Votes: 3 12.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have sold 10 townies for 2 more Blue’s to grant my wishes lol
He made me a tree stump (extremely pro town), gave Ratchet 1x super bullet proof, sped up Ratchet’s results that caught RA as Yoho’s killer, and granted Flower double action
Regardless of what he did do, these dynamics of indie circle jerking make playing somewhat insufferable

Especially when the host recycles these roles between the same players

And then doesn't let me kill them no matter how many restrictions I put in my role

Like, the fact that Blue actually won is penultimate deterministic play - he won because host wanted him to win by design. Fuji nerfed my role far too much for "neutral" indies l, because these are party favors more than roles.

Contribute to an overall play environment dictated by sucking off who got the special roles and not thread play. Think that's true I SRM in general but games like these make me not want to play - I think my reads were pretty on point this game but 99% of thread content was circular discussion for 5 players, Indi welfare queening, etc. No threadplay from majority of mafia or town.

The indie secret club acts as the icing on the cake

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Regardless of what he did do, these dynamics of indie circle jerking make playing somewhat insufferable

Especially when the host recycles these roles between the same players

And then doesn't let me kill them no matter how many restrictions I put in my role

Like, the fact that Blue actually won is penultimate deterministic play - he won because host wanted him to win by design. Fuji nerfed my role far too much for "neutral" indies l, because these are party favors more than roles.

Contribute to an overall play environment dictated by sucking off who got the special roles and not thread play. Think that's true I SRM in general but games like these make me not want to play - I think my reads were pretty on point this game but 99% of thread content was circular discussion for 5 players, Indi welfare queening, etc. No threadplay from mafia or the majority of town.
I mean, technically if you really wanted to make him lose it would have required killing him before Odd and then killing Ratchet the day Blue was killed (once the role was passed along). It was achievable

Anyway the thread content issue of only 5 players playing was frustrating. Unfortunately we can’t make other players play when they won’t (I really wish I could and tried lol)

When it comes to indies, for me it’s a case by case basis. My concern is winning and me/Ratchet correctly made the call that Blue was objectively helpful to us in getting that this game. Odd I felt was a waste of time to deal with but wasn’t useful so didn’t mind seeing him go.

Most of the time I’m not that worried about killing D1 claimed indies asap and wasting days lynching bc more often than not it’s not the best move. (I felt like town spending days lynching the team azula indies in Avatar aided mafia team’s victory. If they left them alone to lynch scum + azula i think they’re in a better place that game)

I think people obsessing over Blue this game made him a way bigger point of discussion than he would have been. The “indie wank” is exasperated when people are pouring an inordinate about of focus into them and making them the #1 talking point (when they could have just been existing in the background here)

I think there’s just a fundamental disagreement in strategy lol.

I don’t think lynching survivors and McMuffins is a good idea unless you find yourself in a very niche circumstance. If I think they’re lying and secretly hostile then yeah let’s get them lol.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I mean, technically if you really wanted to make him lose it would have required killing him before Odd and then killing Ratchet the day Blue was killed (once the role was passed along). It was achievable

Anyway the thread content issue of only 5 players playing was frustrating. Unfortunately we can’t make other players play when they won’t (I really wish I could and tried lol)

When it comes to indies, for me it’s a case by case basis. My concern is winning and me/Ratchet correctly made the call that Blue was objectively helpful to us in getting that this game. Odd I felt was a waste of time to deal with but wasn’t useful so didn’t mind seeing him go.

Most of the time I’m not that worried about killing D1 claimed indies asap and wasting days lynching bc more often than not it’s not the best move. (I felt like town spending days lynching the team azula indies in Avatar aided mafia team’s victory. If they left them alone to lynch scum + azula i think they’re in a better place that game)

I think people obsessing over Blue this game made him a way bigger point of discussion than he would have been. The “indie wank” is exasperated when people are pouring an inordinate about of focus into them and making them the #1 talking point (when they could have just been existing in the background here)
stop,, town always makes their entire point of existence to make some indie win, they're never in the background

stop,, town always makes their entire point of existence to make some indie win, they're never in the background
Bc people drag them into the forefront. The people trying to lynch the McMuffin indie are the ones who force them into the forefront lol.

You want to know how often I talked about Blue this game? Only when I was telling people to stop worrying about him and try to lynch mafia lol. If they would just try to lynch mafia and keep their eyes on the prize he wouldn’t come up much

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰

Alrighty let's complement.

Anti indie roles might just be one of the... less marginally benefical roles ever made in Mafia. First and foremost not all indies are gonna be a detriment to Town or Mafia for that matter (see survivor), making those type of roles redundant and a -1/vanilla role in an otherwise RM/SRM role.

Secondly, even if we entertain the scenario where hostile indies exist it's hardly beneficial to Town, if at all. Exemplfiying:

We have 27 players; 20 Town, 7 hostiles players to Town. 6 are scum and 1 is SK. 19 of those 20 Town roles have abilities that universally work in all roles. It works on Town, Mafia and indies. The benefits are clearly obvious. However, a specific anti indie role will make it useless on Mafia, meaning that that role is only able to affect 1/7th of its wincon, so it's a basically useless role that can barely help Town win as it can't affect the bigger obstacle to Town winning (Mafia), completely different from normal Town roles that can affect all roles regardless of alignment. This is aking to make a anti GF role that only works on GF. It only gives marginal benefits to help achieve Town's wincon.

Veredict: Anti Indie roles are one of the less useful roles ever thought and barely beneficial to furthering Town's wincon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.