Thats EXACTLY what I argued on here recently, Shanks or Revs would make far more sense. Kuzan left the WG and Marines due to sheer corruption supposedly but joins the MOST corrupt pirate crew? The worst criminals? LMAO WTF?!

I can only excuse it that Kuzan might be Somalian like Blackbeard supposedly is and or he sees BB as some kind of kindred spirit, they have some kind of understanding somehow OR hes actually undercover, on his own agenda or for the Marines.

He does have the most freedom with Blackbeard, for better and for worse but hes literally aiding people who are just as evil and corrupt as the worst of the Marines and the WG itself entirely.

He helped to take down his former mentor and almost got him killed. I know he went from fired up justice to lazy justice post Ohara and was very shaken up by it ofc but I wish Oda would let us see or hear more about Kuzan vs Akainu so we can get a much better idea into Kuzans reasoning/motivations/character etc. Or even more of a flashback for him in general at least.

Another reason not getting to see him face Kizaru or any Admiral on screen is a letdown and the fact that he and Garp didnt talk as much as they should have, especially given their history and the whole Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral and yet Kuzan was the recommended choice and fought him for it, Garp trained Kuzan and I'm sure Akainu looks up to Garp and wants to be like him in some way, he was surely trained by him with his fighting style at least.

Idk man, to me, Kuzan just feels so messily written, so mishandled. I'm trying to give Oda time, but we've waited SO MANY years for SO LITTLE at this point, its tiring.

At least Kuzan showing remorse over Garp almost being killed was great but I would love Kuzan to have more interactions with Koby and thus comments/opinions on him as Garps official new protege/successor too. I guess maybe in future we'll see it but this would have been the perfect timing and yet Oda rushed it so much, when he gave us SO LONG for the fucking Oden and Kuma flashbacks, sigh.

We've still barely seen anything of the God Valley incident at this point too, thanks Oda.
1)Actually Kuzan is japanese
2)I would hate if his is just undercover. For me this would trash the character, just a typical shonen writing
3) There are some characters that oda makes a puzzle along the story to explain in the end game, for instance, Kuma. Now we know everyrhing about Kuma, but before was a puzzle. Kuzan will be the same (I'm not saying he gonna have a flashback, I dont think he will)

By the way admirals bros, it's really joever isn't it ? Now we have to wait for the entrance of the great soldiers of Moon man to be completely overshadowed.

well it's a possibility, to be honest I would prefer that than simply assisting to a ridiculous twist that absolutely everybody realised years before.
its not over for admirals its legit the arc we see them the most in action its a fantastic arc for admirals fans for now .
Now it depends of what happened with Kizaru in the next chapters .

He does have the most freedom with Blackbeard, for better and for worse but hes literally aiding people who are just as evil and corrupt as the worst of the Marines and the WG itself entirely.
That's kind of the point lol. Kuzan is a good guy but he's not principled, he's lazy. He only left the marines because Akainu became fleet admiral. Yet he ends up serving Akainu's pirate counterpart anyways because he gets offered freedom to pursue his own interests.

That makes no since. The fodder thought Queen was knocked unconscious you can’t be both knocked out and conscious. Queen was clearly able to move and conscious but just creating a plan which is why as soon as he got up he put his plan into motion and captured big mom.
Again, no: no one said he was unconscious just like Kizaru wasn't and still was unable to move.

We saw Queen shivering on the ground, incapable of moving for some time. O Lin could have finished him, but didn't.
After some time, he got up again.

We saw and we were literally told that.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
1)Actually Kuzan is japanese
2)I would hate if his is just undercover. For me this would trash the character, just a typical shonen writing
3) There are some characters that oda makes a puzzle along the story to explain in the end game, for instance, Kuma. Now we know everyrhing about Kuma, but before was a puzzle. Kuzan will be the same (I'm not saying he gonna have a flashback, I dont think he will)
Yeah I know hes Japanese lol, but theres this too, he could be both Somanlian and Japanese:

The Admirals are based on Japanese actors ofc but Kizaru seems far more Italian with his outfit, name and even design. Like Italo Disco vibes too.

Same here, far too predictable/cliche but Im scared Oda is gonna go down this route, he really loves traitor storylines for a few arcs now. It could be great if handled right I guess but I prefer a more nuanced, grey area, rogue, anti-hero arc for him, not just a good guy undercover as you said.

These type of storylines tend to end with the spy dying too, thats what I'm dreading too. He was meant to kill Saul and Robin and spared their lives and I think he spared Garp in some way here too, like the theory he purposely put the icicle through where Shiryu stabbed him to stop the bleeding and thus block the wound, to not make a new wound and injure Garp more too.

Yeah I really hope you're right, Oda handling of Kuma lately is giving me some hope but given how hes handled Kidd, Kaido, Zoro and some others, I also am losing hope too ironically.

But then what did Doffy mean when he said Kuzan has the look of a “man determined to do something.”

Also, reread O’Hara and look at Kuzan’s progression.

He follows passionate justice and treats the government as law.

He views atrocities and lets Robin go to test if the government’s dogma is correct.

While his experiment with Robin is ongoing he follows lazy justice as he is unsure.

Now he is passionate again and separate from the marines.

There clearly is SOME objective he is pursuing and it is like related to the WG’s history imo
don't know about his objectif but I think he is wrong and will be proven wrong . And in the end he will finish blackbeard after luffy packed him.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
That's kind of the point lol. Kuzan is a good guy but he's not principled, he's lazy. He only left the marines because Akainu became fleet admiral. Yet he ends up serving Akainu's pirate counterpart anyways because he gets offered freedom to pursue his own interests.
Lmao yeah, I remember people saying he could finally go all out as a pirate instead, when he went to WCI. No longer constrained by the BS rules of the WG and Marines. So no wonder he accomplished so much with all that freedom to exact "justice" how he saw fit, like a vigilante ofc.

Akainus pirate counterpart is the best way to describe it definitely, it was even said he can truly go his own way, do what he likes now unrestricted when he fought Garp too tbf.

Except Laido only appear in one fricking arc, Aokiji has been with us since Water 7/Robin backstory! And now is part of the final saga.

That Oda put more efforts in Admirals than Lonkos characters, isn't my problem.:kayneshrug:
The downfall of Ladodo and Lel Mom is indeed a great tragedy for us, Waido bros. It is also true that until today, admirals proved to be more " vivid " than the so called " old generation " of Yonkos who were simply waiting to be killed, but I would be highly skeptical concerning the capacity of Oda to be, at minimum, original since the only good things he can make now are stories about orphans or tormented characters ( as Oda himself had a personnal beef with them ). I would like finally to add this: it it absolutely terrible, and I mean it, that we are saying that Oda tried more to give substance to Aokiji than to Kaido, whereas Oda litterally developed the latter for 4 years. What a mess fr fr :endthis: