Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
if a character is not in the story, it doesn't stop you from liking/disliking them:myman:

Like, when is the last time we've seen Law? I still like his character and will be glad to see him on panel!
I just wonder, because, if I look at the activeness of the threads druring break week here on worstgen, I usually see in most threads the frequency of postings deminishing. I just took this observation and transferred it to the Yamato-thread, since she is currently not in the plot anymore. This is why I'm wondering, what everyone there is talking about. You certainly have to frequently come up with new things to talk about, without Oda feeding you.

I assume, if you are all still active there, it must be some kind of solidarity amongst the active members, who maybe have more in common than Yamato and just like to spend their time there. Am I right?

I just wonder, because, if I look at the activeness of the threads druring break week here on worstgen, I usually see in most threads the frequency of postings deminishing. I just took this observation and transferred it to the Yamato-thread, since she is currently not in the plot anymore. This is why I'm wondering, what everyone there is talking about. You certainly have to frequently come up with new things to talk about, without Oda feeding you.

I assume, if you are all still active there, it must be some kind of solidarity amongst the active members, who maybe have more in common than Yamato and just like to spend their time there. Am I right?
tbh, we just kinda grew closer to each other over the time and this club feels like a good place to hang out, even to discuss current chapter events, because the chapter threads are too active to keep track of everything going on there.
most people from the chat actually moved on from being Yamato stans (c'mon, we're not stupid), but we still talk about her from time to time as well.

tbh, we just kinda grew closer to each other over the time and this club feels like a good place to hang out, even to discuss current chapter events, because the chapter threads are too active to keep track of everything going on there.
most people from the chat actually moved on from being Yamato stans (c'mon, we're not stupid), but we still talk about her from time to time as well.
With the normal chapter thread it feels very noisy and you also have those certain users, who are verbally trampling around the thread, without taking care what they are saying and how. This makes me somehow averse in commenting there, because it feels like I am standing right there on a busy `Autobahn´ or `highway´.

I do can understand you. :optimistic:

With the normal chapter thread it feels very noisy and you also have those certain users, who are verbally trampling around the thread, without taking care what they are saying and how. This makes me somehow averse in commenting there, because it feels like I am standing right there on a busy `Autobahn´ or `highway´.

I do can understand you. :optimistic:
ahahahhahaha, the comparison between the chapter thread and an autobahn is spot on!

it's a lot easier to discuss the chapter with a handful of people.

back to the nakama topic, if I could chose one for nakama, I would want a strong tomboy female character (one of the reasons I stanned Yamato so hard), OR a logia (out of existing logias, Smoker actually looks interesting to me) or someone strong with great chemistry with SHP and introduced prior to the time skip, so Law would be a great candidate.

But at this point, the further we go, the more I succumb to the possibility that Sunny is 10th nakama and there's no place for more :josad:

ahahahhahaha, the comparison between the chapter thread and an autobahn is spot on!

it's a lot easier to discuss the chapter with a handful of people.

back to the nakama topic, if I could chose one for nakama, I would want a strong tomboy female character (one of the reasons I stanned Yamato so hard), OR a logia (out of existing logias, Smoker actually looks interesting to me) or someone strong with great chemistry with SHP and introduced prior to the time skip, so Law would be a great candidate.

But at this point, the further we go, the more I succumb to the possibility that Sunny is 10th nakama and there's no place for more :josad:
I do like the tomboy aspect of Yamato, too. It is refreshing to see that Oda can insert females into his story, who are strong. Finally! Took him long enough. :kriwhat: I say that because I do not like how in many mangas, you have often those weak and tender hearted female characters, who are just there to be pretty and need saving. It certainly feeds a picture of the female gender, not many women assumedly would identify with.

I do like the tomboy aspect of Yamato, too. It is refreshing to see that Oda can insert females into his story, who are strong. Finally! Took him long enough. :kriwhat: I say that because I do not like how in many mangas, you have often those weak and tender hearted female characters, who are just there to be pretty and need saving. It certainly feeds a picture of the female gender, not many women assumedly would identify with.
yeah, Japan is quite a patriarchy irl, but there are a lot of stories with cool female characters! I liked how in the Promised Neverland Emma, the protagonist, was basically your typical shounen MC, yet she was a girl, or there are quite scary ladies like Revy and Balalaika from Black Lagoon, Fairy Tail even has a dedicated chapter on that (when an antagonist does a body swap for one of the protagonists, and is expecting a weak girl to appear but gets wrecked instead), so I'd say there's still hope for ladies in the mangaverse!
In OP it's a rare sight though,

Bonney for nakama might be real
I am very curious to see how the rest of Kuma's flashback will play out. I think there's a good chance that we will have a better idea of Bonney's chances of officially joining the nakama once the flashback gets to her past with her father and whatever happens at Egghead once Kuma finally arrives there in the present.