ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1101: DEAR BONNEY

RATE THE CHAPTER

• Total voters
Reminder that this is also Nika's powers in action:

Bonney's Distorted Future so far is perfectly in line with what that does and how it looks (with an even bigger hand in fact). Her panel time and imagination has just been more limited than Gear 5s for now, but she has Gear 5's full potential.

She hasn't affected he surroundings with her powers yet, though, but that was also not part of Kuma's explanation of Nika's powers, so it seems like her transformation is literally just "how she imagines the powers to be" rather than an actual timeline jump.

This was an unexpectedly good chapter :getnappaed:
Kuma is not a spineless idiot after all, he uses his position to go easy on the pirates he's defeated and even gets treatment for their wounded.:finally:
And Conney is MVP. She's the las character I expected to have so much focus and plot relevance.
Let's see what other things Bonney's fruit lets her do. I get the impression that it's not a real age fruit after all🤔maybe it too had its name changed by the government?

She imagined a future where her bodies rubber like Nika, and then uses Gear 3. That's exactly how her fruit works
Calling that gear 3 is like calling some mid ass people doing sword moves that cut a building or some shit and say it like Zoro moves.
That shit not even quarter of the size of gear 3 punch .
Redon over hype shit when all bonny did was making her hand bigger like she made her body bigger during the chapter.

Given Oda added the supernova as a last minute addition, did he change Kuma backstory too or Bonney was always someone he wanted to create even outside of the other SN ?
It's probably an influx kinda deal.

Oda clearly has designs and ideas that get turned around.

A proto-Boa Hancock was one of the first concept art we saw for One Piece, even though she didn't properly appear until the 400s

You can also see a Hawkins design in the concept art for the Warlords.

Kuma's concept design is a Prototype of Golden Lion Shiki.

Bonney might have been a design or idea that Oda had on hand that he threw into the Supernova

Someone with an actual dream to fit with the other dreamers. Currently Sabos the only character that fits but I’m open to other possibilities.

Bonney and Yamato just aren’t dreamers. They don’t have a goal or dream
I'm 99% sure that Oda came up with Bonney's backstory very recently because it seems like a continuation of Yamato's story.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I doubt it, to be honest.

No dream to be completed at the end of the series or job. Also the narrative is going for her and her father to be together again in some way. Unless Kuma dies and they need something at One Piece to bring him back I don't see her in the crew. A Ally is more probable, in my opinion.
Aye my personal bias aside I think fellas are settin themselves up to get toweled again with Bonney

Main part being that Kuma has to die and be unable to be brought back with the memory bubble. That's Bonney's main motivation for sailing and her dream is to travel the world with her father. So as long as he is alive they are not going to split up again

Though I think there is something else to consider even if Kuma dies and that is Bonney being set-up to have anti-WG motivations

Her parents were Revos and both were taken away from her because of the WG, she also has the friendships with Vegapunk and Sentomaru who were both hurt by the WG

If Kuma dies she is gonna want to get revenge on the WG like she wanted revenge on VP before she learned the truth and the best path for that is through the Revos as that is their main goal.

The Straw Hats are probably gonna end up bein the main push behind the system crumbling but it is not something they're activley aiming for like with the One Piece. Something which Bonney has shown no interest in so far.

Joinin the Revos fits more with her character and motivations compared to the SHs.

Nah Bonneys backstory was alluded to back in Marineford. Bonney and Kumas connection was planned well before oda thought of Yamato probably.
Their connection was planned but the illness, her being locked up and wanting to leave seem new.
???

How are they remotely alike other than being stuck somewhere?
This is where they are similar . It feels as if Oda has split the story of the girl who's somehow confined to her home/island and wants to set sail to have a great adventure between Carrot, Yamato and now Bonney, writing the former 2 out of the story for undisclosed reasons.

Reminder that this is also Nika's powers in action:

Bonney's Distorted Future so far is perfectly in line with what that does and how it looks (with an even bigger hand in fact). Her panel time and imagination has just been more limited than Gear 5s for now, but she has Gear 5's full potential.

She hasn't affected he surroundings with her powers yet, though, but that was also not part of Kuma's explanation of Nika's powers, so it seems like her transformation is literally just "how she imagines the powers to be" rather than an actual timeline jump.
I mean, chopper can do that to

Chopper can even create a giant arm via monster point

imo there’s still no evidence she can actually use rubber.

Calling that gear 3 is like calling some mid ass people doing sword moves that cut a building or some shit and say it like Zoro moves.
Redon over hype shit when all bonny did was making her hand bigger like she made her body bigger during the chapter.
She a child, doing crazy stuff

The way I see it, if she can picture her future self having Nika's powers just by having heard about Nika once (or size changing powers) her adult size can potentially have Big Mom's haki.
When she doing the move she already age up her self to adult side .
When look at the pics it's her hand bigger but body is in adult form .
When she that age for real maybe she will get haki or before but no where BM.
She was monster at birth and Oda funny when it comes giving out haki .

It was Gear 3, made more evident when it comes straight after imagining herself to be like Nika. The size don't matter and isn't the point, it was like Gear 3 I.e. similar and nothing more.
What's redon got to do with anything? The chapters right there for anyone to read.

Aye my personal bias aside I think fellas are settin themselves up to get toweled again with Bonney

Main part being that Kuma has to die and be unable to be brought back with the memory bubble. That's Bonney's main motivation for sailing and her dream is to travel the world with her father. So as long as he is alive they are not going to split up again

Though I think there is something else to consider even if Kuma dies and that is Bonney being set-up to have anti-WG motivations

Her parents were Revos and both were taken away from her because of the WG, she also has the friendships with Vegapunk and Sentomaru who were both hurt by the WG

If Kuma dies she is gonna want to get revenge on the WG like she wanted revenge on VP before she learned the truth and the best path for that is through the Revos as that is their main goal.

The Straw Hats are probably gonna end up bein the main push behind the system crumbling but it is not something they're activley aiming for like with the One Piece. Something which Bonney has shown no interest in so far.

Joinin the Revos fits more with her character and motivations compared to the SHs.
Yeah the Bonney for nakama group are setting themselves up for failure. Even if Kuma fully dies this arc Bonney joining a group who isn’t even planning on fighting the WG makes zero sense.

She a child, doing crazy stuff
That the things she not a child , she in full adult form doing that punch .
Don't get me wrong it impressive for 10 year old but it's not 10 year old doing the move it adult bonny .
It like opposite of suger where she can't go grow pass a kid and her DF broken until haki nerf .

So now, I wonder if ghe huge ball of memories that Kuma left was the memories of all those letters Bonney never could read owww.

So Bonnet read or lived the moments when Kuma was writing all those letters she never had 😵‍💫🤧🥲🥲. No wonder why she was crying a lot and knew Vegapunk helped Kumma all he could.