent evidence to support it. If there was recent evidence, it would be at Wano when he.... threw the blade. At that time, I was half-expecting him to actually do something with it, yet he did nothing much to my dismay.

Last edited:

Keep in mind Luffy got the shadow of a swordsman in order to pull that off. Heโ€™d probably need a lot of practice to get to that level.

Thatโ€™s another reason why I donโ€™t see him ever using a sword seriously. Not even ToS. :catsweat: