One Piece Chapter 1098: "Bonney's birth"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
I think @Topi Jerami has a point. How can Dragon be Luffy's father? At least Garp immediately rescued Coby and took Roger's kid to protect him but Dragon? He left his son, he couldn't protect Ginny, he couldn't protect Kuma either. Two of them are core members of his organisation but there isn't even a reason why he didn't try to rescue Ginny. He freed a country from a tyrant, only for the tyrant to reappear again. He ran away from BB and freaking CP0 who were stopped by BMP iirc.
Seriously, were they even going to rescue Kuma if it wasn't for Sabo?

Dragon better redeems himself soon otherwise he's also on the fraud watch.

I doubt Kuma will get to recover,especially now that.Sakazuki gave him the WB treatment.The best way for him to end is to destroy egghead alongside Saturn.

Bro Kuma asked Moria,"If you could travel, where would you want to go?" back in thriller bark. If he hadn't decided Bonney back then how does it match up? He asked kid bonney the exact same thing this chapter.
Mind=Blown
Cause from Oda's own words the Supernova didn' exist before they were created.

Do I believe Oda had dedicated ideas and intent with Kuma? Absolutely.

Do I believe that said desires and intent explicitly included Bonney back during Thriller Bark? No

Just like how Oda said he had Alabasta in mind, but didn't consider giving it a princess until one day he was drawing Vivi and went "She actually looks very princess like"

His skin could’ve been augmented by Vegapunks experiments. Vega could also removed the scales whenever he went in for upgrades. He would still be sick regardless of the scales advancing or not.

Saturn gave the order, he agreed because he was dying anyways and maybe made a deal with the WG to leave Bonney alone or protect her. We have seen several WG characters worry about Bonney
He spent 2 years guarding sunny with no sign of turning blue though lol, then as a slave in Marijoa. We are assuming a lot of things here:

- That he can take diseases with him
- That he hadnt tried to take the disease from her already
- That modifying his body stops the disease.

If turning him into a cyborg stops the disease, then it doesnt explain why he "needed" to get his mind wiped, especially since hes still alive with no signs of a disease affecting him

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I doubt Kuma will get to recover,especially now that.Sakazuki gave him the WB treatment.The best way for him to end is to destroy egghead alongside Saturn.
Kuma is like that character who will find peace only when he dies....

I think he will see Bonney under care of Nika and will finally be relieved that liberator is here and might tried to pull something like self destruction but taking Saturn with himself to help SHs escape

One of the best OP chapters since I started reading the manga.

Ginny was a great character even tho her panel time was short. The disease freed her from a lifetime of abuse. I don't know why dragon couldn't find out intel on ginny's location. I hope we get some kind of explanation for Dragon's inaction for 2 years.

Kuma is one of the best characters in this series. I wish we can atleast see him retaliating against CD or Saturn for all his sufferings before he dies.

He spent 2 years guarding sunny with no sign of turning blue though lol, then as a slave in Marijoa. We are assuming a lot of things here:

- That he can take diseases with him
- That he hadnt tried to take the disease from her already
- That modifying his body stops the disease.

If turning him into a cyborg stops the disease, then it doesnt explain why he "needed" to get his mind wiped, especially since hes still alive with no signs of a disease affecting him
Bonney probably cured herself using her devil fruit on the disease.