G

Gorosei Informer

This explains everything; the Celestial Dragons are the only people more racist than Zoro in this series, so, of course Zoro's opponent is a Celestial Dragon, or a former one in Mihawk.

Mihawk and Shanks became rivals, possibly due to Mihawk being ordered to hunt down Garling's child and retrieve them, and eventually friends, with Shanks making Mihawk realize how pathetic the life he lived is.

This is why Mihawk lives in total isolation, on a deserted island (besides the Humandrills). His island, Kuraigana (Gloomy) Island, was once home to a kingdom known as the Shikkearu Kingdom, which fell. From the Wiki:

Nine years before the current storyline, a terrible war was fought on this island. The Humandrills inhabiting the forest, gifted with the capability of learning from humans, watched the conflict, learned how to fight using weapons, and became fearsome fighters. At some point after the war's end, Mihawk arrived on this island and made the castle his home.

Either Mihawk participated in a Celestial Dragon Manhunt on Kuraigana, and feels remorse over it and lives alone in penance, or Mihawk obtained the island by intervening in a Celestial Dragon Manhunt, IMO.

If the war was really that damaging, why would the castle be kept safe? Because, it wasn't a war; the Celestial Dragons easily took over, and when Mihawk showed up, they quickly retreated, leaving him the island.

This is why the giant cross is there; it was cut by Mihawk to serve as a grave for those murdered on the island.

We can tell it was created by Mihawk thanks to your spooky waifu, Perona, in the anime (providing you count the Time Skip filler as real).
This makes a lot of sense man, you've just given me an immense sense of catharsis but also some dread and grief ironically lol. I've been almost literally dying for Mihawk lore for decades now as well as Kuragaina for well how long has it been now? 14 years? 12? Around that much?

This finally explains his coffin boat and imo death seeker, lone atoner, remorseful wanderer w/e vibes too. I think he said they were wiped out by poison too? I used to think somehow Germa was involved a VERY long time ago even ofc but we know we have MANY other alternatives for poison weaponry in OP too ofc.

I've always wanted to know why Mihawk has such typical religious themes, Christian or w/e, the whole Van Helsing vibes he has imo, well vampire hunter, holy crusader, conquistador maybe, musketeer, idk lmao. Something like that.

Mihawk is the most fascinating character in OP for me too.

Ironically I am mostly manga only and specifically continue reading manga while waiting for One Piece to end. The irony is that Oda decided to probably make Bonney a child ... she's fine as a grown up woman, why does he have to ruin it?
I hope that he'll stop sexualizing bonney altogether as soon as we find out her real age. Even when she's in her adult form.
Post automatically merged:

Could also be Shueisha finally cracking down.
@Pew anything we should be aware of?