Controversial Thoughts on this thread?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I've always shared a viewpoint like this, hell we've seen Roger and BM use pistols in the past alongside their sword...as most classic pirates generally should.

No idea why the anime gave Garp a sword, pretty cursed to think about it until we remember that all Vice Admirals had to be trained using one alongside haki.

Hey man, that's fair and all but don't keep those good thoughts to yourself just because there are those who will disagree. That mentality can basically be applied to any theory or speculation out there.
:moonwalk:
Roger has no gun in the manga bar strong world

Roger's beloved blade which oda CONFIRMED IN THE SBS

the guy goes on to say how shanks and roger are swordsmen so eos zoro > anyone not named luffy confirmed
i agree with that take
Daikengo just means great swordsman.
Zoro wants to be the 1 of great swordsman

Zoro is now a MASTER SWORDSMAN his literal role in the crew and rank has changed because of haki not sword skill
https://onepiece.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000003694163
Yes zoro got the upgrade because of haki but still someone can be a better swordsman but weaker overall
Thats why i think roger > mihawk

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
i agree with that take

Yes zoro got the upgrade because of haki but still someone can be a better swordsman but weaker overall
Thats why i think roger > mihawk
They can't that doesn't make sense.

If zoro is getting higher swordsman ranks because of haki that means haki is included in being a swordsman

Roger has no overall
Hes a swordsman

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Roger has no gun in the manga bar strong world

Roger's beloved blade which oda CONFIRMED IN THE SBS
Of course! The cutlass is his trademark weapon after all and got personified in the latest SBS. I think anytime we see Oda give their characters a different weapon, it's just there for a moment or to do with small section of story. Otherwise we are gonna have people think that Kaido is a sniper after what he did to Oden.
:suresure:

May i see? Tho this thread is more about people who think Mihawk > Roger
Just cause mihawk is WSS
Mihawk can't be better than Roger just for being WSS because he wasn't WSS during Roger's era unless he won his title by the hands of the previous WSS that was active during Roger's era.

This is pointless.

Zoro wants to be the strongest. If Roger, being a kengou, is stronger than a dai kengou, it doesn't change Zoro's actual dream or Mihawk's status: the strongest swordsman, which characters like Roger and Rayleigh are.

It couldn't be more simple or explicit, and this discussion only exists because of agendas.