Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is chopper above zoro cause he blocked meme too ?
You are grasping at straws huh.
Here is the difference:

Big mom hakied up napoleon and hit jimbei.

Big mom was trying to find the cake on the ship, meaning she will not use any force for fear of destroying the ship and the cake, she put her palm down to look for the cake. Chopper guard pointed to block a palm slowly coming down to check that place for the cake.

I hope you see the difference but I doubt it. After all, strawmaning is your forte.

1. When Ulti about to use "Ulti-meteor", luffy said "Not Happening, Gear Fourth". That might be an indication if he know how big the damage he take if he doesnt use Gear Fourth.
2. When Luffy said "Huh?", his eye literally still on Ulti. (He might know what happen to Ulti later).
But, Ulti seeing the other direction, exactly the direction where Yamato gonna used Raime Hakke to her.

From my point, that two might be an indication if luffy used FS here. But if we comparing his FS to Katakuri, ofc he still loses.
Point 1 is debatable imo, since the attack is announced already. The timeframe is to close. While at Udon, Luffy gave an advice to Hyogoro about 3 maneuvers of movements. The FS's duration is really long. While Luffy said G4 just when Ulti was in the middle of announcing the attack. He didnt have to foresee the damage imo, ot could be that he just say "not happening" since he want to prevent the attack to inflict anything. And that, regular obs.haki could do that too if the timeframe is that short. Thus either the FS was really significantly shortened in duration (FS-shortening by plot restriction), or it was just regular observation haki.

2. Luffy avoided the bullet from luffy-wannabe in Sabaody at the first post-TS flexing of observation haki. And luffy avoided the bullet from the side, it meant Luffy didnt need to see the attack coming from the side, even if he just used a regular observation.

If Oda intend this to be Luffy's FS, then it was too drastically shortened as Luffy wouldnt even get grabbed by that Ulti's dinosaur form in the first place if he was previously fast enough, just after stop underestimating the two, fast enough to throw Ulti without the latter even realizing.

---

I think your point 2 is good point though, even when i disagree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.