Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1101 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion doesnt matter. It doesn't become a retcon just because you write it. Cry harder.
There aspect that get retcon for sure but this is a weekly manga so that would have happen for sure .
Nika is joyboy and we know since this finish man island , so i like WTF when Oda expand it and people like this recton when did not know shit in the first place.

Sensui was done kinda dusty. He was becoming my favourite villain but all of a sudden he gets beaten like a fodder. Imagine Gear 5 but worse and the fight gets done in two minutes.
Honestly Mazoku Yusuke I thought was pretty hype and let’s be fair that one scene is probably one of the most influential on shonen anime. Like that ending is probably what brought about another one of my favorite fights:
Hollow Ichigo vs Byakuya

Yeah, I didn't like that Yusuke was Raizen's descendant and got all that power from him, like he was the chosen one.
This chosen one plot device is so outdated that it's very boring, but it's funny how every shounen still uses it, even One Piece.
Never said anything about chosen one. I love stories about fate. Every folklore and scripture of my religion talks about fate and destiny. If I believe in fate, why would I hate it in stories?

What was bad about that fight was how it was implemented. Yusuke suddenly dies, and he is revived because of past 1000th generation old demon lord? And Sensui can't even scratch Yusuke anymore? What happened to the conclusion of his character arc? The seven split personalities and him hating the human species for their deeds? Nothing gets resolved.

Toguro's character arc actually gets resolved in the final fight with Yusuke, with how he finds his wish of finding someone equal to him in his journey of being the strongest. Where is Sensui's conclusion?

No offense to Scotch, but that first line is a little difficult to understand. Is it that Dragon disappears when the RA is in Goa and is seen watching Luffy from afar? Or did Kuma himself see Luffy and then arrive at the conclusion that he's Dragon's son?
I think someone just translated it with google translate not something... :kayneshrug:

Yeah, I didn't like that Yusuke was Raizen's descendant and got all that power from him, like he was the chosen one.
This chosen one plot device is so outdated that it's very boring, but it's funny how every shounen still uses it, even One Piece.
I mean you see shit in light novels , seinen , Shoju and josei and other fiction stories.
After thousands of years of fiction and writing people still doing chosen one shit one way or the other .

People are going all kinds of insane over the age age fruit abilities

and this is just going to be an adult bonney that kinda looks like the Nika in her picture book

Sorry for butting in gentlemen, but I believe Oda planned sun god Nika for decades. Hate self promo, but here was something interesting that I found some months ago.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/luffys-mythical-zoan-foreshadowed.42201/

don't laugh at me.

:catcry:
I not sure how long he plan it for but joyboy \Nika was always going to be big aspect of the manga .
But luffy going do his own thing while taking out other pirates \WG and nika\joy won't mean shit to him but it will to other people .

Status
Not open for further replies.