Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm most curious about how long Yamato's been waiting for Luffy. He says it's been a long time. Is that:

-him believing that Luffy is the next Joy Boy and has been waiting for him since before Luffy was even born/since he was very young? That would require Yamato being assosciated with someone from Roger's ship- Oden obvisouly being the best bet- or Whitebeard at a push
-pre-skip? EL and the Saobody to Marineford stretch were both considered times where Luffy challenged the world to a fight, would he have caught his attention then?
-post-skip? This would require the "waiting a long time" bit to be a bit of an exaggeration
-does he know someone like Shanks, Ace, Garp or Dragon? Could they have told Yamato about Luffy some time in the past? We know Ace has been on Wano, could have been then. Maybe Yamato was with Kaido on one of his suicide attacks and ran into Garp or Shanks? Can't really see much chance of it being Dragon tbh.

I lean towards Yamato waiting for him because of either something he learned from Oden, or because he met Ace when Ace was in Wano, but there's quite a few ways this can go.

I'm most curious about how long Yamato's been waiting for Luffy. He says it's been a long time. Is that:

-him believing that Luffy is the next Joy Boy and has been waiting for him since before Luffy was even born/since he was very young? That would require Yamato being assosciated with someone from Roger's ship- Oden obvisouly being the best bet- or Whitebeard at a push
-pre-skip? EL and the Saobody to Marineford stretch were both considered times where Luffy challenged the world to a fight, would he have caught his attention then?
-post-skip? This would require the "waiting a long time" bit to be a bit of an exaggeration
-does he know someone like Shanks, Ace, Garp or Dragon? Could they have told Yamato about Luffy some time in the past? We know Ace has been on Wano, could have been then. Maybe Yamato was with Kaido on one of his suicide attacks and ran into Garp or Shanks? Can't really see much chance of it being Dragon tbh.

I lean towards Yamato waiting for him because of either something he learned from Oden, or because he met Ace when Ace was in Wano, but there's quite a few ways this can go.
Same thought.

"Long time"

I would prefer if it's due oden or simply newspaper about Luffy progress.

I would not even care if it's Ace related.

Now that I think about it, Perospero probably has the rest of the Big Mom Pirates encompassed in his Sea Slug, and he's bringing them with him. Kind of a nod to Dragon Ball Z and Majin Buu, but in this case the candy has "eaten" the people.
It would be far more logical and better writing than him being alone, there have already been too many absurd obstacles to prevent the BMP from coming to Wano as they should have a long time ago even without their captain and mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.