Is Kingdom worth coming back to?

I stopped after Osen beat Riboku and they took that strategic city, I forgot the name, after that I thought Zhao was done for because thats what the manga has been implying and the war with them has been going on for so long and they lost like 400k soldiers but they just wont stop coming. Its like they have infinite armies, that kind of turned me off from the manga because it didnt feel realistic for huge armies to keep springing up after Zhao lost half its territory and is getting choked out and having been giga crippled by the loss of 400k men ( that shit would require generations to come back from).

And I hear the Zhao campaign is still ongoing lmao.

So yeah Im pretty damn sick of Zhao and Riboku and this point.

And I hear the Zhao campaign is still ongoing lmao.

So yeah Im pretty damn sick of Zhao and Riboku and this point.
If you're sick of seeing Zhao then it is probably best for you to wait a bit longer. There was a 10 chapter mini-arc against Chu before going back to another three arcs of Zhao (two Kanki led campaigns and the current Ousen led one).
I stopped after Osen beat Riboku and they took that strategic city, I forgot the name, after that I thought Zhao was done for because thats what the manga has been implying and the war with them has been going on for so long and they lost like 400k soldiers but they just wont stop coming. Its like they have infinite armies, that kind of turned me off from the manga because it didnt feel realistic for huge armies to keep springing up after Zhao lost half its territory and is getting choked out and having been giga crippled by the loss of 400k men ( that shit would require generations to come back from).
Thing is this isn't the manga making up this scenario, this is what actually happened in real life. Zhao held out for numerous more campaigns. This is just Hara following what happened.

Chinese wars are pretty nutty for their casualty rates. If you look up the top ten bloodiest wars in history, half of them would be Chinese.

Taiping Rebellion. Bureaucrat wannabe fails test for the hundredth time, claims to be the brother of Jesus Christ, minimum of 20 million people die, likely 3rd bloodiest conflict in all of human history... Still enough people around to have multiple rebellions (e.g. Panthay Rebellion, Boxer Rebellion, Dungan Revolt etc.) happening concurrently and/or immediately afterwards.

Chinese history is insane. Lol.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
If you aren’t enjoying Zhao or Riboku, you may want to give Kingdom a few years lol.

My fellow Kingdom lads know, the current Battle of Hango, while I am enjoying it, to me this feels like the first Kingdom Arc I’ve read out of 8 arcs that I’ve read week to week, that is just absolutely crawling. I’d say at least wait until the current arc is complete if you’re going to get back to Kingdom, but get yourself ready for more Godboku and Zhao.

How long do you think the Zhao campaign will last for?
Do you want the historical answer? Lol

Non-historical answer: this current battle is looking like another decisive victory for the Godboku and for Zhao, but there’s only been one day of fighting so far so ultimately it’s tough to say. But I’d say it’s going to be a couple of years before Qin can make it to the Zhao Capitol.

I will say though, Hara has done a good job for me of giving us breaks from Zhao over the past few years. We do get a brief but awesome Chu battle and some Han drama mixed in with the current Zhao wars, though Zhao is definitely the star of the show and will not fall any time soon.

If you aren’t enjoying Zhao or Riboku, you may want to give Kingdom a few years lol.

My fellow Kingdom lads know, the current Battle of Hango, while I am enjoying it, to me this feels like the first Kingdom Arc I’ve read out of 8 arcs that I’ve read week to week, that is just absolutely crawling. I’d say at least wait until the current arc is complete if you’re going to get back to Kingdom, but get yourself ready for more Godboku and Zhao.

Do you want the historical answer? Lol

Non-historical answer: this current battle is looking like another decisive victory for the Godboku and for Zhao, but there’s only been one day of fighting so far so ultimately it’s tough to say. But I’d say it’s going to be a couple of years before Qin can make it to the Zhao Capitol.

I will say though, Hara has done a good job for me of giving us breaks from Zhao over the past few years. We do get a brief Chu battle and some Han drama mixed in with the current Zhao wars, though Zhao is definitely the star of the show and will not fall any time soon.
Godamn, seriously? I was under the impression that after they took that strategic city that I forgot the name of that Zhao would be soon finished. They put a lot of emphasis about how important that city was and that without it Zhao would soon find itself choked out in its capital city.

