Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1097 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Pretty sure he referred specifically to those that affect cognitive state (not that it excuses his statements)

Autistic people's intelligence can vary as much as anyone's else, from heavily below average to genius level
Exactly. I'm autistic and have mentored other, younger autistic people for years. It's called a spectrum for good reasons ofc.

Rootbeer was referring to stereotypical depictions of people with cognitive issues/learning difficulties and dysfunction. The Gilbert Grape and Rain Man stereotype.

Funny thing is a lot of people I've met like that have a lot of genuine empathy, kindness, patience, thick skin and inability to hold grudges or be mean/petty/nasty especially intentionally, unlike the shitheads who insult, downplay, slander and discriminate them like my neighbour too.

One of the boys I mentored had a computer for a brain genuinely, is it photographic memory they call it? Where you can remember extremely specific details precisely?
He could tell you exact information of something that happened even a decade ago easily, with exact time, day, as much detail as possible.
You ask him to tell you what day of the week it was in any day, month, year even up to 25 years ago if not even higher and he could tell you with pinpoint accuracy on the spot, within 2 minutes at worst, exactly what day of the week it was.
He is a savant in his own ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.