Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea denjiro was non canon in the opening to...oh wait lmao ok we done
That's just the opening, stop being a fucking anime wanker. There are plenty of times the anime fucked up, and changed stuff from the manga.

There is no point in arguing with you because you are clearly an anime wanker that defends everything they do.

I like the anime but not everything they show is canon, and they even change stuff from the manga sometimes.

i probably shouldn't be barging into this debate, but i do believe color schemes in the anime are usually from Oda himself.

for example, Queen was revealed to have blonde hair in manga Volume 93 cover way before his debut in the anime, and the anime has him blonde too, so it's fair to assume that the anime staff consult Oda about character colors, especially for Wano which he wishes to make as colorful as possible:

there however are some unusual exceptions of colors being decided by the anime before Oda, like Kuma originally wearing orange in the manga instead of black in the anime, and Mihawk having red eyes in the manga instead of yellow ones in the anime. not sure about those.

i probably shouldn't be barging into this debate, but i do believe color schemes in the anime are usually from Oda himself.

for example, Queen was revealed to have blonde hair in manga Volume 93 cover way before his debut in the anime, and the anime has him blonde too, so it's fair to assume that the anime staff consult Oda about character colors, especially for Wano which he wishes to make as colorful as possible:

there however are some unusual exceptions of colors being decided by the anime before Oda, like Kuma originally wearing orange in the manga instead of black in the anime, and Mihawk having red eyes in the manga instead of yellow ones in the anime. not sure about those.
God if Oda looks back in life and regrets his decisions I will be so fucking glad, god damn idiot.

yeah it's been recently discovered by scientists and paleontologists that Spinosaurs used to have fin-like tails instead of lizard-y ones like rest of Dinosaurs, due to the species being semi-aquatic.
Shit, that's pretty cool.

Even more so that Oda's decision to have DF's take away ones ability to swim was an absolute mistake, especially about a Manga with Pirates.

• Happy father's day to both Pound and Kaido!! Capone as well. What a nice day for them to star in a chapter.

• So funny to see Page One's tail become scientifically accurate. Is Oda giving X-Drake feathers next?

• Ulti is not using CoC. No fodder was knocked out foaming at the mouth, no third person is there to tell us this is a CoC clash as it happened in every other instance except Yonko splitting the sky. Black lightning was unleashed when Sabo clashed with Burgess, when RS Sanji kicked Page One, when Oden slashes armies of fodder, when Yamato clubbed Ulti this chapter.

• No translation has mentioned Yamato saying something similar to "Take me out to sea, Luffy". Right now, we have no idea what his motivations are. He could have been waiting for Luffy for a number of reasons. He may just want to back Luffy fighting Kaido.

• I counted wrong. The last chapter of this volume is most likely 985, but still a small chance it's 984. It's very hard to go a non-flashback chapter without Luffy, so I'm still expecting a lot more Yamato next chapter, possibly his real appearance.
If Perospero is carrying everyone inside his slug, I take back any disrespect. Sometimes I also get the feeling Oda wishes he made Perospero the #2 commander instead of Smoothie. A YC2 threatening three YC1s is actually a threat I can take seriously. Peros just gets such a stunning amount of screen time and relevance for falling behind Snack. He got the only kill in Whole Cake Island and was there to control Hungry Big Mom and stop her from drowning in the sea.
I'm kinda curious what Oven did to Pound. His collar bone doesn't have any problems. Seems like he took some damage in his cheek. The biggest wound I can see is his stomach. No cut off arms or legs clearly. Maybe Oven tried to perform Wano-style seppuku on his body.
Protecting the prostitutes Kaido may have forced to work for his crew sounded like the return of chivalrous gallant Sanji. This translation severely hurts his cause.
Step aside Big Father, this father's day belongs to the Brachio tank. Chopper and Usopp have a bruise, but the tank is still in tip top shape. Now I want to see General Franky vs Big Father in a duel of titans.
Could Momo just transform into a Dragon and slip out from those chains? The dragon has much smaller arms than Momo so it's harder to bind him down. Momo could come through on his promise to escape on his own. Don't forget the dragon can create clouds and escape through the sky. A blast of CoC would also be nice to stop the fodder from shooting at him.
Very funny these literal bug people had their dreams squashed by Kaido and then were added to his collection. This would have been much more impactful if it was delivered by Apoo who, for all intents and purposes, seems to have given up on achieving greatness and settled in Kaido's hierarchy for about a year now. Or even just to show Apoo is at a low then he changes his mind and decides to continue the Worst Gen path by joining the fight against Kaido. Makes me think Apoo has a plan and hasn't exactly given up.
Weird how human Dino Ulti's hands are here. That's the only way to convince me a Dinosaur with claws has superior grip capabilities than Hybrid Ulti. Might as well just call this Ulti's second hybrid form, her hair even changes color in this one! Remember Rob Lucci had two hybrid forms, one for power and one for speed, so it would further show how much Ulti has mastered her power.

Oda teasing us with the Ult-meteor and the uselesss hybrid form. Obviously Ulti's not done fighting in Wano. Whether she gets up because Yamato is a nice guy who held back with his non-spiked club or Ulti has Zoan Awakening is anyone's guess. Remember Queen recovered his concious moments after being smacked by the mighty O-Lin, but he has a very high chance of being Awakened.
Luffy has only been famous between two to three years. 4 years if he learned it from Ace. That's not "a very long time" for Yamato. What an interesting statement to make.

The only way this makes sense is if Yamato connected the dots between Joy Boy and Luffy, seeing has as how Dragon and Garp have never been to Wano. Not even half the readers have connected Luffy to Joy Boy yet. If that's how it is, it would have been hilarious if Yamato thought Kid was the next Joy Boy and constantly gets disappointment by his streaks of cruelty. Like everyone else, I assume it all just ties back to Oden somehow.

I'm really starting to entertain the possibility that Yamato's mother is Toki given that he seems to have some sort of premonitions of things that might happen and the reason for that is someone is telling him.
Eh, I think there is no other possibility. Could also be that Yamato is a third child of Oden and Toki and that Kaidou just adopted and raised him, thinking he could grow up to be a strong fighter like Oden was and become a great asset for his crew. And Toki didn't accompany Momo into the future because she was pregnant and needed Yamato to grow up normally to help Luffy fight Kaidou. Just don't think Toki was killed. I think she still lives somewhere in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.