Spoiler One Piece Chapter 983 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Luffy’s Right Hand Man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fallen Prince

I feel as if Oda has given the Alliance too many strong allies , Marco Yamato Denjiro The Minks and Ashura Doji , not to mention that X Drake is gonna Betray Kaido while Hawkins may join the Alliance , Even Apoo might Switch sides much to the disgust of Kidd.

Then you have the Big Mom Pirates getting cucked with Pero behaving irrationally and refusing the alliance with The Beast Pirates and even talking about Fighting King, a fight that will only lead to him getting Mauled while King gets weakened

Then you have The Queen and Who's Who feud where the two want to slit each others throats in the Middle of a war

At this point it feels like the whole war is gonna be a walk in the park for the Alliance outside of the Yonkos themselves
Thats where you are in false trap this war is far from over.

The plan was the surprise attack on beast pirates now it will be about rescuing momonusuke.

Its called false lure that alliance are in command lot of factors will kick in .

Orochi should have spent some part of those 20 years training his fucking Mythical Zoan form for actual combat with the crew of POWERFUL ZOAN USERS LIVING NEXT DOOR TO HIS COUNTRY.

But nah he decided to party for 20 years, he doesn't get to cry when trouble comes knocking lol

You guys are delirious. You are acting like as if there aren't OBJECTIVELY badly written aspects about oden. Like just on the fundamental way a good character is written, Oden fails at.

I can even point one out. A very very simple one. Oden has no character arc. That's Just ONE thing that's as basic as it gets. And you can't even say he doesn't need one. No. The story actually calls him "the protagonist". This has never happened for any other flashback character ever in the series. For example Corazon is a flashback character and Law is the one who is tbe protagonist of the flashback YET Corazon AND LAW have character arcs but ODEN DOES NOT.

That's the literal minimum you cab do to make a good character and Oden doesn't have it.

So you can claim "love and hate" all you want but this guy is objectively badly written. You just don't care about that and that's all
I feel like that depends. You can write a static character and it can be well written.
In Oden case I actually did see a character arc In which he did experience growth and only seems to be a static character. He was a man who was always a good man but had a bad reputation because he did things rashly and for the most part by himself. He did good things but circumstances always made him seem like he was doing bad things. Like Saving the capital from the Giant Hog but taking blame for its presence. The perception of him became reality, this is why he seems to stay static, whether or not he received the the proper credit for his good deeds. Same thing with him dancing he was willing to accept the burden of the nation on his own shoulders so that bystanders and innocents wouldn’t get hurt but his reputation would still take a major hit which was fine for him it’s consistent with most of his life.

Now where he did change is that after the 5 years he realized he couldn’t carry the burden all alone. He needed his 9 red scabbards to help him do so. Kaido even points out to him saying that if he had acted the way he normally acts or the way he was expected to that it would’ve been more difficult to deal with him before amassing more forces. The change seemed to have come from his time with WB and Roger as well during the dancing period. The fact that he didn’t storm the capital again to take on Kaido and Orochi himself is growth to me as he’s ALWAYS rushed out head strong to deal with any problems by himself. Then upon his death he asked for the scabbards to open up Wano in his stead again asking for the help of others when he never did so previous. (I also think he spent time during the 5 years to train his Ryou with Hyogoro but that’s just my personal oden Theory)

That to me is a character arc hidden within a character trait. Oda decided not to have this outright explained to us which is probably another nod to Odens character because, perception is reality lol but it is still a character arc for him.

(I have several more examples of him acting alone throughout his backstory but didn’t feel like writing them all down)

But that’s my interpretation lol not saying it’s all great writing but I wouldn’t consider it bad writing.

F

Fallen Prince

However seeing how yamato was chained it seems he was jailed with all the bruise kn his body and vlothes seems rugged.

Seems to me he escsped the prison it makes sense he does it a lot of time .

I hope to see story about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.