Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1097 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it's necessary buildup for Nika defeating Saturn and liberating both Bonney and Kuma and other future events: like knowing that Shanks is a celestial dragon, revolutionary army hype (they are facing the holy knights soon) and so on.
it’s not even buildup for that. If we got a scene of Kuma telling Saturn Nika will come and stop him then it’d be build up, but all it’s doing is building up to Kuma trying to stop Saturn, which is cool but oda chose rather than trying to expand on Saturns power set to just offscreen it in exchange for showing Garp, the roger, and Rox pirates who add nothing to the current narrative but fake hype.

The entire god valley portion would’ve been better if it solely focused on kuma and the slaves. Oda shouldn’t have shown the Pirates at all

I don't see it that was way Oda did he fight last so long it cool thing ( always find this stupid lol )
But mistakes can happen or Kuzan could have hesitated even in hour fight .
Like you see we don't how the fight went that could have been spamming ice and magma for days .
Still at the end of the Kuzan lost a foot and Akainu had him for dead .
At the end of 10 days Kuzan lost a foot that he was able to use ice to replicate and Sakazuki is covered in frostbite scars

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
We say they went 50/50 because of punk hazard, but that was only the effect of their DFs.

After the fight, Akainu walked away with some scars while Aokiji couldn't walk because he was missing a leg and left the marines a broken man.
Ofcourse Akainu won... he didn't lose a limb like the one who lost did.

But it's kinda wild that you're arguing that Akainu was a level above Aokiji but took 10 days to be defeated, in a battle which is very much drawn as a battle between two (near) Equals.

Since Egghead started we've been getting more and more Dragon related content. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Dragon still remaining passive after VP told him that he'll be killed and Kuma running off again would be weird af.
:crazwhat: the Revos coming to egghead is the egghead incident that shakes the world?

If Kuma was going to take Dragon then why would Kuma have run off by himself to Mariejois, Kuma isn’t going to egghead, why would he go otherwise why would he start rampaging on Mariejois
you need to follow the story bro. This is Kuma's flashback when his child is about to be killed. He has teleported from Mariejois so there is only one place he should and will be and that is egghead. Why he ran to Mariejois is a mystery only Oda can reveal. Kuma will come, save Bonney, uses his hand of liberation to remove Luffy's gear 5 limit and that is how Luffy will finish the Gorosei and Imu.

And that train of logic needs a leap of faith that Akainu is significantly superior to the other Admirals. That is something I'm not willing to take atm.

It's definitely on the cards though, if anyone gets CoC among the 5 - it would be Akainu.
I not certain how high he is agaist to new admirals but i always thought he look best out the old ones.

Ofcourse Akainu won... he didn't lose a limb like the one who lost did.

But it's kinda wild that you're arguing that Akainu was a level above Aokiji but took 10 days to be defeated, in a battle which is very much drawn as a battle between two (near) Equals.

I actually think Akainu awakened his fruit during the fight that gave him the edge to win. I also think Akainu will be the only awakened Logia we will see (with the exception to maybe Dragon if he has a logia)

The FA doesn't necessarily means he is the strongest.

But in Akainu's case, it does because he was the only one who became FA after defeating a fellow Admiral, and that was an unprecendent event that only happened once.

Also, Akainu was the one Oda choose for his comparison with Luffy and the PK, Oda could've choose Aokiji or Kizaru.
Akainu also scarred Luffy and killed Ace.

If Akainu hadn't opposed of Aokiji being FA, Aokiji would've been the FA and weaker than Akainu. The statement that FA > Admirals here only work is because Akainu is the only one who actually became FA through strength.

Oda needed Shanks to be a yonko at 33, so he made him into one. Dragon can be an admiral at whichever age Oda needs him to be.

He might not end up being an admiral at that age, but I don't see how Oda can justify him becoming so dangerous so quickly if he was a lower rank.

We say they went 50/50 because of punk hazard, but that was only the effect of their DFs.

After the fight, Akainu walked away with some scars while Aokiji couldn't walk because he was missing a leg and left the marines a broken man.
It's also because Shanks has more potential than Dragon...yeah it sounds silly but Shanks has the highest potential among every top tier bar Roger ,
He just couldn't become what he was supposed to be : PK, WSP when Kaido and WB were around like Roger did

If Dragon was top tier 20-25 years ago , then he's legit to be reckoned right now as WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.