Controversial Is Roger A Fraud ?

It was implied by kaido that roger had the strongest haki, so from that alone we can ascertain that he was not a fraud. So:
1) supreme tier haki,
2) 12 graded sword,
3) enough strength which turned him into the man "who had acquired everything in this world".
Now if he was malenovent or benevolent, its not sth we should care of. He was a pirate, not a hero.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yea the person who single handedly held saved Wano and Held Sword God title. Is weaker than Roger. Ok
:hapnoel::hapnoel:
Pirate king with straw hats in a Pirate King story with straw hats :kayneshrug:

sorry for your pal
Ah yes, relevance scaling. But of course it magically doesn't apply when scaling the MC's first mate, right.
It applies
Zoro end goal = mad strong and Zoro legend goal = mad strong +

But that doesn’t mean they have to be greater than Luffy (the MC) goal and legend goal.

Joyboy cannot be weaker than Ryuma.
He is far too important.

This can be argued for Roger too.

I can imagine a scenario where Ryuma will end up stronger from Oda. But it’s less likely for me than Roger still coming on top (PK, straw hat etc etc)

It applies
Zoro end goal = mad strong and Zoro legend goal = mad strong +

But that doesn’t mean they have to be greater than Luffy (the MC) goal and legend goal.

Joyboy cannot be weaker than Ryuma.
He is far too important.

This can be argued for Roger too.

I can imagine a scenario where Ryuma will end up stronger from Oda. But it’s less likely for me than Roger still coming on top (PK, straw hat etc etc
dude you have Prime Coby above Zoro. Your bullshit criteria only applies when you want it to

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
dude you have Prime Coby above Zoro. Your bullshit criteria only applies when you want it to
Because Coby has insane potential and is here since chapter 1

Coby will likely surpass his teacher and be Garp level +

you tell me your 100% sure that Zoro will be stronger than that ?

I also think Coby will be stronger than Sanji even if Sanji has 1000 times his panel count

Because Coby has insane potential and is here since chapter 1

Coby will likely surpass his teacher and be Garp level +

you tell me your 100% sure that Zoro will be stronger than that ?

I also think Coby will be stronger than Sanji even if Sanji has 1000 times his panel count
Back blades have potential to be a greater strength feat than anything else in the story, Zoro is guaranteed to have at least one. Coby is a cheerleader whose ambition is to become a mere admiral.

Zoro has the potential and relevance on his side

No, he isn't a "fraud" and I don't think Oda will make such a decision. It will be shooting at his own foot. But, and this is good, Roger for sure was not a hero: he slaughtered Sguardo crew, pillaged to a degree, attacked marines etc. most likely he was worse than Luffy who is not a hero (at least pre time skip Luffy).

Roger is not a fraud, where the fuck do you guys even come up with these things? There is a pinnacle of strength that top tiers achieve and are relatively equal. There is no such thing as defined power hierarchy in OP like it is in other mangas. OP is about having the best crew. Roger and WB were equal and we know WB ain't no fraud, we know Kaido ain't no fraud and he recognizes Roger, and Kaido recognizes Roger's strength/haki. How to fuck after this can you ask if Roger was a fraud? This is a pirate manga, the MCs and the good guys can just employ other means what most would deem lowly or dishonorable like the villains.

Roger begging WB for Oden does not make Roger a fraud, Oden was not a prize to be won by the stronger fighter. Roger and WB had different dreams but were equal in strength. Why were they fighting if their dreams did not conflict with the others? They loved being able to fight against the strongest. But Roger also wanted the adventure/the exploration and for that he needed Oden.

I still think Roger had ulterior motives/he knew what he was doing when he invited Rayleigh to join him.

Roger is obviously not a fraud since he found Raftel. If you’re going to get upset with anyone about how he did so, then it’s Oda you’re calling a fraud for inserting Oden into the story. Or not having Roger explicitly beat anyone to be out at the top.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Back blades have potential to be a greater strength feat than anything else in the story,
Not at all

Black blade are mad strong and all guys with one are mad strong

and Zoro will indeed be a monster

But no black blades don’t have the potential to be the greatest thing strength wise in the story.

For one simple reason : Luffy the MC doesn’t have a blade and even more a black blade. And Luffy the MC will be the strongest and have the strongest power.

Same for Roger or Joyboy or Imu or BB who likely don’t have a black blade too and yet they are the keys and the top of the power ladder of the story.

That doesn’t mean anything

Garp was a vice admiral and in prime he was stronger than any admirals or FA or most Yonko

Coby will become a monster while being only an admiral

Not at all

Black blade are mad strong and all guys with one are mad strong

and Zoro will indeed be a monster

But no black blades don’t have the potential to be the greatest thing strength wise in the story.

For one simple reason : Luffy the MC doesn’t have a blade and even more a black blade. And Luffy the MC will be the strongest and have the strongest power.

Same for Roger or Joyboy or Imu or BB who likely don’t have a black blade too and yet they are the keys and the top of the power ladder of the story.

That doesn’t mean anything

Garp was a vice admiral and in prime he was stronger than any admirals or FA or most Yonko

Coby will become a monster while being only an admiral
Zoro > Mihawk > Coby

S

Sasaki Kojirō

The biggest fraud in the manga, thankfully Oda made this fraud explicitly declare that Luffy would surpass him...

• 0 great pirates defeated by Roger.
  • 2v1 against Xebec, needed help.
  • Begs Whitebeard to let one of his "crewmates" go with him to become Pirate King.
  • Competed with 0 great pirates for the title of PK, the path was clear for Roger.

Did he deserve his title or did he simply just get their first, it was never said if he actually defeated Whitebeard or Garp, it was said he avoided fighting big mom and he needed help from Garp to beat Rocks, was saved from Shiki by a storm.

And he protected celestial dragons

Is Roger a powerful, benevolent man

Or is he a true pirate greedy and only lives for his crew

The fact he wiped out entire countries over night was told

But never once did someone say Roger is a hero! He saved my life!

Roger is a true menace a criminal who happened to get to raftle first
The protecting Celestial Dragons bit I won't understand at all. Hopefully it's explained in this flashback.

Wouldn't say he was a fraud, but he certainly had easy on his path to becoming the Pirate King

The biggest fraud in the manga, thankfully Oda made this fraud explicitly declare that Luffy would surpass him...

• 0 great pirates defeated by Roger.
  • 2v1 against Xebec, needed help.
  • Begs Whitebeard to let one of his "crewmates" go with him to become Pirate King.
  • Competed with 0 great pirates for the title of PK, the path was clear for Roger.
Roger Midd difs Crydo

What makes Roger not a fraud is that, at the end of the day, his peers recognized him as the king of pirates.

Chinjao described it quite explicitly: the pirate king is the conqueror atop conquerors. Which is why Kaidou recognized him as the person who conquered the world with the strongest power; which is why Shiki described the incoming era as Whitebeard's only after Roger died; which is why Oden saw something different in Roger that set him apart from even Whitebeard; which is why Whitebeard himself spread Roger's will upon his own death...

Compare it to Rocks, who has been treated as a fool by both Big Mom and Whitebeard and was completely inept at ruling his "crew": that's the difference. To this day, Roger is respected and recognized as the pinnacle of piracy, and didn't even need a fancy title for it.