Character Discussion How Good was Pre Timeskip Chopper?

Let’s Discuss Pre Timeskip Chopper

• Total voters
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't wanna read a story where side characters don't get focus especially when a story is this long
Law,Kidd,New Admirals,Capone,Bonney and a few other were amazing. The problem is Oda is bad at making us care for side kicks and spends way too much time on them. I think Wano would have been way better if all scabbards died for Example.

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't wanna read a story where side characters don't get focus especially when a story is this long
Thay's why I added ''extremely'' before secondary.
An example in Wano could be the sumo guy (can't even remember his name). Why should Oda spend numerous panels on that guy but not on Nami ?

Thay's why I added ''extremely'' before secondary.
An example in Wano could be the sumo guy (can't even remember his name). Why should Oda spend numerous panels on that guy but not on Nami ?
His purpose is to showcase Japan's national sport, and also to show Kiku's troubles and how Luffy won her over.

All straw hats were much better pre-skip. None of them got better post skip,except maybe Luffy which is now more mature. OP has changed from some friends going on an adventure to Luffy going around gathering allies for a big final war. It has lost some of its appeal imo. I miss those arcs where only the SHP were around. Thriller Bark was the last time we saw that.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed 100%.
Luffy was better pre-TS. Agreed with the rest of your post, tho.

Last edited:
All straw hats were much better pre-skip. None of them got better post skip,except maybe Luffy which is now more mature. OP has changed from some friends going on an adventure to Luffy going around gathering allies for a big final war. It has lost some of its appeal imo. I miss those arcs where only the SHP were around. Thriller Bark was the last time we saw that.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed 100%.
Are you sure? I don’t feel Luffy’s changed at all.