Controversial Whats a moment you wish did/didnt happen

I wish did happen - Kaido/BM getting awakenings + Better Kaido Flashback

I wish didn’t happen - Oden "one shotting" dragon Kaido. Seeing how ridiculous Kaido's endurance was , it feels BS oden almost defeated Kaido with only one attack.

Did happen: If we are talking about one specific moment then it was kinemon not dieing after kaido's headshot. Seriously kinemon's death by kaido would make the arc sooooooo much better for so many reasons. That moment was basically the lowest point one piece ever had been for me.
Didnt happen: in general i dont expect things to happen, i just follow the flow of the story but if i were to choose, i would say it was orochi being orochi as we never got the the high level battle between 2 great swordsmen(shogun vs zoro) IN THE LAND OF SWORDSMEN.

Wish had happened- BM dying by hunger at the end of WCI after creating a huge world disaster with her powers. The story itself would not change and we would have a cleaner version of Wano without the plot holes and forced stupidity to make possible for her to lose.

Wish didn't happen- Wano. If I have to choose a specific event in wano? Nika. The Nika retcon is something that still don't make sense (gomu gomu had nothing to do with zoan), made the WG and gorosei stupid, forced the inclusion of it in every place to try to justify it's existence and was ultimately just a last hurrah to save a shit arc. The overall world of One Piece was bleak but you could see why some people may have joined the WG like Garp, Akainu or smoker. After Nika it turned into something so stupidly evil that it shouldn't had been eliminated centuries ago. Like, Akainu was a extremist before Nika but you could understand why he acted like that (some pirates are scum and the SH crew is the exception and not the norm). Now, he is a hypocrite that is not for justice but just protecting evil.

C

Cruxroux

Wish had happened- BM dying by hunger at the end of WCI after creating a huge world disaster with her powers. The story itself would not change and we would have a cleaner version of Wano without the plot holes and forced stupidity to make possible for her to lose.

Wish didn't happen- Wano. If I have to choose a specific event in wano? Nika. The Nika retcon is something that still don't make sense (gomu gomu had nothing to do with zoan), made the WG and gorosei stupid, forced the inclusion of it in every place to try to justify it's existence and was ultimately just a last hurrah to save a shit arc. The overall world of One Piece was bleak but you could see why some people may have joined the WG like Garp, Akainu or smoker. After Nika it turned into something so stupidly evil that it shouldn't had been eliminated centuries ago. Like, Akainu was a extremist before Nika but you could understand why he acted like that (some pirates are scum and the SH crew is the exception and not the norm). Now, he is a hypocrite that is not for justice but just protecting evil.
lmao beware of Nika wankers.
:suresure:

What I wish would happen is Sanji inflicting a correction to his brothers and father in WCI.
What I wish wouldn't happen is WCI in general, it ruined Sanji for good.

lmao beware of Nika wankers.
:suresure:
Well, I like the design and powers. I just don't think it needs to be a mythical zoan of a god that no one mentioned before (I know that some people talk about skypedia but anyone that read that arc knows that Nika was something else and there were many gods). Most Nika fans like G5 design and style, for what I saw.

Well, I like the design and powers. I just don't think it needs to be a mythical zoan of a god that no one mentioned before (I know that some people talk about skypedia but anyone that read that arc knows that Nika was something else and there were many gods). Most Nika fans like G5 design and style, for what I saw.
I like nika style, but i am still upset about the retcon.
Could they just have said "Nika" had the same gom gom fruit.
I guess it will make a little more sense when Fruit origin is explained, but it is still a cope.

C

Cruxroux

I like nika style, but i am still upset about the retcon.
Could they just have said "Nika" had the same gom gom fruit.
I guess it will make a little more sense when Fruit origin is explained, but it is still a cope.
Why am I the only one who like g4 more?
Wano could have helped with a new form or removal of g4 time limit like his other gears time limit and backfires got removed.

G4 simply look better , Is more badass.

Though opinions.
:kayneshrug:
Can't help if other got different opinions.

I wish that Zoro didn't have to struggle against Luffy's scraps for half of Egghead

I wish that Luffy didn't one tap Kizaru, it ended so many agendas and has ruined the Yonko vs Admiral debate

Wano could have helped with a new form or removal of g4 time limit like his other gears time limit and backfires got removed.

Though opinions.
I can understand that. Personally I don't like fat and G4 just look like a fat ass. I prefer things like snakeman.
G5 to me is better because it is basically base Luffy with full control of it's powers. I also like that after G5 Oda is trying to diminish the use of dark coloring to show haki (I personally think that black color to show CoA takes away from the design and makes fights less cleaner).

Though opinions.
See, i don't care too much about how badass something is, not really One Piece scope.
I like it because it's original, fun and thematically appropriate for One Piece.
I don't think Luffy has ever been that badass, Zoro was the go to character for those kind of things.
I mean, is it a surprise that the most vocal haters of G5 look and power are Zoro fans that want everything a bit edgier and badass?

With that didn’t happen:
I wish that oda didn’t do a Timeskip. The Timeskip has literally done nothing for the manga since literally every character got boosted seemingly just as much if not more.

Wish that did happen:
Oda introduced the name Sun God Nika back in Skypeia. The retcon was so glaringly obvious and horrid that it really hurts gear 5 which outside of the retcon is the best ability luffy has. Miles better than the ugly gear 4 forms.

With that didn’t happen:
I wish that oda didn’t do a Timeskip. The Timeskip has literally done nothing for the manga since literally every character got boosted seemingly just as much if not more.

Wish that did happen:
Oda introduced the name Sun God Nika back in Skypeia. The retcon was so glaringly obvious and horrid that it really hurts gear 5 which outside of the retcon is the best ability luffy has. Miles better than the ugly gear 4 forms.
I think Oda wanted to surprise readers, but without any foreshadowing.
If we had seen anything about someone stretching we would have said LUFFY.
But yea, he wanted his cake and eat it.