Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the crux of her conflict is getting revenge. Initially, that is targetted at Vegapunk. This past which she actively sought out gives her context to who is the actual cause for her father's suffering as well as how she came to be. I would say it very clearly has to do with he character and her motivations
Once again, her motivations are solely centralized on "why" Kuma did those things and his own past.

Kuma is the one with the actual dream of liberating the world "like Nika", not Bonney. There are layers to his motivations, including his race, his slavery ridden past, and now the death of someone he loved.

Its not even the same playing field .

Nope. You could have gone and read the thread milluki linked. But dyslexia is your biggest obstacle to success in life.

I presented in there an alternative theory to rape that also fits in well with Bonney not being a Buccaneer.
So the reason you're crying is because I only read the two comments here and the OG post there and not went through a whole thread to see what other fantasy you had come up with?

Once again, overly defensive and way too rude.

This is surprisingly dark and that’s fine but the problem comes in when the momentary Darkness can’t be matched by the rest of the tone of the story

As less severe example of this is the end of Wano: People forget that 10000 Samurai fought for Orochi. Those are 10000 Wano citizens who has spent 26 years subjugating the rest of their fellow Wanonians and went on a life and rewatch fight to keep their status of subjugation over the rest of country… what happened to these 10000 samurai? Let’s say most of them died in the war, let’s say there’s 3000 of them left. Anha, what happened to these 3000 men?

Oda wants to have his darkness cake, the fact that there was an actual class structure in Wano separate from the Beast pirates that VERY MANY Wano citizens upheld and very many Wano citizens actively subjugated their fellow poorer citizens with no remorse… And Oda wants to eat the “feel good” reward as well of having the end of Wano COMPLETELY not address a single thing about this…

Oda’s inability to recognize and fully account for the darkness in his story is made fully manifest in Hiyori’a end speech of Wano Calling for the death of the Kurozumi showing the people of Wano and the story itself literally didn’t even acknowledge that this entire fiasco started because the Kurozumi were exterminated… Oda had to return later in an SBS to try and smooth this over WITHOUT addressing it after having been told by an editor what he just wrote

Oda is making this Ginny situation extra dark but it’s gonna eventually bump up against the general nature of One piece not actually being this dark and along the way there will be wires crossed once again like in Wano… I myself already have a problem with this Ginny situation because it makes Dragon and the revs look extremely bad and weak… and I’m sure there will be even more problems later on because of this
i think oda knows exactly what he wrote, thats why the sbs made sure to say "i wonder what will happen if the people of wano find out tama is a kurozumi... this hatred is still a big problem in our society" or whatever it was. it's clear that yes, hiyori meant just orochi, but the people of wano still took it like "all kurozumis". that's part of the story too. racism isnt erased that easily. the people of wano will still turn on her and try to execute a child if they find out.

Blackbeard didn't flirt with 12 y.o. Bonney.
Since it was pre timeskip, actually Blackbeard flirted with 10 y.o. Bonney.
If anyone said this back then what would people think of them?

Ya ok, the issue is everyone including the reader thought she's not a minor. BB powers to cancel DFs + seastone chains, so everyone concluded that's her actual age, which looks above 18 or around the age at least.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
I just fucking realized that Bonney crying and sobbing and not being able to do anything against the Pacisfistas actually makes sense and is completely acceptable now if she is actually just a kid

God that's so fucked dude how fucking sad. Jesus christ.

This is surprisingly dark and that’s fine but the problem comes in when the momentary Darkness can’t be matched by the rest of the tone of the story

As less severe example of this is the end of Wano: People forget that 10000 Samurai fought for Orochi. Those are 10000 Wano citizens who has spent 26 years subjugating the rest of their fellow Wanonians and went on a life and rewatch fight to keep their status of subjugation over the rest of country… what happened to these 10000 samurai? Let’s say most of them died in the war, let’s say there’s 3000 of them left. Anha, what happened to these 3000 men?

Oda wants to have his darkness cake, the fact that there was an actual class structure in Wano separate from the Beast pirates that VERY MANY Wano citizens upheld and very many Wano citizens actively subjugated their fellow poorer citizens with no remorse… And Oda wants to eat the “feel good” reward as well of having the end of Wano COMPLETELY not address a single thing about this…

Oda’s inability to recognize and fully account for the darkness in his story is made fully manifest in Hiyori’a end speech of Wano Calling for the death of the Kurozumi showing the people of Wano and the story itself literally didn’t even acknowledge that this entire fiasco started because the Kurozumi were exterminated… Oda had to return later in an SBS to try and smooth this over WITHOUT addressing it after having been told by an editor what he just wrote

Oda is making this Ginny situation extra dark but it’s gonna eventually bump up against the general nature of One piece not actually being this dark and along the way there will be wires crossed once again like in Wano… I myself already have a problem with this Ginny situation because it makes Dragon and the revs look extremely bad and weak… and I’m sure there will be even more problems later on because of this
Yeah one of Oda's biggest flaws as a writer is that he wants to have his cake and eat it too but doesn't really want to be held accountable. He'll explore really dark and complex themes but when people have legitimate criticisms he'll hide behind it being a "silly pirate manga".

Other classic example is the fake out deaths. He wants the stakes and emotional weight of death but doesn't want to actually kill anyone.

This is actually extremely realistic on Oda's part. After Nazi Germany and Japan fell in WWII some were tried and others were reintegrated without any punishment. Seems consistent with how most wars end.

Saturn said Buccaneer's purpose is live as slaves and die as slaves.
Kuma's family were caught only because they were Buccaneers.
Kuma rejected Ginny because he was Buccaneer.
Saturn mentioned that Kuma is last Buccaneer.
Don't think they will create another Buccaneer.
Yeah as far as we know it, the buccaneers are basically dead (And extincted) at this point, unless SOMEHOW bonney can mess with her biology to make her related to kuma IN SOME WAy, seeing as distorted future literally does turn her into buccaneer shaped.

so dragon raised not just one menacing beast but two in both Sabo and Kuma, so we can assume he's equivalent or close to prime garp.

i wonder how sabo would fair against Aokiji student vs student that would make for a good fight and what couldve came from ace vs aokiji
Dragon's sperm is pirate king level.

This should summ it up perfectly and should stop this pedo shit to shit on characters.
Neither Sanji or Blackbeard know these things about Bonney.
And that is what Oda tried to make(even thought he over do it for sure, he should find another ways), making Bonney look like a Adult..

Because that it is pointless to shit on Sanji and co.
I also simped for Bonney back then, most of us did and were certainly not pedos
Rootbeer is one because he kept going
People trash Sanji because of their agenda

I just fucking realized that Bonney crying and sobbing and not being able to do anything against the Pacisfistas actually makes sense and is completely acceptable now if she is actually just a kid

God that's so fucked dude how fucking sad. Jesus christ.
Is it? Ace, Sabo, Luffy were kids fighting bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.