Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Really, REALLY hoping Sanji has an ulterior motive other than just wanting to get his dick wet. You’re in the middle of a war, man, leave that shit for afterwards.

God, Momo’s really getting crucified...have to wonder if Jack got the idea to do the same to Inu and Neko while looking for Raizo from his captain’s associate (we’ve already seen him do the same to Yasuie), or he’s just falling on a torture classic. Things look bleak now, but it’s gonna be eminently satisfying to watch someone kick the living shit out of this Kurozumi motherfucker.

I’m sure this observation has been made by others at this point, but I noticed during Yamato performing his daddy’s attack that his club only has blunted protrusions, unlike Kaido’s club with spikes. Could this be a reference to his alignment? Is he actually seeking Luffy out for the purposes of doing good? Will Oda listen to my prediction that Yamato is actually a shared hallucination between the main characters? Time will tell.

All in all, fairly good chapter. I weirdly like Perospero, so I’m interested to see what he’s gonna do, and Page One/Ulti were fine (I remain #TeamMaria as always). Just hope we get Yamato’s face next time so the Boys in the Battledome can put it to the name they’re already powerscaling like mad :namiriously:

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Really, REALLY hoping Sanji has an ulterior motive other than just wanting to get his dick wet.
If you expect seriousness from Eichiro Oda at this point then you are in line for massive disappointment.

Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji jokes are not funny anymore tbh.

Even polls in Japans shows it clear that the biggest audience for One Piece starts from 19 yo and goes up.

Oda doesn't f'ing understand that we are f'ing growing human beings.

I may overreact but I'm so f'ing bored with this series sometimes.

10 Years in. You may read it more than me I don't care. Everyone has their own endurance threshold.

btw. Should I write f'ing or fucking?

Mods? Hello? Bans for this or not?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If you expect seriousness from Eichiro Oda at this point then you are in line for massive disappointment.

Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji jokes are not funny anymore tbh.

Even polls in Japans shows it clear that the biggest audience for One Piece starts from 19 yo and goes up.

Oda doesn't f'ing understand that we are f'ing growing human beings.

I may overreact but I'm so f'ing bored with this series sometimes.

10 Years in. You may read it more than me I don't care. Everyone has their own endurance threshold.

btw. Should I write f'ing or fucking?

Mods? Hello? Bans for this or not?
I find myself constantly hoping Oda will play up to my expectations...you know, the ones HE set with the quality of the series pre timeskip? And more often than not, I find that said expectations are often not met when it comes to L/Z/S showing an OUNCE of personal development. They’re physically more powerful than ever, but somehow that’s come at the cost of their critical thinking.

Also, you see me use the word “fuck” around this forum like it’s going out of style, they clearly don’t care about cursing :milaugh:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I find myself constantly hoping Oda will play up to my expectations
Me too.

Meanwhile Eichiro Oda:

Hmm, a serious war and a threat from 2 Yonko?:
Luffy and Zoro: HEHEHEH LETS RAPE LOSING MYSELF IN THE MANSION AND THEN DON'T BEAT THE FODDERS OF KAIDO BECAUSE WE NEED STAMINA HEHEHEHHE

SANJI: HAHA Prostitutes.

Eichiro Oda editors: HAHAH YES SIR NICE IDEA JESUS YOU ARE SO AMAZING BUT PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DOWNPLAY WOMEN AS A CHARACTERS HAHHA

I think that yamato is very much the current Oden. Like him he seems to want to leave Wano but is forbidden to - perhaps even forbidden to leave Onigashima. But it's quite clear that Yamato design is meant to evoke both his father and Oden, stating where he's from and what he's aspiring to.
Yamato for straw hat, after Wano he can leave with luffy's crew just like how oden did with Rogers. :milaugh:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Me too.

Meanwhile Eichiro Oda:

Hmm, a serious war and a threat from 2 Yonko?:
Luffy and Zoro: HEHEHEH LETS RAPE LOSING MYSELF IN THE MANSION AND THEN DON'T BEAT THE FODDERS OF KAIDO BECAUSE WE NEED STAMINA HEHEHEHHE

SANJI: HAHA Prostitutes.

Eichiro Oda editors: HAHAH YES SIR NICE IDEA JESUS YOU ARE SO AMAZING BUT PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DOWNPLAY WOMEN AS A CHARACTERS HAHHA
Yeah, it would be nice if he had another adult in the room instead of an echo chamber of fanboys. He would benefit from reigning it in just a bit and stop telling the exact same jokes he’s run into the ground for almost two decades :whitepress:

Given that we already know that there is no hookers you have an interesting way of underestimating how much the strawhats depend on sanji.

Especially nami lol
It doesn’t matter that there are no hookers. Sanji is still trying to find them. That’s why he left. They don’t depend on Sanji more than any other member of the crew, and Nami damn sure doesn’t depend on him more than anyone else. They all make do together.

As I said E.Oda is consistently showing us that Zoro is struggling against opponents that are far weaker than King. Such as; Hawkins, Killer, Kyoshiro etc. But people expecting Zoro to solo fight King in this arc. Once again E.Oda did this;

Zoro is now struggling against Gifters? :kriwhat:

Either E.Oda is trolling us, or Zoro is not going to solo fight someone on Katakuri's level (King)

Also I am not expecting much from Asura, Zoro couldn't even use Asura against Oars and Bartholomew Kuma, and lost the fights before even he could use it, instead he used other techniques such as Shishi Sonson, it's probably because Asura lacks speed, unlike Shishi Sonson.

Ulti looks powerful, but people forget that Luffy was fighting 2 flying six, both Page One + Ulti, he blitzed Ulti, but Page One distracted Luffy, and we know they are both CoO Haki users from this chapter.

And Yamato? That will be interesting one.

His chains and his cloths looks like Oden, and why would wait Luffy if you are not Oden? I thought only Oden knew that prophecy about Luffy and Wano. It's very interesting.

Perhaps they made experiments on Oden's body, similar to what people think about Weevil. It's interesting.

Perospero is either going to attack King, or Marco, or Strawhat. I hope it will be King, otherwise I don't see Kaido losing this battle.
But Luffy struggled against Bellamy too, he even coughed/vomited blood when Bellamy hit him in Dressrosa. And afterwards proceeded to toy with Doflamingo with G4.

Imo Zoro, even with this portrayal, will still face and beat a Calamity, most likely King. Especially if Oda give him Enma powerup and mid-fight powerup.

Status
Not open for further replies.