General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

See my post here about Oda’s foreshadowing/retconning style:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/was-rocks-planned.50026/page-2#post-4885412

This is very typical of him. He throws out a bunch of vague things around “him” something being “their fault”. In an sbs he makes her age uncertain (though alluded to it being in the mid 20’s). That doesn’t necessarily mean he had anything planned- it was more likely the opposite, he was giving himself room to fill in the blanks later. Since he keeps things vague, readers look at whatever hes come up with years later and take it to be a sign of foreshadowing.

The original statements are so open ended that almost anything could fit.

All Oda likely had planned pre-ts is uncertainty around her age, and that she had beef with someone.

Akainu’s statement actually doesn’t make sense in retrospect. She had no importance other than being a hostage, no reason for her escape to even bother Akainu, let alone “chill” him. Though Oda will probably come up with something to attempt to make that make sense.
With Kizaru it would have made more sense

See my post here about Oda’s foreshadowing/retconning style:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/was-rocks-planned.50026/page-2#post-4885412

This is very typical of him. He throws out a bunch of vague things around “him” something being “their fault”. In an sbs he makes her age uncertain (though alluded to it being in the mid 20’s). That doesn’t necessarily mean he had anything planned- it was more likely the opposite, he was giving himself room to fill in the blanks later. Since he keeps things vague, readers look at whatever hes come up with years later and take it to be a sign of foreshadowing.

The original statements are so open ended that almost anything could fit.

All Oda likely had planned pre-ts is uncertainty around her age, and that she had beef with someone.

Akainu’s statement actually doesn’t make sense in retrospect. She had no importance other than being a hostage, no reason for her escape to even bother Akainu, let alone “send shivers down his spine” . Though Oda will probably come up with something to attempt to make that make sense.

Edit: it’s actually even more nonsensical. By that point in time, Kuma was already brainless, which was literally the only reason Bonney was being kept locked up.

There’s nothing about her age that makes sense, she was especially well versed in world affairs, completely out of line with a child locked in a church her whole life. The fanbase is now scrambling to make sense of her arguably being the strongest prepubescent in history, on par with the likes of oden and big mom, with the justification being that she’d regularly spar with “tough” fisherman.

It’s obvious she was originally a middle of the road 20-something, not an exceptional 10-12 year old.

the latest stuff about Kuma quietly watching Luffy before the main story began immediately reminded me of Aizen supposedly monitoring ichigo his entire life…
Actually great post. I'm impressed.

I'm still waiting for the explanation about why her leaving was so scary for the WG and even how BB knew about that (since he thought she was worth a battleship). Next chapter best show her dad being someone incredible powerful or it will never make sense.

Oda:everything according to plan
Aizen is the worst villian of all time and he is so bad that it's honestly worth reading/watching bleach just to see him.

too much disbelief for me to suspend.

Not just around Bonney , odas retconning in general of late is reaching unbearable levels to me, almost as bad as bleach.
Gear 5, Yamato and Kaido were huge red flags. Even Big Mama Meme. I feel like OP TS is similar to Naruto Shippiden and we're at the point of no return where the show just falls a cliff. People seem to be excited by the new content but I think in hindsight people will say this was the begging of the end.

this is very true majority of Post-TS has been a huge let down. I think after the MF War Oda went with the catering to the more “shounen” troupe of action based and forgot about adventure and pirating. I think Skypiea depicts all of this perfectly. The only “treasure” hunting that’s down is for the One Piece and that’s about it.

I don’t think there really has been much that enjoyed realistically since Skypiea to MF. Not sure if it’s the nostalgia aspect of it all and the world building that went into the storyline today but all arcs have fallen flat unfortunately. Good moments but not a wow this arc is amazing moment.

I’m rewatching w7 now loving it. Robin just left /: so much emotions in this one.
Oda's original 5 year plan would have had the SHs discovering the path to the one piece at Skypia, declaring war against the WG at Ennis Lobby and topping the WG at Marineford. But he stopped that plan to drag out the story and so everything between Java and Marineford has been diluted and everything post TS, pre egghead has been filler to pad out the story. Oda added almost 20 years of filler content to the story.

Last edited:
Here's a bit of a hot take... The sudden surge of mainstream appeal for One Piece is starting to turn me away from the series. It's not that I'm a hipster or anything, it's just that I feel like the fanbase is turning into MHA 2.0. It's even worse that we'll just gobble up any piece of content like starving dogs, and now it's getting to the point where there's just... Too much One Piece... It's insane, because a few years ago, I would have loved the attention the series is getting now. But it just feels like I'm being fed waaaaaaaay too much content. I've gotten so jaded about it, that I'm actually not looking forward to the remake.

