Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surprisingly dark and that’s fine but the problem comes in when the momentary Darkness can’t be matched by the rest of the tone of the story

As less severe example of this is the end of Wano: People forget that 10000 Samurai fought for Orochi. Those are 10000 Wano citizens who has spent 26 years subjugating the rest of their fellow Wanonians and went on a life and rewatch fight to keep their status of subjugation over the rest of country… what happened to these 10000 samurai? Let’s say most of them died in the war, let’s say there’s 3000 of them left. Anha, what happened to these 3000 men?

Oda wants to have his darkness cake, the fact that there was an actual class structure in Wano separate from the Beast pirates that VERY MANY Wano citizens upheld and very many Wano citizens actively subjugated their fellow poorer citizens with no remorse… And Oda wants to eat the “feel good” reward as well of having the end of Wano COMPLETELY not address a single thing about this…

Oda’s inability to recognize and fully account for the darkness in his story is made fully manifest in Hiyori’a end speech of Wano Calling for the death of the Kurozumi showing the people of Wano and the story itself literally didn’t even acknowledge that this entire fiasco started because the Kurozumi were exterminated… Oda had to return later in an SBS to try and smooth this over WITHOUT addressing it after having been told by an editor what he just wrote

Oda is making this Ginny situation extra dark but it’s gonna eventually bump up against the general nature of One piece not actually being this dark and along the way there will be wires crossed once again like in Wano… I myself already have a problem with this Ginny situation because it makes Dragon and the revs look extremely bad and weak… and I’m sure there will be even more problems later on because of this
Idk bro, this scene in Sabaody still exists lol:

This woman is straight up abducted and Oda casually left it at that with no resolution.

Literally the one save oda has is the only person to ever hit on Bonney is Blackbeard who’s the most disgusting person on the planet anyways
Not really? Look at the pervert's face, looking at Bonney eating like that.

Pretty creepy if you ask me.

Actually...

Bonney went from depressed into happy state right after eating Sanji's food, even Luffy noticed and shown bothered with her change.
Just what did he put to the poor girl's food?

I just fucking realized that Bonney crying and sobbing and not being able to do anything against the Pacisfistas actually makes sense and is completely acceptable now if she is actually just a kid

God that's so fucked dude how fucking sad. Jesus christ.
I forgot what happened after she saw his memories
She had just learnt that her mother was abducted and raped by CDs, and all the other shit that goes with Kuma’s misery

That’s a lot to take for a 12 year old

Once again, her motivations are solely centralized on "why" Kuma did those things and his own past.

Kuma is the one with the actual dream of liberating the world "like Nika", not Bonney. There are layers to his motivations, including his race, his slavery ridden past, and now the death of someone he loved.

Its not even the same playing field .
My point was never on how layered bonney is or isn't compared to kuma. It was on the fact that she is a focal character of this arc and not a tool of it.

Not really? Look at the pervert's face, looking at Bonney eating like that.

Pretty creepy if you ask me.

Actually...

Bonney went from depressed into happy state right after eating Sanji's food, even Luffy noticed and shown bothered with her change.
Just what did he put to the poor girl's food?
Wasn't it vending machine food? VegaPunk's food technically. Current Sanji is on fraudwatch, might be Devon still. Where are the diable jambe kicks gone?

As far as Sanji is aware she's an adult.

Apollo

The Sol King
Dragon looks so fucking lame man, this guy was getting his top officers kidnapped, enslaved and raped while he just kept sweating.

Fisher Tiger >>> Dragon

No, it is scientifically true that the brain is not fully matured until around 25.

18 is still a teenager, but she would be legal. I personally don't get why any grown man would want to date a teenager unless you are a teenager yourself.
Not everyone will act immature at 25, some are still immature in their late 20s. I wonder what the sample size was.

You are onto something though, people below 20 are still acting like teenagers.

And even the marines like Garp or Fujitora that don't approve of slavery or the CD... help maintain the system instead of rebelling like Dragon.

They're all enablers.
Well fuji was about to cast down a meteor on where they lived so I wont say he enables it, Garp is a vice admiral AND he doesn'teven want to be associated with them so in a way, he just leaves them alone and even if he rebelled he would have been fired..

Status
Not open for further replies.