I know @Owl Ki said that chinese wars have huge amounts of casualties and thats fine but Zhao was never presented as this massive country with a huge a mount of manpower. In fact the loss of 400000 men was presented as a huge casualty for them and I mean it is lmao.

But now I keep hearing about more and more armies popping up from Zhao and Its just mind numbing lmao, its like Riboku has a cheat code where he can just summon armies at will.

Anyways, I guess I will set my dislike of Riboku and just Zhao fatigue aside and catch up anyways.

I am still mad that Kanki died, he was my favorite character lmao and his death hasnt helped my desire to catch up again.

Historicaly Zhao gave them a lot of trouble while the other states got smoked in a couple of battles so Hara is trying to stick to that but i understand if you got tired of Zhao.
I would also have liked to move to some other state for atleast 50 or so chapters.
In fact the loss of 400000 men was presented as a huge casualty for them
That was before the story even began
It's been decades at this point
Sometimes it does feel annoying that armies and generals keep appearing but it's not like they lost anything close to that
You got spoiled on Kanki so i guess it's fine to talk about it but Qin was sending close to 400k while Riboku had 300k.
He planned his move for months, ambushed the other armies before they joined Kanki and then eliminated him and his entire army 300k to 100k.
He didn't just magicaly summon 3 times the soldiers like Kanki fans like to cope.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Godamn, seriously? I was under the impression that after they took that strategic city that I forgot the name of that Zhao would be soon finished. They put a lot of emphasis about how important that city was and that without it Zhao would soon find itself choked out in its capital city.
Lol. How severely the Qin underestimated the Godboku.

That was the idea, as Gyou is relatively geographically close to Kantan. But Riboku of course knows this as well and I won’t spoil anything, but Riboku essentially made approaching Kantan from Gyou impossible.

The OG plan was to take Gyou, then Kantan, and then with the Zhao Capitol exterminated, the Qin could then capture the northern Zhao cities that the royal family could retreat to via underground passages after Kantan was surrounded.

But since Riboku made that impossible, we are instead targeting the northern Zhao cities prior to targeting Kantan, so now the royal family will have nowhere to run to when Kantan is captured.

I know @Owl Ki said that chinese wars have huge amounts of casualties and thats fine but Zhao was never presented as this massive country with a huge a mount of manpower. In fact the loss of 400000 men was presented as a huge casualty for them and I mean it is lmao.
So, there are more cities in Kingdom than there were in China historically, but there are not “armies popping up from nowhere” lol. Riboku is just using armies from the fictional cities/territories like Seika.

But now I keep hearing about more and more armies popping up from Zhao and Its just mind numbing lmao, its like Riboku has a cheat code where he can just summon armies at will.
Like I said, Zhao has more men than they had historically, but he’s not materializing armies from thin air lol.

I am still mad that Kanki died, he was my favorite character lmao and his death hasnt helped my desire to catch up again.
His death was peak as fuck, a death rivaling Ouki’s death imo.

Historicaly Zhao gave them a lot of trouble while the other states got smoked in a couple of battles so Hara is trying to stick to that but i understand if you got tired of Zhao.
I would also have liked to move to some other state for atleast 50 or so chapters.

That was before the story even began
It's been decades at this point
Sometimes it does feel annoying that armies and generals keep appearing but it's not like they lost anything close to that
You got spoiled on Kanki so i guess it's fine to talk about it but Qin was sending close to 400k while Riboku had 300k.
He planned his move for months, ambushed the other armies before they joined Kanki and then eliminated him and his entire army 300k to 100k.
He didn't just magicaly summon 3 times the soldiers like Kanki fans like to cope.
No bro Im talking about the amount of men they lost after that important city battle. Please remind me of the name of that city lmao.

Yes but then South of Kantan got quickly fortified which bogged Qin down and then they decided to send a force North of Kantan to prevent the Zhao monarchy fleeing beyond Qin's immediate reach, a force that failed miserably and got nearly annihilated.

Now here we are with Big Shiba. Lol.
It is but Qin is wanting to completely destroy Zhao and Kanki's actions have convinced the Zhao populace that Qin intends to slaughter them all. In existential conflicts (perceived or real), the state will mobilise every last man possible regardless of casualty rates. No point in not fighting if you're gonna die anyway.
Blame history, not Hara. :pepedoffy:
Chinese history really is something else.

Lol. How severely the Qin underestimated the Godboku.