C

Cruxroux

Here's a bit of a hot take... The sudden surge of mainstream appeal for One Piece is starting to turn me away from the series. It's not that I'm a hipster or anything, it's just that I feel like the fanbase is turning into MHA 2.0. It's even worse that we'll just gobble up any piece of content like starving dogs, and now it's getting to the point where there's just... Too much One Piece... It's insane, because a few years ago, I would have loved the attention the series is getting now. But it just feels like I'm being fed waaaaaaaay too much content. I've gotten so jaded about it, that I'm actually not looking forward to the remake.
I have been planning to leave the series too , I'm not even interested in spoilers or the series anymore to be honest.
The point of fans are gobbling up anything Oda is throwing is true.
I'm just here to mess around at this point.

We'll see what happens. If the New Anime has JJK or KnY levels of animation then It might take off but I feel that One Piece is a hard sell in North America because of the 6 yr old childish humor and the slow pacing. I think Bartie and Arlong Park are solid arcs with mainstream appeal.

I wish Oda had put more care into establishing Luffy's position as a Yonko, I understand that every Yonko organisation primarily consists of an original crew like the strawhats but unlike Cross guild or Kaido and Big mom's empires Oda hasn't expanded upon which islands are associated with Luffy, how his grand fleet has reacted to his new rank, the overall implications, etc.

I understand that Oda doesn't want to change the structure of the story where the crew travels from place to place but Oda could should have put more lore into Luffy's position now that he's a part of one of the three great powers in the verse instead of leaving things vague.

I wish Oda had put more care into establishing Luffy's position as a Yonko, I understand that every Yonko organisation primarily consists of an original crew like the strawhats but unlike Cross guild or Kaido and Big mom's empires Oda hasn't expanded upon which islands are associated with Luffy, how his grand fleet has reacted to his new rank, the overall implications, etc.

I understand that Oda doesn't want to change the structure of the story where the crew travels from place to place but Oda could should have put more lore into Luffy's position now that he's a part of one of the three great powers in the verse instead of leaving things vague.

Sabo, Rayleigh, hancock... He really has powerful allies

Well let's see:he got
Wano
Zou
Dessarosa
Fishman island
You're not even addressing the point that I'm making. I know those are islands are (atleast somewhat) associated with Luffy but we don't know the extent to which they are in contrast to how Oda did with Kaido/BM. For example, Wano was ruled by Kaido for decades in which we saw the different factions Kaido had in his crew in and outside of this island operate. It's not like the full extent of the power hierarchy was explored but Oda gave us enough to have a good understanding of Kaido's large-scale organisation, Oda also gave enough info on how Cross Guild currently operates but Oda hasn't done the same for Luffy and his crew and as a result things are unclear.

Oda could have made Luffy not become a Yonko and just have him be responsible for Kaido's defeat and the story could have progressed the same but he didn't, Oda decided to make Luffy a Yonko but did very little to expand upon Luffy's political position in the verse.

You're not even addressing the point that I'm making. I know those are islands are (atleast somewhat) associated with Luffy but we don't know the extent to which they are in contrast to how Oda did with Kaido/BM. For example, Wano was ruled by Kaido for decades in which we saw the different factions Kaido had in his crew in and outside of this island operate. It's not like the full extent of the power hierarchy was explored but Oda gave us enough to have a good understanding of Kaido's large-scale organisation, Oda also gave enough info on how Cross Guild currently operates but Oda hasn't done the same for Luffy and his crew and as a result things are unclear.

Oda could have made Luffy not become a Yonko and just have him be responsible for Kaido's defeat and the story could have progressed the same but he didn't, Oda decided to make Luffy a Yonko but did very little to expand upon Luffy's political position in the verse.
How Luffy operates? Friendship!

For example, Wano was ruled by Kaido for decades in which we saw the different factions Kaido had in his crew in and outside of this island operate. It's not like the full extent of the power hierarchy was explored but Oda gave us enough to have a good understanding of Kaido's large-scale organisation, Oda also gave enough info on how Cross Guild currently operates but Oda hasn't done the same for Luffy and his crew and as a result things are unclear.
How are any of these different from Luffy? You know Kaido's friends. You know Buggy's friends. You know Luffy's friends.