Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
How would you judge someone as a master story analyst? You claim to be so good at it. What are your credentials?
None. And I don't intend to give any.

That's why it will be hard for me to be legitimate.

You can either make fun of me or you can actually take a step back and listen to me. Its only a matter of perspective.

The way you will see me will transfert in the way you will see my arguments.

None. And I don't intend to give any.

That's why it will be hard for me to be legitimate.

You can either make fun of me or you can actually take a step back and listen to me. Its only a matter of perspective.

The way you will see me will transfert in the way you will see my arguments.
If I wanted to make fun of you I would have continued to troll or meme. That is not what I doing. I don’t necessarily mean degrees or written stories, in credentials. Have you ever analyzed a story and predicted the outcome before? Doesn’t have to be one piece.
Post automatically merged:

Why is this thread so active
Because Yamato will make a comeback and join. Soon!

With soon I mean Oda time. So in 3-4 years.

If I wanted to make fun of you I would have continued to troll or meme. That is not what I doing. I don’t necessarily mean degrees or written stories, in credentials. Have you ever analyzed a story and predicted the outcome before? Doesn’t have to be one piece.
Of course, I've been doing that since 2005, mainly with movies.

I don't know why you guys still think Yamato will join unless it's just for the sake of arguing with Logiko.
I mean, isn't that obvious? She can only be the Grand Fleet at best? She was designed for that.
Her devil fruit is literally the guardian of wano like Pell and Chakka, that alone shows where her loyalties lie, right?
Not to mention her height and name is a hard reference for the battleship Yamato, She will definitely will be the one who will open Wano's borders and bring Pluto to where Luffy is. Or if that doesn't happen, one thing I'm sure there will be a scene where She boards the pluton deck, guaranteed.

And few argument against her i rarely seen here

1. She’s a walking talking spoiler, she read oden journal religiously and that alone make robin role obsolete, and she quite loud too, i can see her telling the crew what would the place their visited next would be, maybe useful for strategy but i dont think luffy like to hear that.

2. She’s a running gag killer :
a. We know oda like to potray boys and girls have different interest, with her around the jokes would be dead.
b. With her around the pervert jokes is dead, With Nami and Robin around, Sanji and Brook only get beating and maybe accidental slip or once in thousand chapter when they’re in a good mood they let the boys take a peek and charge them later on. with Yamato on board i can see her let brook show her panties or training topless with zoro or feel weird why sanji want to see and touch man chest but let him anyway. maybe the boys will get beaten up by nami and she slowly teach yamato how to act like a woman but, i dont think Oda would put a joke like that or send that kinda message ( i dont mind tho :p )
c. Her oden persona joke, its boring and borderline mental illness, how many chapter it take for robin to break her cold and calm persona and agree to join ussop stupid idea? imagine how long we supposed to hear this “im kozuki oden” until she stop naturally…

3. let be real, there no way momo will get stronger anytime soon, let alone tama…,so if toki not pull something out of her ass like awaken her fruit somehow and the power is to make someone experience time faster then everybody and make momo train for atleast 2 year, i dont think it would happen. and there no way yamato can catch up with luffy nor luffy gonna come back for wano anyway except kuma have a new job as delivery man for plot sake and start sending people all over the place .( imagine wano act4 :whitepress:)

4. Design wise Yamato is DoA, she’s white in general and wavy too, human and beast form and it clash with Luffy, her ice element clash with brook, her fighting style is basically kaido lite, her weapon is not unique weapon and very common, even alvida use oni club, and her clothing and her name is also very tied to japan, the moment she change her cloth she lose her half of identity.

5. Oda is very rigid in case of how man and woman fight, Most of woman fight long or mid range, even the one who fight close range like boa for example is equiped with long range attack, or if they must its ended up with single blow. Its the man job for slug fest or trade blow for blow until they bleed or broke heavily, with yamato fight style and her last contribution in wano i dont think oda would let her do what zoro and sanji and maybe jimbei do later on.

and i dont even need to touch her story. the only saving grace for her is she is a tomboy and it make good trio for brawn:yamato brain:robin and beauty:nami who lost her tomboyish trait the more story progress.

tldr; yamato wont join :p ( yeah im esl, deal with while i learn more about grammar )
Oh God, now there's two of them:whitepress:

Of course, I've been doing that since 2005, mainly with movies.
Good! Ive been doing it with movies, shows and books. With movies I‘m at a point that they get boring as I can predict what will happen. Same with a lot of anime a shows as well. As they all follow similar patterns. Marvel movies got boring for during the second phase as their formula got more structured but at the same time way more predictable.

