Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1095 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this whole fucking conversation has been completely disingenuous to Kizaru entirely. Hes not even KOed, just reeling from the shock of that hit. You have instances where Akainu and Kuzan were "out of commission" from Whitebeard and Garp, yet both recovered and got up to continue fighting just fine.

You have Blackbeard and his entire group getting situationally dogged by Magellan, then Whitebeard and nobody bats an eye when he needed his crew to save him.

For some reason nobody wants to talk about how the scabbards and Luffy both made Kaido white eyed "faint".

In every case each of these people got back up or triumphed in their own ways, so why do we treat this particular fight any different? One that is clearly not even painted like other battles with no:

- Double spread ending (if Kizaru was the "Blueno or Cracker" of the arc, then why doesnt he have a proper finisher like every other villain in this series?)
- No direct KO reaction from Kizaru (He is still talking and Oda doesnt show his face)
- Actual dialogue that confirms he will be up again shortly.

Just sounds entirely hypocritical to judge this fight based on a very clear pause in the when literally every other fight ever has a climactic (read doublespread) ending with character reactions and knockouts.
can't get up = K.O.

11th anniversary Newly drawn colored paper from Odacchi has arrived! On display at our Shibuya main store from today! If you want to see the real thing, please come visit us! In addition, from 11.11 (Sat), shoppers using colored paper illustrations will be available. We are running a campaign where you can get one ticket per transaction Look forward to it!

google translate

It's a draw in the sense that they're both out of the fight but that requires you to ignore how they got put in that state to begin with, Luffy's down through his own drawback, Kizaru is down through Luffy caving in his skull, doesn't seem very equal to me.
I get your point and we can agree to disagree, IMO, despite the context leading up to it the end result is they’re both unable to carry on at the same time = draw. Just my opinion

It's just Kizaru really.

With Luffy, you can at least say he went down to time limit.

Kizaru was down in one clean hit, SMH
Gear 4 and 5 don't have direct time limits, they're based on Haki usage. When Luffy is exhausted at the end of them, it's because he's recovering Haki.

Luffy has to expand all of his current Haki in order to land a solid punch on Kizaru. It did do a lot of damage, but not enough to actually knock Kizaru out, while Luffy is unconscious.

Obviously it's below Bajrang Gun, but White Star Gun is really fucking strong if it does this much damage. But, it definitely seems like an attack Luffy can't spam. Luffy wasn't in Gear 5 that long (but he was in Gear 4 right before Gear 5, so he would still have Haki drain), and didn't take much damage since Kizaru was focused on Vegapunk, and White Star Gun was the most powerful attack he used by far.

Star Gun kind of feels like Gear 5 Red Roc.

If he was Cracker 2.0, then he, like every other villain, would get a proper finisher.

Here are instances of Luffy dog walking "weak" villains, can you spot what is different between them and the scene with Kizaru?

Know what it is? A proper ending:

If fodder and "warmups" can get impactful doublespread finishers with direct reactions, then Kizaru, an Admiral, more than deserves something virtually every villain gets when they lose.

And yet you have him talking the very next chapter.
Tbf it can be argue that Kizaru just received the same treatment that Luffy give to Page One because Kizaru is not an important fight for Luffy in this arc.

The issue with this chapter is that Oda destroyed Kizaru threatening presence while increase Saturn’s. Therefore it seems logical to think that Saturn is the obstacle to overcome rather than Kizaru.

The story dramatically lacks tension and Kizaru does not seems to be the man who will give it back.

Now Oda can prove me wrong next chapter but with how Oda treated Blackbeard and Big Mom, it’s is hard to imagine.

I get the impression so far that Kizaru secretly wants the likes Vegapunk and Sentomaru to escape and isn't trying his hardest to actually follow orders. Saturn's comments about Kizaru being "unusually slow" and his seemingly coy response of "I understand the reason why" are giving me that impression.

Edit: Damn internet lag. Lol.

Last edited:
It is ridiculous the way Oda is trying to hype Saturn and Gorosei.

He says like Kizaru should already have dealed with the situation like he wasn't basically alone against a Yonko crew and more specifically the one who beated Kaido and even more specifically the one with the DF that they were shitting their pants if it awakens.

Tbf it can be argue that Kizaru just received the same treatment that Luffy give to Page One because Kizaru is not an important fight for Luffy in this arc.

The issue with this chapter is that Oda destroyed Kizaru threatening presence while increase Saturn’s. Therefore it seems logical to think that Saturn is the obstacle to overcome rather than Kizaru.

The story dramatically lacks tension and Kizaru does not seems to be the man who will give it back.

Now Oda can prove me wrong next chapter but with how Oda treated Blackbeard and Big Mom, it’s is hard to imagine.
No you cant "argue" this because Page 1 didnt get 4+ chapters of Luffy'a attention and a named VS. Chapter lmao

It's a draw in the sense that they're both out of the fight but that requires you to ignore how they got put in that state to begin with, Luffy's down through his own drawback, Kizaru is down through Luffy caving in his skull, doesn't seem very equal to me.
That requires you ti ingore that Luffy got out of G5 because he could not end the fight before.

But oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.