Chapter Discussion If the 5 gorosei really appear what will be the match ups?

Who will fight?

• Total voters
Luffy will keep fighting, he can keep dealing with Saturn and maybe even 2 or 3 of them if he really pizza diffed Saturn and Kizaru.

Maybe Oda could even decide to have Luffy fight for a bit all 5 of them yet there is people who can come to help:

Dory and Broggy
The ancient robot
Sanji(?)
Zoro if he beats Lucci
Wild guess: Kizaru
Others?

What match ups do you see if actually all of the gorosei step in?

Nothing realistic lol. I dont think they are here to be entirely fought in the way people expect.

What i do however expect is the following

- An encounter with Luffy, to Luffy's disadvantage.
- The AR, activated by his power, helps and holds them back

This is done for 10 minutes until the Video goes off and much of the world turns against the WG. At THAT point, their goal will be just get the Mother Flame and leave, so Imu can just start destroying entire islands and sinking the world.

I really dont think he can fight all of them, because then that just blows away the idea that anyone else can fight Luffy for the remainder lf the series. No idea about Kizaru the next 10 minutes, but I do expect him to betray the WG after the video is up, considering his internal conflict right now.

There won't be a real fight against them.

The ancient robot will probably hold them back for a while, but that's about it.

Who else should do anything?

Luffy will run out of G5 soon, Zoro isn't fresh either (still fighting Lucci and already injured), Sanji was ordered to run away and still carrying Vegapunk. Then you have half the crew already on the Giant's ship (Franky, Bonney & Co.) and some Giant's that had problems dealing with Mr.3 two years ago.

They aren't defeating the Gorosei in a battle here.

I think this arc was constructed to achieve 4 major things:

1) Letting the world know about the truth of the WG -> now even civilians from unknown countries have a reason to support Luffy in the final war

2) Letting BB gain important endgame knowledge via Caribou (and a bonus trump card via Devon)

3) Letting the WG get their hands on the mother flame so they can begin to truly start their "great cleansing"

4) Providing a seamless transition to the Elbaf arc with the giants rescueing them and taking them there.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
There won’t be any real matchups, although basically every character on Egghead has potential to at least clash with a Gorosei.

The Ancient Robot is seemingly the last player that can enter the stage, and we’d imagine that it’s the thing that can hold them off long enough for the Strawhats to escape, which it surely has to be bar another factor somehow showing up.

The big question is still Saturn, I think. He’s getting replaced by Devon at some point, we all know that. Is that now something that’s happening further down the line? He’s still the main villain of this arc, regardless of the rest of the Gorosei showing up. Can Oda manufacture a situation where Saturn falls here in a manner that still lets the Blackbeard’s impersonate him further down the line?

There won’t be any real matchups, although basically every character on Egghead has potential to at least clash with a Gorosei.

The Ancient Robot is seemingly the last player that can enter the stage, and we’d imagine that it’s the thing that can hold them off long enough for the Strawhats to escape, which it surely has to be bar another factor somehow showing up.

The big question is still Saturn, I think. He’s getting replaced by Devon at some point, we all know that. Is that now something that’s happening further down the line? He’s still the main villain of this arc, regardless of the rest of the Gorosei showing up. Can Oda manufacture a situation where Saturn falls here in a manner that still lets the Blackbeard’s impersonate him further down the line?
Reminder that the WG is so stupid that the ID staff thought Bon Clay was Magellan when he literally transformed right in front of their faces

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
I'm placing stocks on the Iron Giant. Not just holding the Gorosei back, but there is some credence for it actually being programmed to fight back against their specific powers.

It's really telling since it made a straight beeline for Marie Jois in attempt to finish what was started. There is that old trope where beings have their unresolved conflicts with the ancient evils.

:kata:

Luffy will hold all 5 off for 10 minutes probably (how long VP's message takes). The ancient robot will probably come to help and might have the secret to bypassing the healing and might allow Luff to at least take out/kill Saturn which is thematically needed for Devon.

placed by Devon at some point, we all know that. Is that now something that’s happening further down the line? He’s still the main villain of this arc, regardless of the rest of the Gorosei showing up. Can Oda manufacture a situation where Saturn falls here in a manner that still lets the Blackbeard’s i
I don't think there is a possibility of Saturn dying and being replaced without the other goroseis noticing because of the telepathy and connection between them. Devon will use his form in very specific situations, whether to control pacifists or to infiltrate somewhere in a moment of confusion.