Current Events So why didn’t Oda just have Brannew say that…

The difference between Mihawk v Shanks & Whitebeard v Roger, is that the latter were said to be able to put up a fight against each other, even though WB had the WSM title & was ultimately stronger.

Whereas no such thing was ever said or even hinted at with the former. Its always been, 2 former rivals (past tense) & Mihawk being superior to Shanks in every sense of the word (present tense).

You are so dumb that you are unable to follow your own reasoning. You were the one that claimed that we can just look at enemies that the student defeated to know the strength of the master. Even acted as if bounties mattered as if Buggy is a badass.

To make it easier for a retard, like you, to understand: use a better example, animal. Only a shit character always remains weaker than his master and claiming that every enemy is weaker than a master when the master never showed anything on this level is moronic. Now try to think a little and maybe your stupid ass will understand some day. Maybe...

Yeah, I know. He asks why he would challenge Shanks after he lost his arm. That was the reason for the second question after the one you quoted.

Since you usually debate in good faith, my reasoning is actually very simple: if Mihawk was clearly the better swordsman and won against
Shanks in their bouts it would be clear in the dialogue. Even assuming that he is actually serious that Shanks is not on his level anymore, this still implies that he was good enough to have a advantage in whatever way they choose to keep the score (it can very well be that some of their bouts were like Gay vs kakashi level of bullshit). The question by itself was: if Shanks was weaker than Mihawk when they fought, why the dialogue shows Mihawk as the challenger? Specially because Mihawk never sugarcoat anything.

That was basically the challenge
No you brainless shit eating time wasting little donkey

The fact that you mentioned zeff tells me your brain is full of lotion tissues and dog shit while your diet only consists of toilet water and dirt you lick off of windows.

All of Zoros feats and Odens feats can be scaled to Mihawk because they are two pure blood swordsmen who have not accomplished the strength of the strongest.

Zoro unlocked his advanced CoC and stomped King who admirals can't beat without cheating and neither can they beat Marco and the reasoning for Zoro being able to unlock one of the strongest CoC in the series was his ambition of becoming stronger than Mihawk one day.

Which if you understand the basic concept of 2+2 = 4 then the fact that Zoros CoC is that strong and it is still getting stronger and stronger than Mihawks CoC is much stronger and if Zoro can stomp strongest YC1 who is damn near admiral level himself, then Mihawk can stomp an admiral because Zoro is still getting stronger and stronger until he finally gets as strong as Mihawk.

And Mihawks bounty directly applies to his strength because the REASONING for his bounty is that he is stronger than Shanks and stronger than every swordsman.

He can become Yonko anytime..he had to Yonko title he gave it to a clown.

Shanks Haki was never strong enough to make a black blade and make a WSS.

Reasoning for Shanks bounty was his strong crew and famous commander and he barely have 4 Billion bounty.

If Mihawk took that lowly yonko title and killed buggy..his bounty would automatically be 5 Billion because without being a leader of the crew his bounty is nearly 4 Billion.

That all tells us Mihawk is stronger than ever Roger and Whitebeard much less Shanks.

And you can keep bringing Vista to give yourself satisfaction because admirals are actually canonically embarrassed by commanders while Mihawk was day dreaming against Vista.

Sad that you are unable to follow a basic line of reasoning. I recommend that you read it two or three times. I think even a retard like you can understand if you think hard enough what this phrase mean: Using the student strength as a tool to measure a master strength is dumb since the same logic can apply even to a weaker master like with Sanji's.

And Mihawks bounty directly applies to his strength because the REASONING for his bounty is that he is stronger than Shanks and stronger than every swordsman
By the same guy that stated that Buggy is a genious jester that uses his charisma and strength to keep Mihawk and Croc in line. Cherry picking statements from a unreliable narrator is dumb even for you.

Try to think a little. I believe in you!

By the same guy that stated that Buggy is a genious jester that uses his charisma and strength to keep Mihawk and Croc in line. Cherry picking statements from a unreliable narrator is dumb even for you.
Yes while Buggys bounty is the meme his bounty is solely because he can get Mihawk on board..they don't know Mihawk is the one who is using him.

Anybody who can have Mihawk working under him is automatically a yonko..Mihawk can grab random goon off the street and make him a yonko..that's how far beneath yonko title is under him.

But Mihawks bounty is straight up for his strength and that is not a meme bounty

Yes while Buggys bounty is the meme his bounty is solely because he can get Mihawk on board..they don't know Mihawk is the one who is using him.

Anybody who can have Mihawk working under him is automatically a yonko..Mihawk can grab random goon off the street and make him a yonko..that's how far beneath yonko title is under him.

But Mihawks bounty is straight up for his strength and that is not a meme bounty
Cherry picking is a awesome drug.

Shame. I had so much hope.

But that's ok. You must be pretty strong if we go by stereotypes.

Have a wonderful day.

I feel like this is another another Shanks isn't a swordsman thread.

Why didn’t Brannew just say that “Hawk Eyes is even stronger than Red Hair!” His job was to hype up Mihawk to justify his bounty. Surely saying that Mihawk is just straight up stronger than Shanks would be more hype than just saying that Mihawk exceeds Shanks only in sword skill?
The manga doesn't need to tell us Mihawk is stronger than Shanks when his WSS title does that for him. I don't understand why some fans continue to overlook that. It makes me more sense to say Mihawk is the WSS than it does it name every swords he's stronger than.

The manga telling us Mihawk has greater sword skill than Shanks is the manga explaining why Mihawk is stronger than Shanks. It's no different than saying fighting skills. The manga just used sword skills because they are swordsman.

Mihawk is strong because of his fighting/combat skills and strength. Swords skills includes every power, skill, ability, and technique someone would use for fighting and combat.

Because Mihawk isn’t stronger than Shanks. Saying “sword skill” is an obvious indicator that Mihawk isn’t stronger in general. “Sword skill” is very intentional and direct.

Because Mihawk isn’t stronger than Shanks. Saying “sword skill” is an obvious indicator that Mihawk isn’t stronger in general. “Sword skill” is very intentional and direct.
but before shanks lost his arm he and mihawk used to duel frequently, wouldn't shanks be weaker now?

Not him, but: Mihawk was the one that acted as the challenger. Your argument just proves that Shanks was superior since he acted as the champion being challenged.

You almost got it. I can say that Mihawk was a fodder because of Vista and have more panel confirmation than anything could say about Zeff (just look where Sanji ended with just Zeff's training and no buffs like better equipment like Zoro).

The point is: Using the feats of a student to hype the master is stupid. Cherry picking isn't a good argument.
The fuck dude. Zeff never trained Sanji during the ts and Sanji was still a fodder until judges genes kicked in.