Break Week What made Egg Head the best arc of PTS?

I don't know if you mean this as a jest, but starting One Piece from Egghead what would you even understand?
You owuldn't know who Vega is, Kuma, Bonney, the crew, Lucci the Marines, the WG, any flashback would be meaningless.
I know this forum IQ is around 90, but this is pushing it.

On Wano being basically filler I literally have nothing to say because it just compliment this shitty take of starting One Piece from Egghead.

And Oda clearly meant that it's the end and it's time to discover what the One Piece is, you know, the title of the opera.
Oda straight up said you can start one piece from the beginning of egghead. And you know enough as Egghead reintroduced these characters just fine as well as All other major organizations.

Here’s the quote:
“Back when I was a kid, there was a certain vision I had in mind: “I want to draw a manga where the finale is its highest peak…! I wonder if I can pull it off…!!”Now then, only a little longer is left to wrap up the Wano Country Saga. After a long time, the preparations are almost done. It only took 25 years. LOL***Though, it’s totally okay even if you read from here on. After all… from here on we’re getting to (the) ONE PIECE!!***I will be drawing every single mystery in this world that I’ve been hiding until now.It will be fun.Please fasten your seat belts.PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT!!!”

Good Morning fellow members of WG.

I have a simple question for you guys, what has changed?
Going through Dressrosa, which was decent, Zou was ok, WCI and Wano, the last one mostly bad, I remain shocked by the quality change that we are reading since the end of Wano.
In 50 chapters we had more plot developments, cool moments, reveals and just in general good pacing than in the previous 150, to say a number.
What has changed?
How can the same author have such different outcomes in writing the same comic?

My personal opinion is that, similar to what GRM for Game of Thrones, with Wano Oda wrote himself into a "corner", but this doesn't explain the horrendous pacing of the first half of Wano.
Chadma's back story coupled with the events at Hachinosu, Elbaph, Reverie, CG has made this arc very interesting and the correct culmination can make it top 1.

It's mainly us finally getting stuff from characters we wanted to see for years.
Barely anyone was interested in Scabbard/Oden/Momo/Yamato piece and it dragged on for years.

Gorosei, Imu, Teach, Shanks, Revolutionary army, Admirals, Garp and finally Kuma whom people were loving since pre ts.

The writing isn't necessarily that much better than Wano.

Oda straight up said you can start one piece from the beginning of egghead. And you know enough as Egghead reintroduced these characters just fine as well as All other major organizations.

Here’s the quote:
“Back when I was a kid, there was a certain vision I had in mind: “I want to draw a manga where the finale is its highest peak…! I wonder if I can pull it off…!!”Now then, only a little longer is left to wrap up the Wano Country Saga. After a long time, the preparations are almost done. It only took 25 years. LOL***Though, it’s totally okay even if you read from here on. After all… from here on we’re getting to (the) ONE PIECE!!***I will be drawing every single mystery in this world that I’ve been hiding until now.It will be fun.Please fasten your seat belts.PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT!!!”
That is completely different from saying that everything before is filler.
You can start lord of the rings at the return of the king, but would you appreciate the story the same way?
You can start harry potter at the last book.
Hell, you can only read Shippuden and think that Naruto is a 4/10 manga.
Oda is just stating the obvious, you can start whenever you want and understand something, but you cannot just say "One Piece before EggHead is basically filler"

You can start lord of the rings at the return of the king, but would you appreciate the story the same way?
Oda is just stating the obvious, you can start whenever you want and understand something, but you cannot just say "One Piece before EggHead is basically filler"
Future generation won't have to struggle with all the chapters and can just read the summary lol

You can start one piece from egghead because it’s where the story oda has wanted to write starts from. That’s the point the yonko saga was just unimportant in the grand scheme and egghead is significantly more deliberate in its plot and characters because all of these will actually matter whereas the same can’t be said for the characters and sub plots of previous arcs.

You can start from egghead because this is what the story is. The story isn’t about Wano, it isn’t about Wci, or any of the others. It’s about what happens from this arc to the end of the story.

You can skip the rest if you want

You can start one piece from egghead because it’s where the story oda has wanted to write starts from. That’s the point the yonko saga was just unimportant in the grand scheme and egghead is significantly more deliberate in its plot and characters because all of these will actually matter whereas the same can’t be said for the characters and sub plots of previous arcs.

You can start from egghead because this is what the story is. The story isn’t about Wano, it isn’t about Wci, or any of the others. It’s about what happens from this arc to the end of the story.

You can skip the rest if you want
This is now your fanfiction, unless you show me a quote directly from Oda saying:
"I never wanted to draw Romance Dawn, Enies Lobby or Marineford. I wanted to start a manga from Egghead but evil editors forced me to write 1000 chapters".
Wonder why Oda wrote 3 different Romance Dawn with the same themes when he wanted to start from Egghead.

This is now your fanfiction, unless you show me a quote directly from Oda saying:
"I never wanted to draw Romance Dawn, Enies Lobby or Marineford. I wanted to start a manga from Egghead but evil editors forced me to write 1000 chapters".
Wonder why Oda wrote 3 different Romance Dawn with the same themes when he wanted to start from Egghead.
In the end you have to PIECE all the plot points together :myman:

Fights of characters that fandom considers important and also a sad flashback of an important character. Inside Egghead the only thing people care about is Kizaru and Saturn, no one cares about Vegapunk.

The most noticeable difference with Wano is the number of side characters. Wano had so many characters, Egghead has straw hats, Stella, Bonney and Kuma. Lilith, Shaka, Stussy, Atlas and Sentoumaru have some presence but they hardly hog the spotlight. Characters necessary for plot of the arc get focus.
I'm honestly surprised Oda haven't introduced any of the researchers that work with Vegapunk on the island.