Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1110 Spoilers Discussion

Should we open the chapter discussion thread for the iffy translation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk if me and @Paperchampion23 are on exactly the same page here but its pretty close iirc. i think shanks is trying to groom luffy to fulfill an ancient prophecy and their conflict will come out of luffy getting mad about spoilers/predictable futures/destiny/whatever like when he was about to quit being a pirate if Rayleigh told him about the One Piece. the one thing Luffy hates more than anything else is when the future is set in stone and the adventure is spoiled for him.

so i think whenever Luffy actually learns about Nika and all this shit for real he might hate it.
I think what a lot of people misunderstand about either of our points of view is they think we believe Shanks is this ultimate evil character. Like no, thats Blackbeard and thats fine.

Shanks can absolutely have good/peaceful/altruistic viewpoints, but that doesn't necessarily mean his methods are morally "good" going about it. For example, maybe he meets with the Gorosei to eventually betray them or pit them against Luffy or Blackbeard, but that soesnt mean he doesnt have ulterior motives where he, in the end, comes out on top to establish his own version of peace.

And that, in a nutshell, is what I think about Shanks. Not necessarily a bad person, but that doesnt mean Luffy will agree with him at the end of the day or that he isnt using Luffy (in his mind as a good thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.