Unlike you I do not follow rules or pillars to predict, neither do I have the time to study or learn the names of concepts. I do it for fun. What I know and I can tell you is the following. There hints in story telling and there subversions(hints that are there to lead you the wrong way). I can tell you that Yamato’s statement wanting to join the Strawhats is a real hint and not subversion.

@Logiko rank the chances of these characters using your pillars:

Vivi
Bonney
Stussy
Lucci
Lilith
Smoker
Let's see for Stussy:

Stussy don't pass the 5th golden rule, but we will assume thatshe does.

Now let's see how she does in the 10 pillars.

- Fighting skill, yes. 1 point.
- Antagonistic introduction, check. 2 Points
- Multilayered characterization. Actually check. 3 points
- Symbolic reach. Only halfway of the 4 points. So .. 2 Points
- Strong character arc. None. 0 Point
- Hint of the 2 driving forces. Nothing. 0 Point
- The rescue. Nothing as of right now. 0 Point
- The Nakama need. Right now she is fighting for Vegapunk and not for Luffy. 0 point
- Post. She COULD be a scientist. But it was not shadow or foreshadowed. So only half the point +0.5. 5 points.
- Shining Nakama action. Nothing. 0 points.

Stussy wins 13 points but it can change drastically in the following chapters of Egghead.

Let's see for Bonney:

Bonney actually checks easily the 5 golden rules.

As for the 10 Pillars:

- Fighting skill, Check. 1 point.
- Antagonistic introduction, Check. 2 Points
- Multilayered characterization. Check. 3 points
- Symbolic reach. 3 out of 4 points. So .. 3 Points
- Strong character arc. Yup. 5 Points
- Hint of the 2 driving forces. Yup. 6 Points
- The rescue. There was no real rescue but there is hint of it so half the points + 0.5. 4 Points
- The Nakama need. Right now she is fighting for her dad and not for Luffy. 0 point
- Post. Nothing was shadowed. 0 points.

Bonney wins 24 Points

Let's see for Smoker:

Smoker doesn't pass the 5 Golden Rules but let's assume he does.

As for the pillars:

- Multilayered characterization. Smoker is far from being very diverse in term of emotion. Only 2 points
- Symbolic reach. Nothing, at least not in my knowledge. 0
- Strong character arc. None. 0 Points
- Hint of the 2 driving forces. It's unclear but lets say that he does. 6 Points
- The rescue. None. 4 Points
- The Nakama need. None . 0 point
- Post. Nothing. 0 points.

Smoker wins 15 Points

Let's see for Lucci

Lucci definitely doesn't pass the 5 golden rules

As for the pillars

- Antagonistic introduction, Somewhat Check as his real introduction is his second one. 2 Points
- Multilayered characterization. None. 0 points
- Symbolic reach. Only half. 2 Points
- Hint of the 2 driving forces. None. 0 Points
- The rescue. None. 0 Points
- Post. Nothing. 0 points.

Lucci wins 5 points

Let's see for Lilith

Lilith pass the 5 golden rules at the condition that Vegapunk is the "guide of the will"

As for the pillars:

- Fighting skill, None. 0 point.
- Multilayered characterization. In a way rapidely yes. 3 points
- Symbolic reach. Half. 2 Points
- Hint of the 2 driving forces. None. 0 Points
- The rescue. None. 0 Points
- Post. Nothing. Possibly scientist. So half + 0.5 5 points.

Lilith wins 12 points

lol is Logiko carrot4nakama? Did they change their name as to hide their failures? Like the time they "got sick" right about the time Wano was about to end, only to come back when Carrot was not 1000% percent deconfirmed? Don't belive that fraud lol
Well, I went through a bad depression and had a lot of things happening in my personnal life, so sick.. yes, in a way.

I can tell you that Yamato’s statement wanting to join the Strawhats is a real hint and not subversion.
And I tell you its not, sorry.

Last edited: