General & Others Luffy or Shanks won’t beat Blackbeard

Obviously Luffy is fighting Blackbeard. There's no buildup for him to fight Shanks, just to surpass Shanks, which he can do by becoming the pirate king first or defeating the crew that defeated Shanks. Blackbeard is the most set up villain in the series by far. He's been portrayed as Luffy's foil since Jaya. There's literally no way he goes down to anyone but Luffy.

Obviously Luffy is fighting Blackbeard. There's no buildup for him to fight Shanks, just to surpass Shanks, which he can do by becoming the pirate king first or defeating the crew that defeated Shanks. Blackbeard is the most set up villain in the series by far. He's been portrayed as Luffy's foil since Jaya. There's literally no way he goes down to anyone but Luffy.
Luffy surpassing him and his crew by actually beating them is way better than wasting him to hype Blackbeard. If luffy does fight Blackbeard I think it should be before shanks

The build up between luffy vs shanks at this point is the same as the build up for their reunion

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
It doesn’t have to be magic just something/s not tied to swordsmanship. What could or will it be idk it could be anything
Yeah so explain to me what it is.

You've got 1102 chapters countless data books and vivre cards you should be able to give me an example of what this is lmfao

That doesn't mean anything anymore. We've seen him fight. He uses a sword and swordsmanship like Roger.

So again Where's any hint to anything else?
Yes a bunch of characters use swords including them that doesn’t mean that’s all they rely on. King can use a sword and even overwhelmed zoro at one point while clashing blades. Still isn’t the only thing he can fight with

At the end of the day shanks is a separate chapter from mihawk. At the end of the day he’s luffy’s opponent not zoro’s
Mihawk is a stronger swordsman and that’s fine that doesn’t stop shanks from being able to do more

HA001

Yes a bunch of characters use swords including them that doesn’t mean that’s all they rely on. King can use a sword and even overwhelmed zoro at one point while clashing blades. Still isn’t the only thing he can fight with

At the end of the day shanks is a separate chapter from mihawk. At the end of the day he’s luffy’s opponent not zoro’s
Mihawk is a stronger swordsman and that’s fine that doesn’t stop shanks from being able to do more
Look you fucking scumbag.
Just answer the question

What does he have ?

King is irrelevant to shanks
King is a lunarian shanks isn't
King has a fruit shanks doesn't

Shanks is mihawks rival
Mihawk is the stronger swordsman which means he folds shanks in a fight

Look you fucking scumbag.
Just answer the question

What does he have ?

King is irrelevant to shanks
King is a lunarian shanks isn't
King has a fruit shanks doesn't

Shanks is mihawks rival
Mihawk is the stronger swordsman which means he folds shanks in a fight
Again idk because we barely seen anything from him. All I’m saying he can have more outside of swordsmanship

King being a different race or having a devil fruit isn’t what made king not a swordsman
Also we technically don’t know whether or not shanks has or will have a fruit

Yes they were rivals when it came to swordsmanship and mihawk is the stronger swordsman between the 2. Again that doesn’t stop shanks from being capable of more

HA001

Again idk because we barely seen anything from him. All I’m saying he can have more outside of swordsmanship

King being a different race or having a devil fruit isn’t what made king not a swordsman
Also we technically don’t know whether or not shanks has or will have a fruit

Yes they were rivals when it came to swordsmanship and mihawk is the stronger swordsman between the 2. Again that doesn’t stop shanks from being capable of more
You saying he CAN do more is as meaningless as me saying mihawk CAN do more. Its based on NOTHING in the manga.

Yet you are using this NOTHING to put shanks above mihawk.

So if you gonna do that.
Show me something that shows he has anything else

You saying he CAN do more is as meaningless as me saying mihawk CAN do more. Its based on NOTHING in the manga.

Yet you are using this NOTHING to put shanks above mihawk.

So if you gonna do that.
Show me something that shows he has anything else
The same way mihawk is likely the stronger swordsman between he and roger despite being weaker can apply to shanks

Same way vista is a stronger swordsman than king despite being weaker
Brook being a stronger swordsman than franky
Diamanté a stronger swordsman than pica etc

Mihawk isn’t relevant to luffy journey. Shanks actually is
Mihawk doesn’t have anything to do with shanks’s overall strength, potential, relevance or importance

HA001

The same way mihawk is likely the stronger swordsman between he and roger despite being weaker can apply to shanks

Same way vista is a stronger swordsman than king despite being weaker
Brook being a stronger swordsman than franky
Diamanté a stronger swordsman than pica etc

Mihawk isn’t relevant to luffy journey. Shanks actually is
Mihawk doesn’t have anything to do with shanks’s overall strength, potential, relevance or importance
When zoro is a stronger swordsman than mihawk that means he beats mihawk IN A FIGHT when they both go all out.
This will happen in the manga.

So if mihawk is a stronger swordsman than Roger that means Roger loses all out to mihawk in a fight

Vista loses to king
Brook loses to franky etc

Mihawk is tied to shanks as rivals.

Luffy surpassing him and his crew by actually beating them is way better than wasting him to hype Blackbeard. If luffy does fight Blackbeard I think it should be before shanks

The build up between luffy vs shanks at this point is the same as the build up for their reunion
There is literally no build up for Luffy vs Shanks. And there's no reason he can't fight both. Just because he's you're favorite doesn't mean it would be a waste to have him lose to Blackbeard. Having Luffy's idol get killed by is greatest enemy, set up over 20 years, is completely reasonable. Blackbeard is more than big enough of a deal for that.

There is literally no build up for Luffy vs Shanks. And there's no reason he can't fight both. Just because he's you're favorite doesn't mean it would be a waste to have him lose to Blackbeard. Having Luffy's idol get killed by is greatest enemy, set up over 20 years, is completely reasonable. Blackbeard is more than big enough of a deal for that.
Luffy wanting to surpass shanks and shanks wanting to go after the one piece is the build up

As of now I’d say I probably like Blackbeard more tbh doesn’t change the fact shanks is a bigger deal to luffy and the overall story

I havent read such a bad thread in a while. Big Mom hasnt got any buildup remotely close to Blackbeard. She wasnt the main villain even in her own arc, WCI. Meanwhile, Kidd and Law were created on a whim, who arent supposed to have a role in the core story. Thats why Oda grouped them together (Big Mom - Kidd - Law) and got rid of them from the story.

Blackbeard's buildup started since Jaya and his buildup isnt like any other antagonists in the series. If you think about it, Blackbeard and his group are the only villains whose powerlevel isnt static. All other villains, Kaido, Big Mom, Akainu, Gorosei, etc, are already at their peak. Meanwhile, Blackbeard crew have been growing in parallel with the strawhats. You think Oda is building such a special crew for Kidd/Law/Katakuri/Yamato - whose role in the story is complete?

This is the only crew that perfectly mirrors the strawhats. Blackbeard is a coward, ambitious and cunning D - the complete opposite of Luffy which has been highlighted since their intro at Jaya. He has his own swordsman who happens to fight without honor - has a fruit for cheap shotting people. He also has a female member who is cruel and ugly - the complete opposite to kind and beautiful Nami, has his own doctor who can afflict others diseases, has his own sniper who is calm and collected etc. No other organization is tailor made for strawhats this way, be it pirates, marines, or Imu-gorosei.

Blackbeard is just too important:
- This is a pirate manga and Blackbeard is the most famous real life pirate of all time
- Oda's favorite real life pirate also happens to be Blackbeard
- If Oda could join a pirate crew in One Piece verse, it would be the Blackbeard crew

You have to be completely delusional to think anyone else other than strawhats can take them down.

I havent read such a bad thread in a while. Big Mom hasnt got any buildup remotely close to Blackbeard. She wasnt the main villain even in her own arc, WCI. Meanwhile, Kidd and Law were created on a whim, who arent supposed to have a role in the core story. Thats why Oda grouped them together (Big Mom - Kidd - Law) and got rid of them from the story.

Blackbeard's buildup started since Jaya and his buildup isnt like any other antagonists in the series. If you think about it, Blackbeard and his group are the only villains whose powerlevel isnt static. All other villains, Kaido, Big Mom, Akainu, Gorosei, etc, are already at their peak. Meanwhile, Blackbeard crew have been growing in parallel with the strawhats. You think Oda is building such a special crew for Kidd/Law/Katakuri/Yamato - whose role in the story is complete?

This is the only crew that perfectly mirrors the strawhats. Blackbeard is a coward, ambitious and cunning D - the complete opposite of Luffy which has been highlighted since their intro at Jaya. He has his own swordsman who happens to fight without honor - has a fruit for cheap shotting people. He also has a female member who is cruel and ugly - the complete opposite to kind and beautiful Nami, has his own doctor who can afflict others diseases, has his own sniper who is calm and collected etc. No other organization is tailor made for strawhats this way, be it pirates, marines, or Imu-gorosei.

Blackbeard is just too important:
- This is a pirate manga and Blackbeard is the most famous real life pirate of all time
- Oda's favorite real life pirate also happens to be Blackbeard
- If Oda could join a pirate crew in One Piece verse, it would be the Blackbeard crew

You have to be completely delusional to think anyone else other than strawhats can take them down.
Blackbeard has build up just not more than shanks. If luffy only ends up fighting one of them it should be shanks. If luffy ends up fighting both Blackbeard should be the first to go down or at the very least shanks should be the last obstacle for luffy before he becomes pirate king

Yes Blackbeard is clearly still important and a big deal but just not more than shanks. His downfall happened by the hands of all the people he’s fucked over world be poetic imo
Also kid, law, katakuri, Yamato, etc roles in the story isn’t over just because you don’t want more of them