Controversial Thoughts on this thread?

That's USA only misstraslation when Oda says Strongest they translate to Greatest because they are biased.

Sandman just proved he is based recently when talking about the translation of Luffy's words when sending both Kizaru and Saturn flying. If he meant just Saturn then why not send only him flying and do another thing with Kizaru?

That's USA only misstraslation when Oda says Strongest they translate to Greatest because they are biased.

Sandman just proved he is based recently when talking about the translation of Luffy's words when sending both Kizaru and Saturn flying. If he meant just Saturn then why not send only him flying and do another thing with Kizaru?
Im more focused on the fact that roger and shanks are kengou but ushimaru and vista are dai kengou

Ushimaru is canonically better swordsman than roger
Since he is dai kengou and roger isnt
But is he stronger? No
Same can be applied on other characters

Ive always said that there are those that use swords in a very nonchalant "piratey" sort of way (you get this vibe from BM, Roger, Shanks, Rayleigh, etc, its just an extension of their haki and power that doesnt necessarily imply "Technique" or finesse on how they use a blade) and not like how Zoro or Mihawk fight in this series.

Hell, Rayleigh trains Luffy, not Zoro lol, which is kind of my point on the topic. But people will respond to me crying that this is blatantly false and "skill" must equate to all things a blade user achieves in this story.

So honestly I just keep my mouth shut on it because its a pointless argument to have when everyone interprets everything differently.

But also Shanks is 1cm taller than Mihawk:afrokappa:

Ive always said that there are those that use swords in a very nonchalant "piratey" sort of way (you get this vibe from BM, Roger, Shanks, Rayleigh, etc, its just an extension of their haki and power that doesnt necessarily imply "Technique" or finesse on how they use a blade) and not like how Zoro or Mihawk fight in this series.

Hell, Rayleigh trains Luffy, not Zoro lol, which is kind of my point on the topic. But people will respond to me crying that this is blatantly false and "skill" must equate to all things a blade user achieves in this story.

So honestly I just keep my mouth shut on it because its a pointless argument to have when everyone interprets everything differently.

But also Shanks is 1cm taller than Mihawk:afrokappa:
Yup, gotta be keep it quiet until oda spoon feed us.

for not its really pointless

Im more focused on the fact that roger and shanks are kengou but ushimaru and vista are dai kengou

Ushimaru is canonically better swordsman than roger
Since he is dai kengou and roger isnt
But is he stronger? No
Same can be applied on other characters
Where it says that Roger and Shanks are just Kengou and not Dai Kengou?

Don't try to bring factual nuances in One Piece's swordsmanship to this forum: it's full of fans of swords who ironically don't like this story's swordsmanship at all.

And yes, so far very few people are dai-kengou and most of them are weaker than other sword users who are merely kengou. It's one of the canon nuances to swordsmanship; others are the constant references to skill instead of strength, the personality that a real swordsman must have or the differences between what the likes of Mihawk and Koushiro acknowledge as a sword and what they don't (not every sword is seen as a sword in terms of swordsmanship by these guys).

Nothing of this prevents Mihawk from being the World's Strongest Swordsman apart from a dai-kengou, though. Of course this will evolve into the exhausting debate about whether World's Strongest Swordsman includes virtually every sword user, which I find pointless because my previous paragraph won't even be addressed, so...

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
When ever a swordsman's skill have been mentioned in vivere cards or story they are mentioned as dai kengou
Like ushimaru vista mihawk etc etc.
Never has that happend for roger/shanks
Shanks has been called a sword master in his own promo

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
I've always shared a viewpoint like this, hell we've seen Roger and BM use pistols in the past alongside their sword...as most classic pirates generally should.

No idea why the anime gave Garp a sword, pretty cursed to think about it until we remember that all Vice Admirals had to be trained using one alongside haki.
Hey man, that's fair and all but don't keep those good thoughts to yourself just because there are those who will disagree. That mentality can basically be applied to any theory or speculation out there.
:moonwalk: