Votes: 5 20.0%

Votes: 3 12.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we jump on this, I want to explain that this is a catch-22.

Why?

If Luka is scum and this message is from Town:
1. Whoever did this should have been far more careful delivering a message. It's too similar to the earlier frame message - the ominous end note creates suspicion and only further hurts town consensus later on if the direction changes.
For example, if Town decides to prioritize another scumread for XYZ reasons dus to mech, some other town will be deadset on a Luka lynch today. Which is not a bad thing! But it decreases flexibility.

2. Scumka would not be shaking in his boots with this. You're essentially giving him a starting point where he can easily find a way to lynch someone else and take advantage of the noise. He still has a mate that might be cemented in the thread and widely town read which makes a pre-planned lynch difficult, especially if the mate has major town credibility.

3. Several questions that can't easily be answered: What purpose does this really even serve? Why did someone send a message like this to begin with? What is the reason for it being so vague?

4. The upside to this it makes me think this ability is night only. We can narrow down some things with it and figure out more mech. Thanks, I think.

5. It may imply there's mech info on Luka that damns him.

The flip side if he's scum:

1. The previous (assuming I am correct about his play) frame message with Luka makes me think this is a message from scum, not town.
This is similar from earlier. The other message put Luka's trademark in there and ended on a strange note for Charlie, hinting at his brutal demise.

This is primarily due to the fact most Town (I hope) would rarely send ominous messages like these - they hold little value. It banks on Luka and scum reacting out of panic trying to divert the lynch. We do not know what lies ahead.

This is a weak tactic to play as Town; a strong tactic to play as Scum.

2. I imagine most town would simply share relevant mechanical information.
If the message came from Town, this is not usual Townplay. If it was, there would be more elements to it like elaborating on Luka's position. It's just a vague message that doesn't give any real input. Why is it there? Do we think Scumka would really be shaking in his boots?

3. Back to mechanical results: Destructive and deflective abilities can take care of him if there's major suspicion placed on his slot. There's no point using a message like this - I'd wager many people are placing harmful actions on him this phase regardless, some perhaps even bypassing any sort of protection he might have.

4. This in some sense is supposed to be read as a way to reaffirm our position on his slot being scum. Tonally, there's a lot wrong with this and hints at a manipulative way to gain ground.

5. Jesse was lynched yesterday. This means their numbers are incredibly low. From a scum POV, they need to find a way to gain advantage over the narrative. This points toward a potential motive.

Out of everyone, Luka had gathered an incredible amount of suspicion even with players that originally read him as town. If he somehow has protective abilities or scum used redirects on harmful actions toward him from town players, another dilemma has occured here.

BASICALLY
I'm mostly hung up on the ominous tone and the previous message to frame.

I think Luka wouldn't go for a "I'm not dumb" excuse to skate on through as scum. He's more experienced than that.

But traditionally speaking, he reads as scum and there's been a few ruh roh moments. A lot of dichotomy.

It may just be a scum message toward the red team from Cake, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.