Are you sure it ain’t the other way around? You still sucking his dick even after all the crazy shit he said. All I’m saying is that a new user who says and behaves the exact same way just showed up. I’m just pointing it out since it’s a real possibility.
My guy, the only time I, or anyone else for that matter, brings up Bob is in response to you name-dropping him. Stop being cringe and let it go, he can't hurt you.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Let's be honest here: most people judge intellectual dishonesty by whether they agree with you or not(like most things). They've already got their assumption down as a fact, so denying their "facts" is dishonesty to them.

Let's be honest here: most people judge intellectual dishonesty by whether they agree with you or not(like most things). They've already got their assumption down as a fact, so denying their "facts" is dishonesty to them.
Not entirely. I think many can respect that someone, through their own perspectives and experiences, can come to wildly different conclusions on how things should work. Intellectual dishonesty is not about disagreement, but a doggedness to 'win-the-point' through subversive tactics.

For example, I think many people here are wrong, but I don't think they're being intellectually dishonest. In fact, I tend to think most of them are well-meaning individuals who aren't jaded through many negative life experiences, and probably have a more open heart than I and thus do not distrust as highly as I do.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Not entirely. I think many can respect that someone, through their own perspectives and experiences, can come to wildly different conclusions on how things should work. Intellectual dishonesty is not about disagreement, but a doggedness to 'win-the-point' through subversive tactics.

For example, I think many people here are wrong, but I don't think they're being intellectually dishonest. In fact, I tend to think most of them are well-meaning individuals who aren't jaded through many negative life experiences, and probably have a more open heart than I and thus do not distrust as highly as I do.
I tend to believe people honestly believe what they say and some people, I know this to be true, because if they didn't the idea is so insane, they wouldn't have said it unless they were convinced.

*cough cough* The brilliant defund the police idea.

I tend to believe people honestly believe what they say and some people, I know this to be true, because if they didn't the idea is so insane, they wouldn't have said it unless they were convinced.

*cough cough* The brilliant defund the police idea.
Pretty much, Zemmi. Most people honestly believe it, and I think a lot of the time it comes from a place of care and conviction. That does not means they're intellectually dishonest.

Defunding the police is... clever... yes... :josad:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Yeah but people don't use it correctly though. Like with throwing political terms they don't understand as an insult, they'll scream dishonesty from a disagreement.

I don’t necessarily distrust people, but too many people uses their own opinions as a basis for right and wrong, and do everything they can to position themselves as the good person.