That was the idea, as Gyou is relatively geographically close to Kantan. But Riboku of course knows this as well and I won’t spoil anything, but Riboku essentially made approaching Kantan from Gyou impossible.

The OG plan was to take Gyou, then Kantan, and then with the Zhao Capitol exterminated, the Qin could then capture the northern Zhao cities that the royal family could retreat to via underground passages after Kantan was surrounded.

But since Riboku made that impossible, we are instead targeting the northern Zhao cities prior to targeting Kantan, so now the royal family will have nowhere to run to when Kantan is captured.

So, there are more cities in Kingdom than there were in China historically, but there are not “armies popping up from nowhere” lol. Riboku is just using armies from the fictional cities/territories like Seika.

Like I said, Zhao has more men than they had historically, but he’s not materializing armies from thin air lol.

His death was peak as fuck, a death rivaling Ouki’s death imo.
Yo I feel you about the armies thing but it really did feel like the Gyou battle was an all or nothing type of deal and that Zhao basically sent the bulk of their forces to try and stop Qin from taking it. After that huge loss it didnt feel fight to see all those armies showing up out of nowhere that werent those that were supposed to be stationed near the capital.

It really annoyed me lmao.

Like they made the Gyou battle into such a huge deal but now that Qin took it it almost didnt matter.

No bro Im talking about the amount of men they lost after that important city battle. Please remind me of the name of that city lmao.
In Gyou they didn't suffer too many loses compared to Qin iirc
Left flank was even
Center didn't fight until the last day and after they were hit from the right they retreated.
It was a defeat but nothing overwhelming.
Gyou allowed them to supply and advance their troops into Zhao but Riboku built a wall and forced them to attack in the north where he has the loyalty of the troops and the people and keeps spanking their ass.

If we want to be honest pulling armies out of thin air is something that Qin did just as much as Zhao. You have to remember that Qin are waging wars with their neighbors almost every year since the start of the series and in most of those wars tens of thousands soldiers die. Just the Gyou invasion probably costed them 70k if not more. Even if they win, the casualties in those invasions are still massive and yet they continue to contract more and more soldiers.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Yo I feel you about the armies thing but it really did feel like the Gyou battle was an all or nothing type of deal and that Zhao basically sent the bulk of their forces to try and stop Qin from taking it. After that huge loss it didnt feel fight to see all those armies showing up out of nowhere that werent those that were supposed to be stationed near the capital.

It really annoyed me lmao.

Like they made the Gyou battle into such a huge deal but now that Qin took it it almost didnt matter.
Gyou was definitely an important stronghold, but Zhao knew this as well and especially Riboku knew this. Really the mistake was on Qin for believing that a city like Gyou, which sat right at Kantan’s throat, wouldn’t be massively accounted for by the Zhao.

This isn’t One Piece where Kaido ruled the New World for 40 years and then Luffy overthrows him in one night lol, the state of Zhao has existed for hundreds of years and will not fall with anything less than a humongous effort. Hundreds of millions of people have died being convinced it was impossible for Zhao to fall, there was zero way Qin could’ve hoped to fall Zhao in less than 5 years, especially with Riboku alive.

Really after capturing Gyou, Zhao has beaten Qin back time and time again. I think it’s superb writing personally. If Qin fell Zhao in two years of fighting, it would just be sad imo. Lol

Gyou was definitely an important stronghold, but Zhao knew this as well and especially Riboku knew this. Really the mistake was on Qin for believing that a city like Gyou, which sat right at Kantan’s throat, wouldn’t be massively accounted for by the Zhao.

This isn’t One Piece where Kaido ruled the New World for 40 years and then Luffy overthrows him in one night lol, the state of Zhao has existed for hundreds of years and will not fall with anything less than a humongous effort. Hundreds of millions of people have died being convinced it was impossible for Zhao to fall, there was zero way Qin could’ve hoped to fall Zhao in less than 5 years, especially with Riboku alive.

Really after capturing Gyou, Zhao has beaten Qin back time and time again. I think it’s superb writing personally. If Qin fell Zhao in two years of fighting, it would just be sad imo. Lol
I guess youre right, hmm well I have a question. Is there anyone on the Qin side I can root for? Kanki was the goat and my man for this but after his death I dont know who to root for. I dont really care for anyone on the Qin's side too much. Maybe the MC a bit but thats about it.