Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no way to genuinely believe this...

He cannot write females whatsoever
Women in One Piece are mentally strong, independent, optimistic, have deeply rooted motivations and their own life goals, are not entirely about simping for men, have intense struggles in life and are inspirational. Despite most women not being physically powerful, female characters in One Piece are an inspiration to women in real life. Now tell me which series has better female characters without naming dogshit characters like Makima.

What fears? The only thing I have a fear of is heights.

It's really fucking stupid that he made Ginny to basically just be raped give birth to Bonney then die
Even worse that he sexualized Bonney so many times and tries to justify it by using the age fruit as a scapegoat
Not only does is he writing generic, annoying backstories, but he's still being an absolute jackass and refusing to let one female character to anything outside of looking sexy, or, in the children's case, looking cute and crying a lot (i.e Tama).
Ginny is a flashback character, her role is to literally add to the MC of the flashback. Nothing more or less. Also are we forgetting that Kuma is pretty much a punching bag in his flashback as well? The men aren’t doing that good either

He said it himself it's because having the villians dream crushed is a far worse fate than dying
Eh, I would be convinced if Lucci didn't appear stronger than ever with awakening and all that stuff, still having his cocky attitude. So where are his dreams killed? Same as Crocodile, still rocking as ever. Enel? He's doing some stuff on the moon. Doffy legitimate lost everything though, he might join Cross Guild tho.

There are just rare examples of villain dreams getting crushed and affecting them in result.

Bonney being the product of slavery and rape and not actually Kuma's daughter is a generic backstory? Sure its fucked up, but bad and generic?

:kaidowhat:
I already explained why I hate it
I'd be alright with that if this was the only case of Oda being a shit writer when it comes to backstories and most women he writes in general, but it's far from that, so far from it it's kind of sad.
I mean he didn't need to do this to her, I understand he has to make Kuma's backstory very sad and all that, but at this point it's a little exaggerated.
He already had his parents die (and has no other family that we know of), was a slave for the CDs until God Valley as a child, lived in a shithole with a terrible king that was full of old people (sans Kuma and Ginny ofc), and now his best friend/lover got enslaved, raped, and killed and he has to take care of the baby.
That's more than enough imo, and we still have to see why he became a slave again as well.

Was just asking if it's similar to Log Horizon because of the fantasy setting and somewhat similar art / looks / feel.

Alright will keep in mind this story cheers. But even if she's 1000, she has the body of a little girl. Why can't manga/anime have more boob warriors like matsumoto?
well Log Horizon lack plot that really brings me attention tbh, i watch 2 season of it just to watch my man Naotsugu relationship with Marielle lol

Welp its Elf troupe on Anime/Manga they look young as hell lol

Lucci gonna lose a limb soon.
Zoro's track record in Onigashima has been great when it comes to lethality.... Kaidou? Perma-scarred. King? Amputated.

This is how i want it. You fight Zoro? Be prepared to lose limbs or be permanently damaged.
Yeah, there's many possibilities.
- 8 of his fingers? So he can only show max 2. Would be suiting well, considering his desire to kill #2 of the SHs.
- straight up both hands? He'll never finger pistol anyone.
- whole tail? He'll officially become zoro's bitch.

I have a feeling Fujitora will be the one to bury Mariejois with a meteor barrage
can't happen soon enough! :hurry:
Crew arrives at island
Female introduced/reintroduced
Fans: "OMG FUTURE NAKAMA"

Female solely used for jerkbait and sob stories
Female needs saving

They leave without here

Rinse and repeat
and of course the female characters always look very alluring to the male eyes throughout these exploitative rape/slavery/genocide sob stories

good characters my ass

*grumble*

Lol whats funny is Oda hinted at it like 10+ years ago when he highlighted the Supernova ages. Around Bonney's he specifically says she "appears" to be 24, unlike the others.
Omg what a foreshadowing!!

Lmao Oda creates a character that can manipulate her DF, and just insert random "appears to be" because why not, it is her power anyway.
Yet this OPler acting like this is some great foreshadowing since 10+ years ago while actually ignoring the fact Oda still draws her half naked in the same arc she is revealed as 12 years old
But but foreshadowing from 10+ years ago :suresure: @lee33

I already explained why I hate it
I'd be alright with that if this was the only case of Oda being a shit writer when it comes to backstories and most women he writes in general, but it's far from that, so far from it it's kind of sad.
I mean he didn't need to do this to her, I understand he has to make Kuma's backstory very sad and all that, but at this point it's a little exaggerated.
He already had his parents die (and has no other family that we know of), was a slave for the CDs until God Valley as a child, lived in a shithole with a terrible king that was full of old people (sans Kuma and Ginny ofc), and now his best friend/lover got enslaved, raped, and killed and he has to take care of the baby.
That's more than enough imo, and we still have to see why he became a slave again as well.
So "too sad" is your complaint here, which isnt even a valid one lol. Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.