Current Events So why didn’t Oda just have Brannew say that…

He literally did, he said he's the strongest swordsman right after saying he has more skill than Shanks.
He literally didn't, being stronger swordsman and being stronger are 2 different things.

Pica used sword vs Zolo first, then he dropped his sword and focused on his Haki only, and thats fodder Pica trying that, whose Haki wasn't even highlighted like Vergo before.

Shanks's Haki gets hyped almost every single time he appears, only a moron would deny Shanks doesn't have better Haki than Mihawk, if he does the same thing that fodder Pica tried, Shanks would smash Mihawk without needing sword skill. And for sure, Shanks's Kamusari doesn't cut, and Shanks wouldn't really need a sword to replicate same feats. And same Kamusari style user Roger, wasn't WGS despite being PK and equal of WB.

Also, both Alber and Zolo confirmed using sword doesn't make someone a swordsman too. Shanks can be like Alber, no one says he couldn't.

Shanks literally says he doesn't play by the ''rules''.

He did
Post automatically merged:

He literally didn't, being stronger swordsman and being stronger are 2 different things.

Pica used sword vs Zolo first, then he dropped his sword and focused on his Haki only, and thats fodder Pica trying that, whose Haki wasn't even highlighted like Vergo before.

Shanks's Haki gets hyped almost every single time he appears, only a moron would deny Shanks doesn't have better Haki than Mihawk, if he does the same thing that fodder Pica tried, Shanks would smash Mihawk without needing sword skill.

Also, both Alber and Zolo confirmed using sword doesn't make someone a swordsman too. Shanks can be like Alber, no one says he couldn't.

Shanks literally says he doesn't play by the ''rules''.

Does Shiryu play by the rules or hyouzou or Hachi? Shut up clown

What tf is a 'Pure Swordsman'? Why would Brannew compare the sword skills of Mihawk with a non-swordsman Shanks lmfaooo?
Someone who limits themselves to fighting with swords and nothing else.

Because Shanks can still be very skilled at swordsmanship despite not being a pure swordsman.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
We literally only have 3 panels of Shanks in action, and he was far from going all out in all 3 of them. Let’s wait and see Shanks get in an actual serious fight before acting like we know everything about how he fights.
Funnily enough we have seen even less of Mihawk lmfao

We already saw Shanks' Signature Attack, his equivalent of "Ikoku" or "Thunder Bagua" or "Galaxy Impact".

He literally did, he said he's the strongest swordsman right after saying he has more skill than Shanks.
But saying "strongest swordsman" would be enough. That would have done the job if Oda wants to tell us that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks. But did Oda have to add this "swords skill" part?
Did Oda want to make it ambigious so he keeps people guessing?
If I were the author, and if I wanted to make it clear that Mihawk is stronger in this chapter, I would just say "Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, period." No sword skill bullshittery. The fact that Oda put that there is suspicious, don't you think?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
So that shanks vs mihawk debate keeps on going. Simple as that.
Exactly this.

This is the out of universe reason why Brannew didn't make a concrete statement like "Mihawk outclasses Shanks in both skill and power" or something else.

Though... the fact that Brannew said Mihawk exceeds him in sword skill, and then immediately brings up the WSS title should say a lot.....

Funnily enough we have seen even less of Mihawk lmfao

We already saw Shanks' Signature Attack, his equivalent of "Ikoku" or "Thunder Bagua" or "Galaxy Impact".
Difference is that Mihawk literally has to be a pure swordsman for narrative purposes. Shanks’s fighting style can be whatever Oda wants it to be. In fact, it would be kinda out of character for Shanks to lock himself into a rigid fighting style.

But saying "strongest swordsman" would be enough. That would have done the job if Oda wants to tell us that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks. But did Oda have to add this "swords skill" part?
Did Oda want to make it ambigious so he keeps people guessing?
If I were the author, and if I wanted to make it clear that Mihawk is stronger in this chapter, I would just say "Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, period." No sword skill bullshittery. The fact that Oda put that there is suspicious, don't you think?
Sigh Sure buddy.