Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1097 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 553 was 9 Pages in Length 8 Pages not including the colorspread but is known as one of the hypest chapters in Marineford
Chapter 554 was 7 pages not including the cover page………… almost all double page spreads

1097 should have great art…

I remember watching this on the anime.Still gives me chills.

My going theory for Dragon is this(before we get more detailed spoilers):
- Dragon joins the Marines around the age of 15-16
- He either joined a few months before Sakazuki, or at the same time.
- The two of them interact often. Either mutual respect and rivalry forms, or Sakazuki starts respecting Dragon a little.
- They advance in rank and both are Rear Admirals
- Something happens that shakes Dragon's confidence in the sense of Justice the Marines are supposed to uphold.
- That same incident further pushes Akainu towards his path of Absolute Justice.
- Dragon goes MIA and is off the grid for some time
- He starts traveling around the world and amassing allies and forming the core of his army

Don't start the Nico Robin criminal act discussion again, I want to move past it since it goes nowhere at the speed of light.

People who do bad things to survive aren't bad people, if they only do bad things when they don't have any present choice to do otherwise.

People who do bad things for no reason are the problem.

Did the Straw Hats steal the Shandians gold at the end of Skypiea? Yeah. Was it because they wanted to hurt Skypiea? No, they just needed to make some money, because they're fucking pirates. They knew the Shandians didn't really care about the treasure that much, and took it for themselves, knowing it wouldnt cause any real harm to the country.

Illegal? Yeah. Evil? Nah.

Man claims murder is evil. Yet man can survive without eating meat, and killing animals, yet chooses to kill them anyway. Animals kill each other for territory/to eat all the time. Is murder itself evil? No. Two tribes who have dwindling resources fighting over resources and territory are not evil, they are both just trying to survive.

Was Kaido evil when he was killing people in war in the Vodka kingdom? No, he was trying to survive and protect his homeland. Kaido became evil when he chose to kill people not out of need, but out of greed for power and revenge.

Zoro killed Mr. 7, and plenty of other people over the years (he was a Bounty Hunter, and, when it came to hunting, I think Zoro's more the "Dead" than "Alive" kind of guy). Is he a bad guy? Nope, just taking down bad people in order to train himself and make money. Now, Zoro rarely kills, as he values life heavily.

Starving people stealing food isn't evil, rich people stealing money from starving people is evil. Which one is criminalized?
That's not what I was talking about.
I was talking about actual criminals who do terrible shit and are open about it

Rght?!

Ah man, that would be awesome! I'd love that! Honestly the Kuma plot twists including him defending the Sunny for 2 years with his life are some of the best writing anda plot twists I've ever seen, so I have to give Oda credit for that! Seems a little more obvious at least in hindsight that Kuma wasn't an enemy truly but what he did at Sabaody was absolutely fucking insane and OP, I still attest he HAS to be awakened to be doing shit like that too! Sending people downright flying to other islands with just 1 slap?! WTF?!

Oda really seems to love Kuma and I'm starting to understand why now. He's the most heroic character in OP right now.

Also I've not mentioned it here yet, but I noticed, Oda mentioned Kuma saving 500 people casually last chapter...At Sabaody when Kizaru "failed" to capture the SHs and Supernovas, you know what he supposedly did?! He CAPTURED 500 PIRATES! That can't be coincidence, surely?!
Imagine if we see the nothing happened moment from Kuma's perspective and find out that Zoro inspired Kuma in some way.

Don't start the Nico Robin criminal act discussion again, I want to move past it since it goes nowhere at the speed of light.

People who do bad things to survive aren't bad people, if they only do bad things when they don't have any present choice to do otherwise.

People who do bad things for no reason are the problem.

Did the Straw Hats steal the Shandians gold at the end of Skypiea? Yeah. Was it because they wanted to hurt Skypiea? No, they just needed to make some money, because they're fucking pirates. They knew the Shandians didn't really care about the treasure that much, and took it for themselves, knowing it wouldnt cause any real harm to the country.

Illegal? Yeah. Evil? Nah.

Man claims murder is evil. Yet man can survive without eating meat, and killing animals, yet chooses to kill them anyway. Animals kill each other for territory/to eat all the time. Is murder itself evil? No. Two tribes who have dwindling resources fighting over resources and territory are not evil, they are both just trying to survive.

Was Kaido evil when he was killing people in war in the Vodka kingdom? No, he was trying to survive and protect his homeland. Kaido became evil when he chose to kill people not out of need, but out of greed for power and revenge.

Zoro killed Mr. 7, and plenty of other people over the years (he was a Bounty Hunter, and, when it came to hunting, I think Zoro's more the "Dead" than "Alive" kind of guy). Is he a bad guy? Nope, just taking down bad people in order to train himself and make money. Now, Zoro rarely kills, as he values life heavily.

Starving people stealing food isn't evil, rich people stealing money from starving people is evil. Which one is criminalized?
This why the "intention" is the most important part
Robin is innocent, she was not evil… her life was evil
Many Marine soldiers have good intentions and some are abusing their power
Many Pirates and 100% of the WG have selfish reasons
The only entirely good fraction is the Revo Army

Status
Not open for further replies.