Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1101 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
destiny might be real, theres no way to prove or disprove that as far as we know, but if that person is gonna be speaking so surely about it being real, then im gonna do the same for my belief because im too lazy to write more neutrally

I don’t need to deny it lol, our lives are not written in stone
You can believe that. But there are most things in life you can't control. Even most of your personality traits are hereditary and only few of them influenced by your environment.

Fate and agency is basically nature vs nurture

It is overused in manga especially. And it gets another layer of bad on it when the underdog scrappy MC is proven to be an overpowered and gene fueled plot device destined for greatness no matter what.

All their previous struggles lose a bit (or a lot) of impact because of the, usually late, Destined One reveal.
Thing OP was never that type manga from early we found out luffy special and grew and grew and grew.
I always lol at people think Luffy or the SH underdog scrappy MC unless you talking power for certain events.
Fucking nami is genius , Zoro and Sanji are monster ( sanji being genius cook ) Ussop father one is one best snipers in whole OP world .
Chopper learn how to be doctor from on best in the world , there only power were power scaling and there monster at that also lool .

You can believe that. But there are most things in life you can't control. Even most of your personality traits are hereditary and only few of them influenced by your environment.

Fate and agency is basically nature vs nurture
most personality traits are hereditary? sure...
and fate isnt the same as there being things you cant control, so stop acting like it is

That's just life bro.
Sometimes you are lucky enough to live a full life, sometimes you are unlucky enough to die of cancer in your 20s.
Life is full of randomness. And fate isn't real.
Those things are not "random" brother. Everything happens for a reason. Luck is also part of fate.
Not everything is predetermined, but a lot of things are.

I've never understood the hate over chosen one trope? Like what is bad about it? It is engrained in the culture of human history and some of it is even real. There have been people in the past with abilities beyond that of a normal person. Fate is literally real and some people luck into things and become successful while some people work their hardest but never make it. Is it just the denial of fate and destiny as a concept?
I mean yeah there are people who believe in "the secret", so why not fate? or luck? or magic?
Post automatically merged:

One Piece downfall is really sad
says a man who keeps refreshing the spoiler thread every 10 seconds /j

Thing OP was never that type manga from early we found out luffy special and grew and grew and grew.
I always lol at people think Luffy or the SH underdog scrappy MC unless you talking power for certain events.
Fucking nami is genius , Zoro and Sanji are monster ( sanji being genius cook ) Ussop father one is one best snipers in whole OP world .
Chopper learn how to be doctor from on best in the world , there only power were power scaling and there monster at that also lool .
Nah Luffy wasn't presented as special beyond having Inherited Roger's will all the way up until his encounter with Aokiji where we hear his grandpa is a big deal. And then his grandpa is revealed, and his dad too (all big shots).

And then Fishman Island comes and boom Joyboy connection. And then Wano the Nika fruit.

the things that we cant control are as such because of our abilities, traits and the circumstances of the world around us, all of which are subject to being altered, not because it was always meant to be that way or some shit

I know what you're getting at and I agree - Inherited Will has been a part of One Piece since chapter 1

And it worked like a charm imo until we started getting 1:1 parallels of Joyboy to Luffy, and then the Nika fruit reveal.

Luffy inheriting Roger's will (and even Joyboy's) but being his own character and no forced parallels being introduced would have been more accepted imo.

But Oda went too hard on it and made a goofy rubber kid way too special and gifted when the original premise was that he Inherited the Will of these people, not their personalities and/or powers
I strongly disagree. The concept of fate has grown gradually over the years and it's just a matter of preference/belief in fate in the Nika and Joyboy stuff. People who don't believe in fate will never like G5 but people who believe in it will like it.

I don’t need to deny it lol, our lives are not written in stone
people need answers, they'd rather believe fairy tales and magic and accept the things that happen to them as "fate" or "bad karma from past life" or "gods plan", than live in constant uncertainty about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.