Dortmund or Real, who wins the Champions league!?

• Total voters
I genuinely think Oda meant for Luffy vs Kizaru to be the whole fight but wanted to get to the flashback so badly that he half assed it. Then realizing the fight sucked Oda decided to have Kizaru up again.

And now we’re in a situation where Oda has two big antagonists on the battlefield and no idea what to do.

Thats why he made it look like Kizaru might betray for a bit and then flubbed it. The man is actually straight up washed.
Solution is simple actually just make roofpiece 2.0 with Saturn and Kizaru

But Zoro for stuck for way too long vs Lucci lol.

@Kurozumi Wiwi @Fleet Leader Fenaker

I think Oda meant for Luffy vs Kizaru round 1 to be the full fight. But then he speed ran the fight to get to the flashback and realized it sucked so now Kizaru is still up. Now Oda has no idea wtf he’s doing
Personally I just think it was a means to get everyone where they needed to be to start said flashback

- Kizaru's main purpose was to Kill VP and secure the factory
- Luffy is an animal, so the moment Kizaru crosses the barrier he's going to have to get around Luffy.
- Oda used that chance to knock Bonney down below, which prompted Vegapunk and a few others down too.
- Then in order to "start" said Flashback, he had to make Bonney vulnerable and a give the action downtime, so then the PIS nonsense of Luffy hitting Kizaru and both being down for x minutes starts so Bonney can be set up for execution.
- Only for the cathartic punch for Kuma to happen post FB since that was the intent.

When you look at it like this, barely anything has happened yet, just a lot of pieces moving an inch at a time.

Imho, there is still stalling because 7 crew members are still above in the lab and not down below ready to fight. Compare this to the rooftop fight where essentially nothing truly happens and nobody truly has a fight until Luffy is MIA off of Onigashima. Similar idea with him being sent down below with Bellamy and then fights truly started in DR.

Its all just a stalling tactic to move around other characters but also give action bits.